U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,587 posts, read 3,509,189 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why am i having a hard time ?. The hard time i am having is that you believe that a mind and heart at emnity with God can somehow conjure up repentence .


There is on thing i know for certain and that is God was working in my life way before i believed , i wasn't aware of it at the time because i was wall to wall carnal man , that could not understand the things of God .So to suggest i found within myself repentence, when i didn't know what repentence is, is a lie of the highest order. It's God that causes the increase .
I don't understand English that is fine by me , there is one thing i know by the anointing that abides in me that salvation is of God period , and the anointing that abides in me would never move me to confess that i had the ability to repent from an unregenerated position. My God is in All that he maybe All in All.
Yet once again you avoid my question and this is the eighth time. If you truely believe what you say then answer my question.

Do you think that everyone will repent before they die? It is either yes or no.

Don't make it harder than it is. I hope you are not the type of person that debates and demands questions from people and yet refuse to answer any asked of you.


Also do you think that a person could refuse to repent at anytime? Please answer both of my questions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,587 posts, read 3,509,189 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You state what you think you see in scripture, how you interpret it or how others around you who's interpretation you subscribe to interpret it. And you interpret it according to what is in your heart. It is in your heart that you think you chose God. It is in your heart to think you made the decision outside of any compulsion to believe in and serve Christ.

The fact is a satanist reads the bible and interprets it a certain way. His interpretation would differ from any Christian, but he would still have his own interpretation. The bible in as much as it is divinely inspired is also written in such a way as to cause anyone who reads it to see what they want to see. If you have hate and pride in your heart, you will find reasons to believe that hate and pride are of God. If you have love and humility, that is what you sill find in the bible. The scriptures are oracles, and provide a mirror image of your hearts intent. So that even an evil person would find justification for their actions ... The thing we should try and do is to look within our hearts and discover why it is we believe the way we do.

Do you glory in anything concerning your own salvation? Do you take the credit for making a choice which others have neglected, therefore thinking yourself worthy of salvation where others are not because of such a personal choice? Is it you who wills to be saved, or is it God who will you to be saved? Did you Chose God or did God Choose you. Did you develop your own faith, or is faith a gift in and of itself? Hoe you answer these questions will in turn indicate what you believe concerning the gospel altogether. Are you proud, or are you humble ...
I read the bible an see what it says. Unlike most here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 4,146,408 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Romans 2:4-5 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

The consideration of the goodness of God, his common goodness to all (the goodness of his providence, of his patience, and of his offers), should be effectual to bring us all to repentance; and the reason why so many continue in impenitency is because they do not know and consider this.

Hos 2:14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

Hos 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.

Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Eccl 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Not knowing, that is, not considering, not knowing practically and with application, that the goodness of God leadeth thee, the design of it is to lead thee, to repentance.

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering: Paul points out that the moralist himself is presuming upon the goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering of God, which all should have brought the moralist into a humble repentance instead of an attitude of superiority.

Goodness may be considered God’s kindness to us in regard to our past sin. He has been good to us because He has not judged us yet though we deserve it

Forbearance may be considered God’s kindness to us in regard to our present sin. This very day - indeed, this very hour - we have fallen short of His glory, yet He holds back His judgment against us.

Longsuffering may be considered God’s kindness to us in regard to our future sin. He knows that we will sin tomorrow and the next day, yet He holds back His judgment against us.

He leads us to repentance. What He desires is our submission to Him, not forced submission, but willful submission. He wants our hearts.
As I understand it ... God is the one who gives us a heart which is submissive to him. He takes our hearts of stone and our carnal minds which are in bondage to sin and changes them. He gives us a heart of flesh and and a mind liberated from sin and invested in Christ ... God eventually works within us and conforms our minds, which were once carnal and at enmity with God, to the mind of Christ ... By giving us the faith to believe and the desire to do his will(Eze 11:19,Rom 12:3,Eph 2:8,Phl 2:13,Phl 2:13).

We must be born again before we enter into the kingdom of Heaven, which in the household of faith, not after. We do not give rebirth to ourselves. We do not choose to be born again, we do not have the power of understanding before we are born again to make such a choice. Yet God works within us, renewing our hearts and minds and our spirit so that we can discern and understand the things of the spirit of God. Only then can we and do we turn and repent. All the glory and all the work is God within us, and not us without God. Had God not worked within us to begin with we never would have repented and believed. God doesn't force us, he knows what it takes to change us. Just as the alchemist seeks to change lead into Gold, a base thing into something divine, so does God change us from mortal, corruptible and carnal beings, into immortal, incorruptible and spiritual beings. We are the clay, and he is the vessel maker. He forms one vessel unto Honor and the other unto dishonor out of the same lump. There is no difference between you and every unbeliever in bondage to sin other than the work which God is presently doing in your life. To believe otherwise is to think too highly of yourself and not highly enough of God. Not to mention how it effects the way you think of others who do not believe the way that you do, which ends up being that you must believe they are not as worthy as you because they didn't make the same choices you did.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-26-2010 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,495,233 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
As I understand it ... God is the one who gives us a heart which is submissive to him. He takes our hearts of stone and our carnal minds which are in bondage to sin and changes them. He gives us a heart of flesh and and a mind liberated from sin and invested in Christ ... God eventually works within us and conforms our minds, which were once carnal and at enmity with God, to the mind of Christ ... By giving us the faith to believe and the desire to do his will(Eze 11:19,Rom 12:3,Eph 2:8,Phl 2:13,Phl 2:13).

We must be born again before we enter into the kingdom of Heaven, which in the household of faith, not after. We do not give rebirth to ourselves. We do not choose to be born again, we do not have the power of understanding before we are born again to make such a choice. But God works within us, renewing our hearts and minds and our spirit so that we can discern and understand the things of the spirit of God. Only then can we and do we turn and repent. All the glory and all the work is God within us, and not us without God. Had God not worked within us to begin with we never would have repented and believed. God doesn't force us, he knows what it takes to change us. Just as the alchemist seeks to change lead into Gold, a base thing into something divine, so does God change us from mortal, corruptible and carnal beings, into immortal, incorruptible and spiritual beings. We are the clay, and he is the vessel maker. He forms one vessel unto Honor and the other unto dishonor out of the same lump. The is no difference between you and every unbeliever in bondage to sin other than the work which God is presently doing in your life. To believe otherwise is to think to highly of yourself and not highly enough of God. Not to mention how it effect the way you think of others who do not believe the way that you do.
You are truly deluded.. this is NOT biblical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,214 posts, read 3,120,720 times
Reputation: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We must be born again before we enter into the kingdom of Heaven, which in the household of faith, not after.
I can agree with this, but this very statement you have made, completely negates your belief in Universal, post mortem, reconciliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 4,146,408 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I can agree with this, but this very statement you have made, completely negates your belief in Universal, post mortem, reconciliation.

No it doesn't ... At least not according to my understanding. You make this assumption because you believe that someone can only be born again before they die a physical death. I do not believe that to be true, nor do i know of any scriptures that say as much. I believe it to be a false assumption to begin with based on the traditional and orthodox teachings of the champions of the doctrine of eternal torment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 03:05 AM
 
Location: RI
18,894 posts, read 8,663,827 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yet once again you avoid my question and this is the eighth time. If you truely believe what you say then answer my question.

Do you think that everyone will repent before they die? It is either yes or no.

Don't make it harder than it is. I hope you are not the type of person that debates and demands questions from people and yet refuse to answer any asked of you.

Also do you think that a person could refuse to repent at anytime? Please answer both of my questions!!
First of all this again is something you are terribly guilty of and i have answerd your questioned already there is "hope beyond the grave". this point has beeb exhaustedly debated on here and with you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 AM
 
Location: RI
18,894 posts, read 8,663,827 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I read the bible an see what it says. Unlike most here.
This statement of yours sounds like te same spirit that said this boastful statement
33They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants" and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

Your blind faith in the letter is killing you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
 
Location: RI
18,894 posts, read 8,663,827 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I read the bible an see what it says. Unlike most here.
Example of you Miss Shawn not answering a question .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Little Elm, TX
6,934 posts, read 6,936,872 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
As I understand it ... God is the one who gives us a heart which is submissive to him. He takes our hearts of stone and our carnal minds which are in bondage to sin and changes them. He gives us a heart of flesh and and a mind liberated from sin and invested in Christ ... God eventually works within us and conforms our minds, which were once carnal and at enmity with God, to the mind of Christ ... By giving us the faith to believe and the desire to do his will(Eze 11:19,Rom 12:3,Eph 2:8,Phl 2:13,Phl 2:13).

We must be born again before we enter into the kingdom of Heaven, which in the household of faith, not after. We do not give rebirth to ourselves. We do not choose to be born again, we do not have the power of understanding before we are born again to make such a choice. Yet God works within us, renewing our hearts and minds and our spirit so that we can discern and understand the things of the spirit of God. Only then can we and do we turn and repent. All the glory and all the work is God within us, and not us without God. Had God not worked within us to begin with we never would have repented and believed. God doesn't force us, he knows what it takes to change us. Just as the alchemist seeks to change lead into Gold, a base thing into something divine, so does God change us from mortal, corruptible and carnal beings, into immortal, incorruptible and spiritual beings. We are the clay, and he is the vessel maker. He forms one vessel unto Honor and the other unto dishonor out of the same lump. There is no difference between you and every unbeliever in bondage to sin other than the work which God is presently doing in your life. To believe otherwise is to think too highly of yourself and not highly enough of God. Not to mention how it effects the way you think of others who do not believe the way that you do, which ends up being that you must believe they are not as worthy as you because they didn't make the same choices you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
You are truly deluded.. this is NOT biblical.
Raelyn, what about Ironmaw's post do you find unbiblical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top