Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:11 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I got a better one, how about a woman born deaf and blind with little to no communication structure like Helen Keller and when Annie Sullivan broke through her isolation and started giving her the gospel. Helen Keller responded "I know He exist, I just never knew His name".
Awesome fact fundie, thanks.

Here's what happened a bit later:
Quote:
While quite young she was converted to the mystic New Church doctrines of Emanuel Swedenborg. The object of his doctrine was to make Christianity a living reality on earth through divine love, a theology that fitted Miss Keller's sense of social mission.
Helen Keller, 87, Dies

Deaf and blind yet seeing more than most Christians.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
It's a debatable subject but it's personally easier for me to believe they (infants who are aborted or die for whateverr reason) do go to heaven.
I believe their "rewards" will be substancially less due to not establishing works. As infants they are certainly born with a sinful nature (as all of
us have been born into) ,but they haven't literally sinned nor have they reached the age of reason albeit accountability, whereby they need to repent and be baptized. Some religions believe in infant baptism seen necessary around 250 AD,but that's why they are religions and
clinging to pagan ritual eliminating the need to repent and having other adult sinners as some sort of sponsor (please stop). Anyway, the Pharisees brought infants to Jesus so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it; they rebucked them. Jesus said wait andcalled to them unto Him and said " Suffer the children to come unto meand forbid them not for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." I believe this sentiment throughout Jesus' ministry gives strong implication that children are sent to heaven and even bypass judgement (we will face) as there isn't anything to judge.
Amen....I agree !!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
who said the boy is not saved? and even if the boy wasn't God is justified. Your questions are loaded.
Amen....aren't they always !!! That is part of the game of what deception is about....

Old 01-22-2010, 04:26 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I don't do those things because I believe in consequences for choices...
If you will deeply reconsider this line of thinking you should be able to see the shallowness of it.

Yes, on a VERY elementary base nature/animalistic way - this manner of controlling yourself through fear of bad consequences works. It even works on dogs (mine knows if he comes inside the door of the house he will be shouted at and, if need be, kicked out - so he resists the urge to come in).

Yet in rebirth these fear motivations are absolutely unnecessary as a new nature is imparted that WANTS to love others as God does and acts from this imparted virtue. ALL ELSE IS SIN. "Acting right" simply to save one's own rear end is a sign of... well... you can figure it out.

God is love. Love works no ill to his neighbor. If you are of God you will work no ill to your neighbor out of DESIRE, not to avoid punishment.

Really folks - I hear this a lot from Christians and it's dang scary. Maybe I should reconsider trying to show Christians about universal reconciliation because (from what many have stated) they will be murdering, stealing, raping (and fundie once said he would hit the strip clubs right away) if there was no eternal hell.

Dang scary indeed.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:52 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Quote:
Your questions are loaded.
Amen....aren't they always !!! That is part of the game of what deception is about....
A question that shines light on the darkness is loaded? Some people don't want to be exposed in the light and wish to remain in the darkness...

Old 01-22-2010, 07:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,819 times
Quote:
do aborted babies go to heaven? do they even have a soul?
I don't believe that unborn children have a soul, but only God knows what will happen to them.

Ecclesiastes 6:3-6 says

If a man beget a hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his soul be not filled with good, and moreover he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he: for it cometh in vanity, and departeth in darkness, and the name thereof is covered with darkness; moreover it hath not seen the sun nor known it; this hath rest rather than the other: yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, and yet enjoy no good, do not all go to one place?

Quote:
Yes aborted babies go to heaven and yes they have a soul.
this makes me wonder, you always say you won't go beyond what is written, where is written that unborn children have a soul? - where is written that anybody goes to heaven when they die?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I don't believe that unborn children have a soul, but only God knows what will happen to them.

Ecclesiastes 6:3-6 says

If a man beget a hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his soul be not filled with good, and moreover he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he: for it cometh in vanity, and departeth in darkness, and the name thereof is covered with darkness; moreover it hath not seen the sun nor known it; this hath rest rather than the other: yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, and yet enjoy no good, do not all go to one place?

this makes me wonder, you always say you won't go beyond what is written, where is written that unborn children have a soul? - where is written that anybody goes to heaven when they die?
If they move in the womb they are a living soul. You abort that living soul then you are a murderer the death will be account to you. Look at the creation of man, God breathed the living soul in Adam. Before that he was a non living hunk of clay.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,819 times
Quote:
God breathed the living soul in Adam. Before that he was a non living hunk of clay.
this is the reason why I believe unborn childs have no soul, they do not breath on their own - or is this wrong? But I see, it's foolish to claim a unborn child has no soul, but it begins to be a living soul as soon as it leaves the womb, nobody can answer it, the bible is silent on this issue.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Traducianism & Creationism. My belief

Old 01-22-2010, 11:40 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
If that is your belief then consider this: If you ever come upon a small child who is drowning, your extended had could become a wellspring of eternal agony. After all - if the child lives to adulthood the odds are hell. "Few there be who find it".

Just had to bump this...

Old 01-22-2010, 11:48 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
this is the reason why I believe unborn childs have no soul, they do not breath on their own - or is this wrong? But I see, it's foolish to claim a unborn child has no soul, but it begins to be a living soul as soon as it leaves the womb, nobody can answer it, the bible is silent on this issue.
They do breath on there own in the womb, breathing and moving is proof they are living souls if they were not living souls there would be no movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity