Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
The salt of the Bible is 1st Corinthians 15:35-58.
and John 3:16 shows the way through the crucible of the fleshy one.
The Cross is the door (way/metanoia-greek aka Metempsychosis/Transpersonal Transcendance).
I don't really understand what you are talking about Ocean Drifter. Did you agree or disagree with my post?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Maybe Legoman has done something atrocious in his life that made him feel condemned so in turning to UR the feeling of condemnation disappeard...It tickled his ears and now he is trying to push it on others in order to be in a group that believe the same thing so they can convince each other of the lie and make it Truth to them...Maybe his conscience is seared...
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is very plausible , maybe not in this instance but that could be why UR is appealing
Quote:
I can beat Legoman into submission and make him say uncle even though it is not what he wants to do...how much more can God do to fallen man?...
Oh the hypocrisy and arrogance is rich here...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sciotamicks, its not even worth addressing your arugments until you address your own inconsistencies in them. You go through all the trouble to somehow prove that 1 Tim 2:4 is not saying God wants to save all men, then you say above that God desires all men to be saved? Which is it? You speak in nonsense contradictions. Same thing with your Calv/Arminian switch. One minute you say God is in charge of salvation, the next you claim its up to man's free will. It can't be both.

And I never said we were robots. You haven't been paying attention again. I said we are clay, which is what scripture says we are.
In a sense we are pre-programmed to respond or reject...it is in our DNA...Built-in by God...it is like a program code that defines what we will respond to and how we will respond to it...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The verses you have posted have nothing to do with eternal hell. Yet you seem to think they do... perhaps you are lacking understanding?

Do you really think your understanding of "eternal torment" is true, even though it contradicts all the verses I have presented in this thread so far?

I see your playing the "Satan" card again. Eeesh. You know what's really satanic? Saying that our loving creator will allow or purpose most of His creation to be tortured forever. I'm sorry you can't see that. Satan has really pulled the wool over your eyes.
He's slinging it around back at you Mike, what are you going to do?...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
For those like Mike who think we have a free will to accept or reject Christ, you need to address the scriptures I posted in this thread that clearly say:

God is the one who draws people to Christ. No one can come to Christ until God draws them.
God is the one who grants and leads people to repent. People will not repent until God grants them to.
God desires and wills to save all people. God always achieves His desires. God has declared all will swear allegiance to Him.

Free will denies the above scriptural truths.

Scripture tells us we are clay, and clay can do nothing on its own. The potter will mold the clay as He sees fit. Does the clay tell the potter what to do? No.
I do believe in the Total Sovreignty of God and that no one comes to Christ unless regenerated by the Holy Spirit of God...However, i do not believe that God is going to save all those who reject Christ and the Gospel in this life...there is no second chance...

Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Oh the hypocrisy and arrogance is rich here...
Are you sure of that?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM

186 posts, read 190,556 times
Quote:
I don't really understand what you are talking about Ocean Drifter. Did you agree or disagree with my post?
For the most part yes, I think the controversy arises when "God will indeed save all from the sin of this world when all is said and done."

God can not nor will He, imho, save "ALL", though all equally have the same opportunity for salvation, some just blow this off, having too much 'fun' being bad to be good. Not unlike Constantine who continued on in his own fashion, killing his wife and his son I believe, after having 'received the vision' to place a Red Cross on the shields of his men and that would lead him to victory in battle, in that one he one, but ultimately I believe he lost his own soul.

We have to be very clear and cognizant of hoew others may interpret what is being offered.
By the time the ship arrives at the other shore, the cargo has spoiled.
To prevent his from happening, It must be 'contained' (put into words) properly.
Ignorance is always 'looking for a place' to happen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFVFIg9exOk

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 02-15-2010 at 09:29 AM..

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM

186 posts, read 190,556 times
Quote:The salt of the Bible is 1st Corinthians 15:35-58.
The Cross is the door (way/metanoia-greek aka Metempsychosis/Transpersonal Transcendance).

Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter
The salt of the Bible is 1st Corinthians 15:35-58.

I don't really understand what you are talking about Ocean Drifter.

You have 'The Book', you can 'Google the others' friend.

We really should define the playing field, and agree on those definitions.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:51 AM

370 posts, read 452,267 times
Quote:
I do believe in the Total Sovreignty of God and that no one comes to Christ unless regenerated by the Holy Spirit of God...However, i do not believe that God is going to save all those who reject Christ and the Gospel in this life...there is no second chance...
With the total sovereignty of God, there was no first chance.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM

370 posts, read 452,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
For the most part yes, I think the controversy arises when "God will indeed save all from the sin of this world when all is said and done."

God can not nor will He, imho, save "ALL", though all equally have the same opportunity for salvation, some just blow this off, having too much 'fun' being bad to be good.
Um... what? Your God is pretty pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity