Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 03:08 PM

186 posts, read 190,602 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Eckhart Tolle Findhorn Retreat owl.postle.net

Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,571 times
Quote:
Is there?
If our perception is our reality, perhaps we should learn to broaden our horizons, as Jesus Christ/St. Issa did.
Ocean Drifter

My reality is that without Jesus' righteousness, that being God's righteousness, given to me as a gift, I could expand my horizons all I want and still not come to the standard of righteousness God demanded.

Lest God saves, there remains no hope for mankind!

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-17-2010, 03:27 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,571 times
Ocean drifter, I rely on the bible for truths. There are allot of people out there with all sorts of philosophical theories of this and that.

I don't look at any utube personalities for my confirmation of my beliefs, save the bible.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
Are you aware that the guy Jesus heals in the next chapter says the same thing?

Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”
Some said, “This is he.” Others said, “He is like him.”
He said, “Ego eimi.

That statement implies absolutely nothing! I AM THAT I AM in the old testament happens to have a completely different meaning to top it off.
Now your catching on, I Am No 'Thing' (That) I AM

Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Ocean drifter, I rely on the bible for truths. There are allot of people out there with all sorts of philosophical theories of this and that.

I don't look at any utube personalities for my confirmation of my beliefs, save the bible.

Blessings, AJ
There are esoteric truths in all the great religions and all sacred scriptures.
The translation by Constantines Turtulian, that of one god and one Emporer has been adultered, altered from its original text to reflect the power of Rome through the church, from the early Essene's (gnostics) since the Romans, the unorthodox, procalimed it a violation of Rome to possess any other translation of scripture for penalty of death, thereby effective eliminating anyone cognizant of the fact that they (the R.C. Priesthood) were the kettle calling the skillet black (the real heretics), and with the Roman Catholic Church having its own harem, of children from captured countries, which they adopted the religions of to control the people, made available to those who supported , the church and its dogma with their tithings which were mandatory or one wasn't permitted to enter the church, those captured children sex slaves of the church and clergy.
Where do you think the money from Romes decline wound up? Still covering up the atrocities wreaked on the innocent and those outside the know to this very day. Don't you read the paper, or do you just sweep it all under the carpet in your All knowing Unbiased Cognizance/Conscience, like one of them?

Look..., To each their own.
Search out the truth, go back to upanishads and the vedas, those havent been prostitued for mans greed and arrogance. There is where you will find the unaduterated truth. The bible has been tampered with and everyone knows it. Events and times were rewritten to give credence to Roman Cathlocisms 'new brand' of Christianity. Wake-up man.
Before it was death to christians afterward it was death if your were not a christian, isn't that a clue? Hello!?

If you are a true scholar you have read and digested the Black Sea Scrolls and more recently the Nag Hamadi Scrolls.
Hidden for the posterity of mankind from the Romans 'Orthodoxy'. Lol

Why do you think the Library at Alexandia was set ablaze? Accident?
No! It contained the wisdom of the ages! At that point in time.
The rest is his-story. Usually writen by the victors to reveal themselves as the good-guys. B.S.
In india the truth has been preserved, passed down orally for generations, recently made available, in its original content and context, unadultered, unallyed, for the "Liberation", not the mental imprisonment, sectarian fundamentalism of mankind.
Thats the true scourge of the Earth imho, the main problem with societies today. They don;t recognise the truth when they ecnounter it, they have been brainwashed by their parents and whatever faith they were, for generations, even centuries. Its engrained, this falseness, in their psyches by conditioning and enculturation very few can break free from. When one can see the unity in it all, one has 'awakened'. A Rare state for modern man these days with materiality being what it is. Who would want to give this up, for the salvation of their soul, regardless of what they profess? Lol

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 02-17-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Contempt/Condemnation prior to investigation is the Height of Ignorance. ~Albert Einstein

Old 02-17-2010, 08:36 PM

370 posts, read 452,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
Now your catching on, I Am No 'Thing' (That) I AM
Sorry dude, you're just making less and less sense.

Don't worry about it though.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
Sorry dude, you're just making less and less sense.

Don't worry about it though.
I'm not going to dumb myself down so you can understand the concept of universal spirituality and progressive revelation.
You obviously have not studied comparative religions so you are by default norrow-minded and prejudice, nearsighted and to say the least intolerant and apathetic toward truth if it is outside your narrow parameters.
But that's ok "dude", as long as you love 'your God', we're on the same page, but with different destinations. It is not my job, nor is it my desire to educate 'you' to the fundamental truths of the Oneness and Unity of Spirituality, "religiosity", aka zealot fanaticism aside. Are you picketing or bombing churches that have different teachings yet, BIG RED CROSS on your shield, in the name of a GOD of your understanding, that seems to me to be your, mentaculture, as you address others on the same spiritual path?

We as human beings are more than a physical being looking for a spiritual experience.
We are an ancient and timeless spirit trying to have a beautiful human experience; UNIVERSALLY. The One in all. It is the higher of our common denominators, the one most worthy of cultivating and enculcating (being the living example of, as That -'no thing').

Namaste`: " The Spirit within me Recognises, Honors, and Greets the Spirit within you."

I bow to the Lord who abides within. Om Namah Shivaya:

Ocean Drifter

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 02-18-2010 at 06:33 AM..

Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

Blessings, AJ
Don't tell me you havent read Echardt Tolle?
He isn't a youtube personality.
What cave have you been hiding in?
Step into a breath of fresh air man.
Have you read or watched Plato's Allegory of The Cave"?
Can you make any sense of it?
(Read previous post to the flamer.)

Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
I'm not going to dumb myself down so you can understand the concept of universal spirituality and progressive revelation.
I remember thinking hopefully, as I listened to Tolle, that those who took his message to heart wouldn't be the type to be found on a message board sarcastically berating those who disagreed with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.