Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Well, of course there is going to be a lot of sorrow. Especially when you think only a few will avoid eternal damnation no matter what anyone does or doesn't do. Must be a rough thing for a person of conscience to endure.
Wonder what ETers believe God is supposed to get out of tormenting the wicked for the rest of eternity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Wonder what ETers believe God is supposed to get out of tormenting the wicked for the rest of eternity?
Hmm, is God sad because so many will suffer for eternity, or is God glad because so-called justice has been fulfilled?

Or maybe God is glad that so many will suffer for eternity... Hm, I've heard both stories here.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Hmm, is God sad because so many will suffer for eternity, or is God glad because so-called justice has been fulfilled?

Or maybe God is glad that so many will suffer for eternity... Hm, I've heard both stories here.
Once again playing the mind games of guilt that false teachers try to bring people into submission of their false teaching and their own guilt..... instead of accepting the TRUTH of God's word they go beyond the teaching of Jesus Christ !!! Trying to reason with their own logic the fear of their voluntary sin of unbelief!!
They are so afraid of God's justice of sin they try escaping it through false teaching....

Old 02-01-2010, 07:12 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Once again playing the mind games of guilt that false teachers try to bring people into submission of their false teaching and their own guilt..... instead of accepting the TRUTH of God's word they go beyond the teaching of Jesus Christ !!! Trying to reason with their own logic the fear of their voluntary sin of unbelief!!
They are so afraid of God's justice of sin they try escaping it through false teaching....
Why don't you answer the question Latte'Chic instead of playing your own games?

Is God happy about all the sinners going to hell forever? Or Is God going to be unhappy forever?

You know what Latte'Chic, just think about it. Try to answer it for yourself. You don't even have to post your answer here if you don't want to.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:18 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Why don't you answer the question Latte'Chic instead of playing your own games?

Is God happy about all the sinners going to hell forever? Or Is God going to be unhappy forever?

You know what Latte'Chic, just think about it. Try to answer it for yourself. You don't even have to post your answer here if you don't want to.
Not playing games.....just pointing out that the post is projecting false guilt .... by the questions asked, just like your doing right now !!!

You already know the answer to that, legoman....yet you deny it !!
I don't have to answer it for you or play your emotional mind games!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Loving Justice?

Old 02-01-2010, 02:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Not playing games.....just pointing out that the post is projecting false guilt .... by the questions asked, just like your doing right now !!!

You already know the answer to that, legoman....yet you deny it !!
I don't have to answer it for you or play your emotional mind games!
Well, what is the answer? I certainly don't know what you guys think about this question. Some say they won't remember them and God won't either (which is impossible since God would have to be actively sustaining their lives in order for them to exist).

Why do you think the answer would be obvious?

I certainly would be begging God everyday for some relief for a lost loved one - so much so that He may just decide to stick me down there with 'em so I'll get out of His face.

It would be helpful to know what ET believers think they and God will be doing while billions are eternally not okay. Why accuse the asker for projecting guilt instead of answering the question?

Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
God is not a loser, and nothing will triumph over His love. We've got to be kidding ourselves if this is not true.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 PM

696 posts, read 915,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Well, of course there is going to be a lot of sorrow. Especially when you think only a few will avoid eternal damnation no matter what anyone does or doesn't do. Must be a rough thing for a person of conscience to endure.
It is not what I think. You see I keep getting insults....

You dont know love.
You dissect to much.
You have alot to learn.

Did you read the trace of where I took Universal Salvation. I took it back before even Origen and freely stopped at Aristotle. I could dig back even furthur unto Plato and Socrates.

Is it not logically concluded that it is not of Jewish nature? Is it logically concluded that it was not of Christ.

If the original concept was based in Paganism thru Greek Philosophy which is not of Jewish origin then what is it truly if not Pagan in thought? This is the root of the error.

You make reference to Eternal Damnation. What am I talking about? I am tracing the roots of Universal belief to their true origin which is not of the Bible. If I was refering to even Eternal Damnation then perhaps I might start a thread on say it or perhaps Annihilationism.

This is what amazes me. There is clear cut fact that your belief of Universalism is not as solid as it sounds. Even many Christians dont understand of what I am giving you, but you still want to reference Eternal Damnation.

It is a disconnect. Dont focus on just my sorrow. Focus on tracing the root I have just given you. Some want to claim things are dissected to much. Perhaps you might be one who could see what I am giving you? Print this out take it to your "fundemantal" friend who helped you when your down. See what he thinks. Please consider it, its right there for all to grasp.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
Quote:

Or maybe God is glad that so many will suffer for eternity.
Quote:
These questions are purely carnal in nature, and have no bearing on how God think or acts. These questions are exactly the reason why we have this false doctrine such as Universalism. It is man once again, putting himself in the place of God, and trying to decipher what He thinks.

Here is a lesson:

Don't think about it. Just accept His word. Be humble, worship Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity