Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 02:49 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Ironic that you would use the word regurgitating... pretty much explains it all since the Word is our Spiritual food. notice the word undigested or partially digested...
Ok, very bad choice of words. But what was in my mind was the meaning "to repeat back the same thing with minor rearrangements."

Web Definition #3: "repeat after memorization; "For the exam, you must be able to regurgitate the information"

There was not one iota of the thought "vomit" in my mind when I posted that or I would not have used that word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Aschultz: I asked the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

May I ask you a yes or no question?

Were you a repentant, born again, washed in the blood, Spirit filled, baptized into the death of Jesus Christ, raised into newness of life, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, holy and without blame before Him in love, overcoming Child of God when you were a universalist?
To which you replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
An interesting question and I believe the answer to be Yes.
But then someone pointed out in your OP that you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
What I list below sums up my life before Christ
and then went on to list all the erroneous beliefs you had as a universalist quote "BEFORE CHRIST".

So now we have a major dilemma. How can one be a "repentant, born again, washed in the blood, Spirit filled, baptized into the death of Jesus Christ, raised into newness of life, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, holy and without blame before Him in love, overcoming Child of God" "BEFORE CHRIST"???

Please explain this.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Aschultz: I asked the following:

To which you replied:

But then someone pointed out in your OP that you said this:

and then went on to list all the erroneous beliefs you had as a universalist quote "BEFORE CHRIST".

So now we have a major dilemma. How can one be a "repentant, born again, washed in the blood, Spirit filled, baptized into the death of Jesus Christ, raised into newness of life, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, holy and without blame before Him in love, overcoming Child of God" "BEFORE CHRIST"???

Please explain this.
Well I am not Aschultz, and do know he will answer for himself, but I do see.....

That there is no dilemma, yet maybe for universalist it is...... one can understand why one sees it as dilemma when one holds to the false teaching of universalism just as Aschultz did at one time whom truly believed he was a......
"repentant, born again, washed in the blood, Spirit filled, baptized into the death of Jesus Christ, raised into newness of life, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, holy and without blame before Him in love, overcoming Child of God"

Which all the time he was not and that which he believed in his heart to be true, described above about himself.....yet, he did not abide in the word, he denied the word through the teaching of universalism.
John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

Universalism walk in the unbelief of what the Scripture teach of those who reject Christ and deny there is no eternal consequences for sin....eternal damnation.

And the Scripture tells us it is dangerous for one to trust in their own thoughts, ways of his own heart....
Jeremiah 17:9
“ The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Hallelujah....Until the glory of the true Christ came in power against the lie and show him that which he was walking and believing in had deceived him in believing he was all those things.......

John 8:36
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Sin of unbelief is so deceitful that our own hearts can be blinded and deceived by it...and not even realize it at the time! Until we believe the whole counsel of God's word, not just what we want, but all of the Word of God !!

NOW, he has been delivered, set free from the lie and abides in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, freed from the bondage of universalism and abides in the love of Christ. Praise the Lord !!
And this is what he has been trying to witness before all who hold to the false teachings.....Amen !!!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Well I am not Aschultz, and do know he will answer for himself, but I do see.....

That there is no dilemma, yet maybe for universalist it is...... one can understand why one sees it as dilemma when one holds to the false teaching of universalism just as Aschultz did at one time whom truly believed he was a......
"repentant, born again, washed in the blood, Spirit filled, baptized into the death of Jesus Christ, raised into newness of life, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, holy and without blame before Him in love, overcoming Child of God"
Thanks for trying to help but I didn't ask if he believed (back then) that he was one - I asked if he was one. So he still needs to explain the "yes" answer, right?

All you did was infer that the CUs here are not all those things - which is an absurd assumption IMO.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Latte Chic

When Jesus was talking aboiut keeping his word he certainly was not referring to believing in the bible nor doctrine of the church.
He was referring to blessing them that curse us , doing good to them spitefully use us and so on .

Luke 7

24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.â€
28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

The house that was built on sand Jesus was talking about probably looked no different to the one built on the rock , the difference obviously was the foundation . It was built on relationship rather than a belief system , and the storms of life will always expose the foundation.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I am not going to go round and round and round that same old mountain any longer. That is NOT what the Bible teaches. You are blind, have misquoted scripture and are teaching a false teaching. You will be responsible for causing others to stumble. Jesus has things to say about what you are doing.

Bottom line obedience is a choice and God DOES NOT save everyone.
Phil: 3:10-21 READ THE BRIGHT GREEN HIGHLIGHTED SCRIPTURE!!! Hellllooooo, is anybody home??? Do you really think that there is eternal misery in heaven...Nope I don't think so. It is a choice...not everyone will be saved.

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

11That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
12Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
13I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
14I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
15So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.
16Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.
17Brethren, together follow my example and observe those who live after the pattern we have set for you.
18For there are many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, who walk (live) as enemies of the cross of Christ (the Anointed One).
19They are doomed and their [d]fate is eternal misery (perdition); their god is their stomach (their appetites, their sensuality) and they glory in their shame, [e]siding with earthly things and being of their party.
20But we are citizens of the state (commonwealth, homeland) which is in heaven, and from it also we [f]earnestly and patiently await [the coming of] the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [as] Savior, 21Who will [g]transform and fashion anew the body of our humiliation to conform to and be like the body of His glory and majesty, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself.
Those brackets and added words confuses what is being stated and misleads the reader to what it means...i checked it with scripture and they don't line up exactly...I recommend the E-Sword here: http://www.e-sword.net/...it (broken link) has multiple downloadable versions of the Bible along with commentaries and Biblical dictionaries and Greek versions of the Bible and foreign language versions and even the first English translations and the English with Strong's numbered system along with Strong's Concordance...I believe it would really help with your studies...God Bless

Old 01-23-2010, 06:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You don't believe that Jesus can save the destroyed? That is why He came - to save the lost (apollymi - same word as destroyed).
All Jesus was saying is that He did not allow any that God had given Him to be lost or destroyed except for Judas because He was created for the purpose that the scriptures may be fullfilled...Pharoah was created for destruction not Salvation...There are those that are fitted for destruction...

Old 01-23-2010, 06:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Thanks for trying to help but I didn't ask if he believed (back then) that he was one - I asked if he was one. So he still needs to explain the "yes" answer, right?

All you did was infer that the CUs here are not all those things - which is an absurd assumption IMO.
IMO....Of course you would think it is absurd.....that is what denial does, keeps one is blinded to the truth !!

Anyway.....
what you have asked doesn't make any sense, "he believed (back then) that he was one - I asked if he was one" well if he believed he was, then his heart thought he was one...
whether he was one or not !!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Can i say the only truth of any worth is the reality of God in our lives . You can know the scriptures inside out but if the truth Jesus referred to such as blessing them that curse you and doing good to them that spitefully use you , your truth is worth nothing.

John 4
23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

The truth Jesus was referring to here was the reality of him in our lives not bible beliefs or doctrines.

This is the biggest mistake of the church system that it thinks truth is a belief or doctrine.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
IMO....Of course you would think it is absurd.....that is what denial does, keeps one is blinded to the truth !!

Anyway.....
what you have asked doesn't make any sense, "he believed (back then) that he was one - I asked if he was one" well if he believed he was, then his heart thought he was one...
whether he was one or not !!
I think if you read again carefully or wake up a little more my question will make perfect sense.

I didn't ask him if he THOUGHT he was those things back then, I asked him if he WAS those things when he was a universalist.

He did not say "back then I believed I was" he answered "I believe (present tense) the answer is yes"

get it now?

Last edited by firstborn888; 01-23-2010 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity