Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

It seems the thread has already diverged off topic. I wanted to narrow in on this specific concept of justice... how can justice be achieved if the punishment never ends? By definition, justice is not fully accomplished until both the offender has paid the last penny and the victim is compensated and reconciled. If the punishment of the offender never ends, then justice is never fully accomplished!

Think about it please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 12:42 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You are obviously missing the point. Your analogy comparing God to a courtroom judge fails tragically.

Its about forgiveness Fundy. Forgiveness and grace. No one gets off easy. But God has already forgiven ALL of us for what we have done. He's already forgiven Hitler for his horrific crimes. Do you know that?
Tragically......LOL

Like my nana says, Lord forgive them for not what they know

GO TO CHURCH!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You really need to go to church and get a right understanding of scripture. Find a good teacher.
Why, because I showed that an infinite God can dole out a finite punishment? Because I refuted what you posted? Since you can not address the post, you move on to the poster?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Why, because I showed that an infinite God can dole out a finite punishment? Because I refuted what you posted? Since you can not address the post, you move on to the poster?
because your understanding of scripture is out there. Find a good teacher.

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Your understanding

The judge has a dispicable person infront of him who has committed every horrible crime that you can imagine as you sit in the court room hearing what this horrible person did to your loved one. You hear the judge say, "Sir you are the worst individual to come into my midst in my career as a judge, you have committed crimes which I can't even repeat and you have shown no remorse absolutely nothing even with your victim's families in this court room. You make my blood crawl so because I am a fair, just and loving judge I am going to let you go"
A man, judge or not, does not have the power to change another mans heart. God does ...

Gods mercy is not allowing the man to continue in the state of mind and heart he is in. Gods mercy is in changing the mans mind and heart, and his justice is satisfied by as much. You see death is mercy, because when we die our corruptible carnal nature dies with us, and then at the resurrection we will be raised spiritual and incorruptible.

God has subjected the dcreation to vanity(death) against their will, so that he might have mercy on all.

Quote:
Tragically......LOL

Like my nana says, Lord forgive them for not what they know

GO TO CHURCH!!!!!!!
Fundy, do you know if I go to church or not?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy, do you know if I go to church or not?
I would know if you have placed yourself under a good teacher.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I would know if you have placed yourself under a good teacher.
LOL ok if you think so.

To get back on topic:

Forgive them for they know not what they do indeed.

Why don't you think this applies to certain people?

Does God not forgive some people?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
I apologize in my last post to you. I shouldn't have said that but I don't know why you would use that story as some kind of parallel to God's judgment is beyond me

Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Your understanding

The judge has a dispicable person infront of him who has committed every horrible crime that you can imagine as you sit in the court room hearing what this horrible person did to your loved one. You hear the judge say, "Sir you are the worst individual to come into my midst in my career as a judge, you have committed crimes which I can't even repeat and you have shown no remorse absolutely nothing even with your victim's families in this court room. You make my blood crawl so because I am a fair, just and loving judge I am going to let you go"
No woner the world hates christianity for all the wrong reasons.

He didn't let them go

2 Corinthians 5 verse 21

21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity