U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM

24,371 posts, read 17,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I never said he was MADE to renounce it. I said that he had been ordered to renouce it. Big difference.
He was NOT ordered to renounce it, so your words are still false.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM

12,499 posts, read 6,289,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
He was NOT ordered to renounce it, so your words are still false.
Canada Orders Pastor to Renounce His Faith*|*Catholic Exchange

Okay, I reread the article. What it said in view of what the counsel did order him to do was that in Effect, the counsel ordered him to renounce his faith. Now go have a cookie.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM

In effect? That is an opinion, not an order.....No such order was ever given, nor would ever be given in Canada.

What the opinion piece said was
Quote:
In essence, the Alberta Human Rights Tribunal is ordering to the minister to renounce his Christian faith, since his opposition to homosexuality is based upon the Judeo-Christian Bible.
It seems the Catholic church is also over reacting, because pastors are quite free to preach against homosexuality as long as they do not incite violence.

Here is the religious exemption contained in BillC250.
Quote:
(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence under subsection (2)

(a) if he establishes that the statements communicated were true;
(b) if, in good faith, the person expressed or attempted to establish by an argument an opinion on a religious subject or an opinion based on a belief in a religious text;
Even if it were true I think it is a pretty sad situation when Christians believe they are being persecuted when they are prevented from persecuting others.....Now go cry me a river.

Last edited by sanspeur; 01-10-2010 at 07:06 PM..

Old 01-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
In effect? That is an opinion, not an order.....No such order was ever given, nor would ever be given in Canada.

What the opinion piece said was

It seems the Catholic church is also over reacting, because pastors are quite free to preach against homosexuality as long as they do not incite violence.

Even if it were true I think it is a pretty sad situation when Christians believe they are being persecuted when they are prevented from persecuting others.....Now go cry me a river.
Yes, I meant to say essence and put in effect instead. One of those short term memory things.

However, speaking the truth is not persecution. It is speaking the truth.

Actually,' in effect' probably equates to 'in essence'.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, I meant to say essence and put in effect instead. One of those short term memory things.

However, speaking the truth is not persecution. It is speaking the truth.

Actually,' in effect' probably equates to 'in essence'.
Here is an excerpt from Boissoin's letter that the case was based on......I certainly don't think there is any truth in it...It is only his bigoted opinion...There is very little truth in that letter.

Quote:
The homosexual agenda is not gaining ground because it is morally backed. It is gaining ground simply because you, Mr. and Mrs. Heterosexual, do nothing to stop it. It is only a matter of time before some of these morally bankrupt individuals such as those involved with NAMBLA, the North American Man/Boy Lovers Association, will achieve their goal to have sexual relations with children and assert that it is a matter of free choice and claim that we are intolerant bigots not to accept it.
Read the entire letter here.. Stephen Boissoin

Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,596,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Of course you would say this Sanspeur....you're an atheist!!! You have always come into these threads about Christian persecution and said the same old things, trying your best to stir up trouble. How can you understand anything biblical (Christian persecution is very much spoken of) when you harbor so much hatred towards Christians yourself?

You are the epitome of what is being discussed here. If it were up to you all Christians would be burned at the stake.
How do you know this?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Here is an excerpt from Boissoin's letter that the case was based on......I certainly don't think there is any truth in it...It is only his bigoted opinion...There is very little truth in that letter.

Read the entire letter here.. Stephen Boissoin
He spoke the truth and had the courage to do it. Nothing bigoted about it. Now, end of discussion.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
He spoke the truth and had the courage to do it. Nothing bigoted about it. Now, end of discussion.
I agree, it's time to end it, for I have a difficult time holding my temper when dealing with bigots.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 PM

4 posts, read 3,266 times
Re: Stephen Boissoin

There is no evidence that an assault on a teenager ever happened. And Boissoin certainly never advocated it or condoned it.

http://stephenboissoin.com/downloads/scan013_20091203_180444 (broken link)[1].pdf

Read the whole thing, but especially page 6-7.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 3,266 times
Sorry that link may not work. Google this:

Action No. 0801- c'- /, IN THE COURT OF QUEEN'S BENCH OF ALBERTA ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity