Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Christian Beliefs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Duuuuuude...wake up duuuuude....The establishment has you all confused and brainwashed maaaaaaan. You have bought into the lie...you know that lie of conundrum all entangled into an enigma rolled inside a paper...........

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-20-2010 at 11:16 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 11:23 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Duuuuuude...wake up duuuuude....The establishment has you all confused and brainwashed maaaaaaan. You have bought into the lie...you know that lie of conundrum all entangled into an enigma rolled inside a paper...........
Cute.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
I agree....Mike needs some serious cleansing.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
If those are the keys to the Christian faith and the "rules" that define a Christian, then I am content to continue with no label except that I call myself a "believer"..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-20-2010 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
If those are the keys to the Christian faith and the "rules" that define a Christian, then I am content to continue with no lable except that I call myself a "believer"..
Ditto.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
If those are the keys to the Christian faith and the "rules" that define a Christian, then I am content to continue with no lable except that I call myself a "believer"..
I agree....I just love how men try to define a Christ Follower by mens standards....instead of by Gods standards.

We are only BIBLICALLY called to do the following:

1. Repent & turn from all sin
2. Live your life faithfully and obediently to Gods commands
3. Produce Fruit

These are the only requirements Jesus gave for entering into the Kingdom and receiving eternal life. This is what picking up your cross is all about....living The Way Jesus showed us to live. READ HIS WORDS MIKE......he makes it very plain how to get onto the narrow road.

BTW....I've not seen one verse of scripture that says I have to believe in a Trinity nor one that says I have to go to a building called a church....so obviously these things do not define what a Christian actually is....that is MAN MADE DOGMA.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Why are always trying to cause trouble
I am not trying to cause trouble but trying to prove my point that those who try to blur the line of Christianity are not following scripture by hiding behind the "I don't judge who is a Christian that's God's job"

I mean where do you draw the line or you have no line where you believe anything you want and you are a Christian? almost forgot my smiley face

Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:
If those are the keys to the Christian faith and the "rules" that define a Christian, then I am content to continue with no label except that I call myself a "believer"..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Ditto.
Same here ...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I am not trying to cause trouble but trying to prove my point that those who try to blur the line of Christianity are not following scripture by hiding behind the "I don't judge who is a Christian that's God's job"

I mean where do you draw the line or you have no line where you believe anything you want and you are a Christian? almost forgot my smiley face
See post #7 for Jesus definition of what constitutes a "Christian". All these man made rules we try to attach to what makes a Christian is a whole heck of a lot different than what Jesus says one is. I draw the line with Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity