U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,529,245 times

Advertisements

Two points of contentions regarding the Nicene creed:

#1. Jesus Christ is the Giver of Life: Not the Holy Spirit:

John 6: 32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Do not blur the lines of the roles of the Son's with the Holy Spirit's. Do not put the Holy Spirit on the cross when the Son was the One on the cross and rose from the dead. Do not say that because the Holy Spirit is God, it doesn't matter, but it does matter as the Holy Spirit seeks not to speak of Himself but to testify of the Son to glorify the Son as the name of Jesus is above every other name.

#2. The Holy Spirit was not sent to be worshipped nor addressed in worship as again, the Holy Spirit dwells in us to lead us to honour the Son and thereby honour the Father for the Father can only be glorified through the Son in the assembly.

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but because of the error in the Nicene creed which leavened into unscriptural hymnals praisng the Holy Spirit specifically and thereby broadening the way to receive another spirit in the worship place that would mislead believers into thinking that those spirits is the Holy Spirit in its comings and goings.

If the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself but testify of the Lord Jesus Christ to seek his glory, then the spirits that are coming into the worship place to steal the spotlight and causing those to lift the banner glorifying the movement of the "Spirit" is not being done by the Holy Spirit nor are they led by the Holy Spirit to do so.

John 15: 26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why?

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 2: 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

We who are led by the Spirit of God shall do what He is sent to do.. to not speak of ourselves, but to testify and thereby glorify Jesus Christ and thus we are doing the will of God by honouring the Son and thereby honouring the Father in the worship place.

Jesus is the only way to call those out of the world of their spirit worship and addressing spirits to be witnesses of the Son as standing apart from the world.

That is why the indwelling Holy Spirit and the scriptures are still pointing believers to the Bridegroom in having that chaste relationship with God through Jesus Christ: our first love.

May the Lord deliver those in error to narrow the way back to the Son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 04:31 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Two points of contentions regarding the Nicene creed:

#1. Jesus Christ is the Giver of Life: Not the Holy Spirit:

John 6: 32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Do not blur the lines of the roles of the Son's with the Holy Spirit's. Do not put the Holy Spirit on the cross when the Son was the One on the cross and rose from the dead. Do not say that because the Holy Spirit is God, it doesn't matter, but it does matter as the Holy Spirit seeks not to speak of Himself but to testify of the Son to glorify the Son as the name of Jesus is above every other name.

#2. The Holy Spirit was not sent to be worshipped nor addressed in worship as again, the Holy Spirit dwells in us to lead us to honour the Son and thereby honour the Father for the Father can only be glorified through the Son in the assembly.

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but because of the error in the Nicene creed which leavened into unscriptural hymnals praisng the Holy Spirit specifically and thereby broadening the way to receive another spirit in the worship place that would mislead believers into thinking that those spirits is the Holy Spirit in its comings and goings.

If the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself but testify of the Lord Jesus Christ to seek his glory, then the spirits that are coming into the worship place to steal the spotlight and causing those to lift the banner glorifying the movement of the "Spirit" is not being done by the Holy Spirit nor are they led by the Holy Spirit to do so.

John 15: 26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why?

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 2: 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

We who are led by the Spirit of God shall do what He is sent to do.. to not speak of ourselves, but to testify and thereby glorify Jesus Christ and thus we are doing the will of God by honouring the Son and thereby honouring the Father in the worship place.

Jesus is the only way to call those out of the world of their spirit worship and addressing spirits to be witnesses of the Son as standing apart from the world.

That is why the indwelling Holy Spirit and the scriptures are still pointing believers to the Bridegroom in having that chaste relationship with God through Jesus Christ: our first love.

May the Lord deliver those in error to narrow the way back to the Son.
Enow....why are you so against the Spirit of God? I've noticed in many of your posts that you almost treat the Spirit as blasphemy. Don't you understand that it is the Spirit that lives in us guiding and teaching us?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:07 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,252,222 times
Are you teaching not to revere the Shekinah Glory?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Enow....why are you so against the Spirit of God? I've noticed in many of your posts that you almost treat the Spirit as blasphemy. Don't you understand that it is the Spirit that lives in us guiding and teaching us?
I acknowledge the role of the Holy Spirit for why He is sent. He is the promise for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ as our seal of adoption as we have received power to be the sons of God after being bought with a price to be a new creature in Christ.

He dwells in us as the Good Shepherd leads us through the Holy Spirit in us. Whatever the Holy Spirit hears, that He speaks, and He shall show us things to come as He seeks to glorify the Son by receiving what is of His: and show them unto us. He will also bring into remembrance all things that Jesus has taught unto us.

But I also understand the will of God in regards to relating to Him through the Son.

The Holy Spirit is not the Mediator: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the Son: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the Head of the Church: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the One we are to honour, to worship, and to glorify: Jesus Christ is for by the Son, we do so unto the Father as the Holy Spirit in us seeks to lead us to do so.

The Holy Spirit's name is not above every other name: the name of Jesus Christ is.

If a newly elected pastor was just introduced in your church and you were in the congregation seeing that eveyrbody has acknowledged that he is the new pastor. Then you see a member of your church that had just introduced him as the new pastor, go to the pulpit and announced to every deacon and elder to look for the new pastor. You see the new pastor taken aback and goes up to the man to inform him that he is there. The man says that he knows this, smiles reassuringly, but still looks out into the congregation to see if anyone had found him yet as they were still calling for his name.

Soon, somebody had gone out into the streets and cried out that they had found him. They lead him in as the crowd applauds his entrance. This man began shaking people and robbing them of their money while the congregation applaud of his conduct. When he got done, he leaves as the congregation mulls over the awesome experience.

You go up to them and point: there is your pastor! He has been with us the whole time! That was not the pastor. The role of the pastor is to testify and to glorify Jesus Christ: not make a name for himself by this stranger's visitation!!

They don't listen. Instead, they say, "Why are you speaking against our pastor? He is sent to teach us and to guide us here at the church." Then they broke out the hymnals and began replacing the pastor's name with Jesus's name when they began to sing.

"The gospel is about Jesus Christ!! That is Whom the pastor and teh Holy Spirit in us and the scriptures are pointing us to go to!!" you raise your voice to be heard by all above the singing. Then the deacons raised their heads and see you as a trouble maker and lead you politely to quite down as they reminded you of the role of the pastor.

"Nowhere does it say to worship the pastor", you would say.

"But God sent him to us and so we must honour Him by worshipping our pastor."

You look at the pastor as they do not seem to hear him at all as he too is pointing to Jesus Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Holy Spirit is God, but scriptures referring glory and honour does not include the Holy Spirit in with the Father and the Son because the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself but to testify and to glorify the Son as He that dwells in us would lead us to do the same.

Because the rudiment of the world has crept into christianity, now the way has been broadened in approaching God "instead of Christ" which is the definition of the anti-christ as in taking the place of Christ.

The RCC being behind the Nicene creed is responsible for this broadening of the way as they continue to do moreso with the priest, Mary, the departed saints, and the Pope in going to "instead of Christ".

Those that worship God must do so in spirit and in truth. Placing the Holy Spirit in the worship place is not of the truth for He dwells in us. Other spirits are in the world, but our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit as He is the Comforter, being within us always therefore we can worship God anywhere at anytime as we have this reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ, so do we have this worship of God the Father through Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to approach God the Father in worship, in our relationship with God, and for salvation.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

May God cause the increase.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Are you teaching not to revere the Shekinah Glory?
Define Shekinah Glory.

And then answer how the Holy Spirit in us can glorify the Son Whose name is above every other name if we are led by the Holy Spirit to also glorify the Holy Spirit?

This is the witness factor:

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Now behold the witness factor in the role of the Holy Spirit.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Holy Spirit will not speak of himself: The Holy Spirit seeks to glorify Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is God and He will not fail as the Spirit of Truth by speaking of himself in seeking His own glory.

I understand this by the grace of God only so I can only ask every reader to take this matter to the Lord Jesus Christ in prayer for discernment.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:15 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,252,222 times
I was taught the Shekinah Glory is the presence of the Lord.
The "Comforter" that Jesus spoke of.
The Presence that was evident on the day Pentecost.

I didn't ask the question to be sarcasstic.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:07 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Who worships the Holy Spirit....I'm still not understanding what you are trying to accomplish by this post???? What is your intent???

Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,579,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
I acknowledge the role of the Holy Spirit for why He is sent. He is the promise for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ as our seal of adoption as we have received power to be the sons of God after being bought with a price to be a new creature in Christ.

He dwells in us as the Good Shepherd leads us through the Holy Spirit in us. Whatever the Holy Spirit hears, that He speaks, and He shall show us things to come as He seeks to glorify the Son by receiving what is of His: and show them unto us. He will also bring into remembrance all things that Jesus has taught unto us.

But I also understand the will of God in regards to relating to Him through the Son.

The Holy Spirit is not the Mediator: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the Son: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the Head of the Church: Jesus Christ is.

The Holy Spirit is not the One we are to honour, to worship, and to glorify: Jesus Christ is for by the Son, we do so unto the Father as the Holy Spirit in us seeks to lead us to do so.

The Holy Spirit's name is not above every other name: the name of Jesus Christ is.

If a newly elected pastor was just introduced in your church and you were in the congregation seeing that eveyrbody has acknowledged that he is the new pastor. Then you see a member of your church that had just introduced him as the new pastor, go to the pulpit and announced to every deacon and elder to look for the new pastor. You see the new pastor taken aback and goes up to the man to inform him that he is there. The man says that he knows this, smiles reassuringly, but still looks out into the congregation to see if anyone had found him yet as they were still calling for his name.

Soon, somebody had gone out into the streets and cried out that they had found him. They lead him in as the crowd applauds his entrance. This man began shaking people and robbing them of their money while the congregation applaud of his conduct. When he got done, he leaves as the congregation mulls over the awesome experience.

You go up to them and point: there is your pastor! He has been with us the whole time! That was not the pastor. The role of the pastor is to testify and to glorify Jesus Christ: not make a name for himself by this stranger's visitation!!

They don't listen. Instead, they say, "Why are you speaking against our pastor? He is sent to teach us and to guide us here at the church." Then they broke out the hymnals and began replacing the pastor's name with Jesus's name when they began to sing.

"The gospel is about Jesus Christ!! That is Whom the pastor and teh Holy Spirit in us and the scriptures are pointing us to go to!!" you raise your voice to be heard by all above the singing. Then the deacons raised their heads and see you as a trouble maker and lead you politely to quite down as they reminded you of the role of the pastor.

"Nowhere does it say to worship the pastor", you would say.

"But God sent him to us and so we must honour Him by worshipping our pastor."

You look at the pastor as they do not seem to hear him at all as he too is pointing to Jesus Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Holy Spirit is God, but scriptures referring glory and honour does not include the Holy Spirit in with the Father and the Son because the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself but to testify and to glorify the Son as He that dwells in us would lead us to do the same.

Because the rudiment of the world has crept into christianity, now the way has been broadened in approaching God "instead of Christ" which is the definition of the anti-christ as in taking the place of Christ.

The RCC being behind the Nicene creed is responsible for this broadening of the way as they continue to do moreso with the priest, Mary, the departed saints, and the Pope in going to "instead of Christ".

Those that worship God must do so in spirit and in truth. Placing the Holy Spirit in the worship place is not of the truth for He dwells in us. Other spirits are in the world, but our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit as He is the Comforter, being within us always therefore we can worship God anywhere at anytime as we have this reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ, so do we have this worship of God the Father through Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to approach God the Father in worship, in our relationship with God, and for salvation.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

May God cause the increase.
Amen, preach it brother!!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I was taught the Shekinah Glory is the presence of the Lord.
The "Comforter" that Jesus spoke of.
The Presence that was evident on the day Pentecost.

I didn't ask the question to be sarcasstic.
I did not take it as a sarcastic question. I knew you were serious.

Well, I never heard of the Shekinah Glory as the Presence of the Lord unless it is an earlier reference to the presence of the Lord being in the Jewish Temple.

I am not sure how it can be referred as the same thing to the Comforter that seeks no glory of His own but of the Son.

As for the day of Pentecost, that cannot be a repeatable event in the life of the same believer. The disciples were not witnesses of the Day of Pentecost, but of the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Even afterwards, Jesus is still the Gospel preached and not the gospel of signs and wonders or the day of Pentecost, even though today believers seem to preach as if it is.

Those that try to invoke the supernatural event keep forgetting that the disciples did not do that but preached the Gospel in seeking the glory of the Son.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who worships the Holy Spirit....I'm still not understanding what you are trying to accomplish by this post???? What is your intent???
The Nicene creed has the Holy Spirit to be worshipped with the Father and the Son.

That is the title of the OP: Errors in the Nicene creed.

The other error is saying that the Holy Spirit is the Giver of Life, but scriptures plainly states that Jesus Christ is the Giver of Life.

By His grace, I am addressing the errors in the Nicene creed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or