Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,899 times

Advertisements

Being drawn to Jesus and learning of Him through the scriptures so that our love may abound yet more and more in the knowledge of Him as we are living that personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ is what I believe christianity is all about.

Believers that keep pointing to anything else besides Jesus Christ are not pointing to Jesus Christ.

Believers may not know this in the beginning, but eventually they will learn how God chose them and not them choosing God, but to reach such knowledge begins by learning of Jesus Christ personally in the scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM

21 posts, read 25,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
You might try reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis
will do.

I wish i had time to read everyone else's posts; I'll get to it but I'm really busy right now!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:14 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
I was not born a Christian, but I am now.... Glory to God

Old 01-19-2010, 04:15 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Being drawn to Jesus and learning of Him through the scriptures so that our love may abound yet more and more in the knowledge of Him as we are living that personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ is what I believe christianity is all about.

Believers that keep pointing to anything else besides Jesus Christ are not pointing to Jesus Christ.

Believers may not know this in the beginning, but eventually they will learn how God chose them and not them choosing God, but to reach such knowledge begins by learning of Jesus Christ personally in the scriptures.
AMEN!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Why not Christianity...

Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,209 times
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by FAITH, not by sight.

Also, I will second what someone else said..there is nothing "rational" about it. (1 Corinthians 1:27 God uses the dumb, to confound the wise.)

Jesus spoke in parables, or riddles, because people couldn't understand otherwise.

God has given you the free will. In earlier times, people were killed, because they WANTED to be a Christian? What a wonderful thing, to have, a choice.

Oh, relating to, the "ritual" comment, and how Christianity may seem "easy" because "no rituals". In Old Testament days, there were all kinds, of rituals, and we couldn't get it right then. Thankfully He sent Jesus, to do away with rituals. All you have to do is confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart. Romans 10:9

I'll admit, since I've been reading some of the posts on this particular forum, my spirit is built up. Now, go put on the whole armour (Ephesians 6:13-18) and be blessed!!!!!.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by FAITH, not by sight.

Also, I will second what someone else said..there is nothing "rational" about it. (1 Corinthians 1:27 God uses the dumb, to confound the wise.)

Jesus spoke in parables, or riddles, because people couldn't understand otherwise.

God has given you the free will. In earlier times, people were killed, because they WANTED to be a Christian? What a wonderful thing, to have, a choice.

Oh, relating to, the "ritual" comment, and how Christianity may seem "easy" because "no rituals". In Old Testament days, there were all kinds, of rituals, and we couldn't get it right then. Thankfully He sent Jesus, to do away with rituals. All you have to do is confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart. Romans 10:9

I'll admit, since I've been reading some of the posts on this particular forum, my spirit is built up. Now, go put on the whole armour (Ephesians 6:13-18) and be blessed!!!!!.
Yes Madame Butterfly!!! Amen to what you proclaim!!

And a key issue that you have pointed out is: All you/we have to do is confess with our mouths.. Jesus provides the Way but we have to believe, confess, repent and turn. Truly NOT EVERYONE goes to heaven because unfortunately not everyone wants God.

It is absolutely bizarre that people believe that God is going to force creation to choose Him... He gives man a gift and a chose to take that gift. Those that don't take it and reject it will not be with Jesus forever because they obviously don't want to be with God forever...

Let those that have ears hear the Spirit of Truth...

Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 AM

331 posts, read 498,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post
Moderator cut: Inappropriate to refer to in open forum.

As for the OP's question, I am a Christian, quite honestly, because my parents gave me the gift of knowing of God's love from an early age. I went to church regularly as a child, and now, as a teenager, listen to Christian Contemporary music, speak of the Word of God, and love my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength. I shudder to think of what I would be if I were, say, Moderator cut: deleted reference! son.

Moderator cut: Off topic.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-21-2010 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-21-2010, 12:30 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Goodness gracious, people!!!

~~When June first started reading this thread, it was a mere three pages long. --But given all the flaming, attacking, and off topic posts, it took her longer to moderate this one than some threads that are four times the length!

Please address the OP, which is:

Why did you decide on Christianity?

Seems like an awfully good question, so let's not derail this thread, okay???

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Because God is the only way through His Son Jesus Christ to salvation,people better wake up and come to Him ,because death is like a thief in the night,where do you want to spend eternity in Heaven or hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity