Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Actually, no, it doesn't.

It all depends on what God means by 'caught up' and what God means by 'soon'.

What we mean makes no difference at all.
AMEN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM

150 posts, read 300,996 times
Quote:
There is nothing left that 'has' to occur. The only delay in Christ's return now is His mercy and grace for those still at enmity with God.

Praise God for His long-suffering for the lost.

Are you really sure??? What about 2 Thess Chapter 2:1-12 ?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
Are you really sure??? What about 2 Thess Chapter 2:1-12 ?
Pretty sure, yeah.

You might want to consider that there's a difference in the Day of Christ and the Day of the Lord.

Day of Christ = Rapture
Day of the Lord = Second Coming

And still all this is apart from the Day of God which if I recall correctly is when the new heaven and new earth (and new Jerusalem) is established.

(I'm not an end times expert, but I do say that the only thing holding Christ back now is the Father's immense desire for those who are still under His wrath to be delivered by Christ's sacrifice. His love for those folks who are still lost is amazing. And thank God He waited for me too!)

Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure, yeah.

You might want to consider that there's a difference in the Day of Christ and the Day of the Lord.

Day of Christ = Rapture

And still all this is apart from the Day of God which if I recall correctly is when the new heaven and new earth (and new Jerusalem) is established.

(I'm not an end times expert, but I do say that the only thing holding Christ back now is the Father's immense desire for those who are still under His wrath to be delivered by Christ's sacrifice. His love for those folks who are still lost is amazing. And thank God He waited for me too!)
Yes you are correct Alpha. He is a loving patient God, but He won't wait forever. It could happen tonight, tomorrow, 10 years from now, but it will happen and people better be ready!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 PM

24 posts, read 55,322 times
i know we don't know when.
but will it most likely happen in our generation?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manay View Post
i know we don't know when.
but will it most likely happen in our generation?
I don't know how anyone could answer that question honestly. All we can know for sure is that its one day closer than it was yesterday. And for that reason, we should make sure we have effectively shared the gospel with the folks we know and encounter.

I hope they have tomorrow to profess with their hearts that Jesus is Lord but it isn't promised or guaranteed.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
I don't understand your question......but you should read II Peter Chapter 3. Even IF it's another 2000 years (I don't believe it will be) it's still soon.

Have you accepted the free gift of salvation from Christ Jesus?
Hi Alpha8207,

Yes but I agreed with the early disciples. You misapply an appeal for patience in 2 Peter 3 as an hermeneutic method. Its the most tortured verse in the Bible.

The disciples identified the fulfillment in their life time. Its was occurring. It was not soon (Jude 16-18, 1 John 2 18-20) Hebrews was also in reaction to the great falling away predicted by Paul in 2 Thessalonians and 1 Timothy and Christ in Matthew 24.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know how anyone could answer that question honestly. All we can know for sure is that its one day closer than it was yesterday. And for that reason, we should make sure we have effectively shared the gospel with the folks we know and encounter.

I hope they have tomorrow to profess with their hearts that Jesus is Lord but it isn't promised or guaranteed.
AMEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Alpha8207,

Yes but I agreed with the early disciples. You misapply an appeal for patience in 2 Peter 3 as an hermeneutic method. Its the most tortured verse in the Bible.

The disciples identified the fulfillment in their life time. Its was occurring. It was not soon (Jude 16-18, 1 John 2 18-20) Hebrews was also in reaction to the great falling away predicted by Paul in 2 Thessalonians and 1 Timothy and Christ in Matthew 24.
You didn't answer Alpha's question.....have you accepted the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ?

Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
We should live each and every day letting our light from "Christ in us" shine to others as if it were our last day..For ourselves, for those we love, and for those who are strangers..

Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Pretty sure, yeah.

Day of Christ = Rapture

Alpha,
Day of Christ = Rapture

These two are the same event....there are no 2 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity