Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you desire all people to be saved?
Yes 25 89.29%
No 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,104,462 times

Advertisements

Be honest here. Do you desire that God save all mankind? All people, including Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, etc?

Only 2 choices: Yes or No. Feel free to add a comment explaining your choice if you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,141,580 times
Of course!

Only an unloving person would say otherwise. But even though our God is LOVE, there are some things which has been laid out in black and white. There is no lukewarmness with God. And Justice is the name I am thinking of.

Oh how I pray your doctrines are Truth. But from my revealings, THUS FAR, they are not. But you never know. I can go to the grave thinking they are not, when perhaps, they are. Who can know these things for absolute certainty? Only the Father, and the Son, and those to whom they give the Truth to.

As of now,,,it is left up to each one of us to come to our own understandings until the day we stand in front of Him. Then, we KNOW for certain.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM

823 posts, read 1,393,956 times
I believe that every one will pay the price for their sins..... we do not do bad things to one another without a price. I believe that in the end though all will be saved.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,533,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Be honest here. Do you desire that God save all mankind? All people, including Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, etc?

Only 2 choices: Yes or No. Feel free to add a comment explaining your choice if you wish.
I desire for all men to be saved which is why I am adamant about the great commission.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,324,427 times
honestly, no!

you know I have argued in favor for universalism in many threads, but while I abominate the doctrine of everlasting torment, I wouldn't mind if some people would be annihilated, but I have also nothing against the fact that even thr worst villains will ultimately be saved - I consider this to be the truth and therefore defend it; from rational and philosophic reasons I would rather adhere to annihilationism.

I am glad anyway that God will save all men, though I wouldn't mind if some would be everlastingly destroyed.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM

809 posts, read 1,858,028 times
Quote:

Christians would hope as many come to Christ as possible but we all know some won't make and thus will burn in Hell. Oh well.

hope that answers your Q....toodles

Old 01-19-2010, 12:04 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,392,562 times
I'm sorry, but I don't think so ! And it's not because I'm unloving, I care deeply for good people, animals and children. Why would anyone want a monster like Hitler to be saved ?

To me being a loving person means, helping the helpless, doing good to your neighbor, not holding back when you can help someone, and sharing God's LOVE and goodness, not preaching fire & brimstone.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
Christians would hope as many come to Christ as possible but we all know some won't make and thus will burn in Hell. Oh well.

hope that answers your Q....toodles
LOL "Oh well" indeed. "Oh well", they'll just be burning for eternity. Did you vote in the poll yet OneJackson?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM

Participants, thankyou for your honesty so far. I admit there is a few surprises for me so far in the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think so ! And it's not because I'm unloving, I care deeply for good people, animals and children. Why would anyone want a monster like Hitler to be saved ?

To me being a loving person means, helping the helpless, doing good to your neighbor, not holding back when you can help someone, and sharing God's LOVE and goodness, not preaching fire & brimstone.

tkdmom, what about loving our enemies? Do you desire your enemies to burn in hell? Surely Hitler is an enemy of a great many people, yet we are commanded to love him.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,392,562 times
Quote:
Participants, thankyou for your honesty so far. I admit there is a few surprises for me so far in the results.

tkdmom, what about loving our enemies? Do you desire your enemies to burn in hell? Surely Hitler is an enemy of a great many people, yet we are commanded to love him.

I don't desire all enemies to burn, just the evil ones. And it's not really up to you or me who is saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity