U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,350,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Alpha,
Day of Christ = Rapture
Day of the Lord = Second Coming

These two are the same event....there are no 2 days
Yes, it is two seperate days/events. And hopefully the Day of Christ is just around the corner.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:38 AM

9,502 posts, read 5,138,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, it is two seperate days/events. And hopefully the Day of Christ is just around the corner.
Ilene
The Bible says there isn't because if the events were seperate then a person can know the second coming:

.. Day of Christ = Rapture
+ whatever formula that is popular at the time
= Day of the Lord = Second Coming)

I know we disagree, but we do await for his coming

Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM

8,830 posts, read 6,350,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ilene
The Bible says there isn't because if the events were seperate then a person can know the second coming:

.. Day of Christ = Rapture
+ whatever formula that is popular at the time
= Day of the Lord = Second Coming)

I know we disagree, but we do await for his coming
Yes we do disagree about the Rapture, but that's ok.....each event will be awe filled and spectacular no matter when they happen!!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 AM

24 posts, read 32,180 times
i'm praying it happens soon!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 AM

4,106 posts, read 2,277,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

(I'm not an end times expert, but I do say that the only thing holding Christ back now is the Father's immense desire for those who are still under His wrath to be delivered by Christ's sacrifice. His love for those folks who are still lost is amazing. And thank God He waited for me too!)

Waited for you to do what...?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM

7,768 posts, read 9,703,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Waited for you to do what...?
Respond to His drawing and believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Christ is Lord.

In other words, He waited for me to be saved. He's waiting for you too.....so far......

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM

4,273 posts, read 3,700,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Respond to His drawing and believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Christ is Lord.

In other words, He waited for me to be saved. He's waiting for you too.....so far......
I honestly believe He being the obedient Son that He is, He's ready to move at His Father's will..............yet, we are given day, after day, after day, yes, waiting for one more and one more and yet that one more to come to Him!!

YES, to respond to His drawing, the tugging, the pull on their hearts!! Bless your heart Alpha8207. Isn't He a patient God? There are some that believe He'll wait forever........I ask: How long is long enough for you people?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM

145 posts, read 158,636 times
The scriptures are very clear on articulating that the "Second Coming" was to occur at some point (i.e. "as a thief in the night") during the 1st century CE, while some of the Apostles were still alive. This was a promise attributed towards the very words of Jesus.

Apparently it didn't happen; and that's when the Church declared itself the sole authority to (re-)interpret the scriptures - and promptly did.

DD

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manay
what do you think? i know we will not know the day nor hour but the season.
i've been hearing that all the signs are clear?
what exactly are the signs or things that need to take place?
economy crashes, haiti, etc.
are we in the last days?

Alpha8207, I believe, replied:
There is nothing left that 'has' to occur. The only delay in Christ's return now is His mercy and grace for those still at enmity with God.

Praise God for His long-suffering for the lost.

Last edited by Lastday; 01-29-2010 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: To combine comments of Manay and Alpha8207

Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,590 times
Manay,
I believe we now know the "season", i.e., the very month of the Feast of Tabernacles!
The observable pre-sign is a "bloody-red full moon", a lunar eclipse on the 15th of Tishri!!
Alpha, the "delay" cannot end until the last martyr is killed "in the days of the 7th Trumpet"!!!

No one knows the Day Christ appears as it could occur on Tishri 15 or Tishri 16 for the Jews!
They don't observe their Havdalah Ceremony until the Twilight Hour at the start of Tishri 16!!
All saints are "gathered together above" on the Lastday, but may come with Him on Sunday!!!
Mel Miller, New Member as of today, 1/29/2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity