Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
The ONLY possible answer would be that God showed Himself physically to you and told you everything you know.
A feeling of uncertainty or doubt?

Quote:
Otherwise, you're in the same boat you accuse me and others of.
Look down, friend. Your boat has a hole in it.
When all else fails, go fishing?

There are two paths: One is to live as life unfolds; the other is to create the life you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 06:38 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
The Bible is clearly against the idea that all will be saved. The passages I brought up in- - Matthew 12:31-32, Mark 3:28-29, and Matthew 26:24 clearly show that not all will be saved. Matthew 26:24 plainly teaches not only that Judas would not be saved but also that he faced a horrific fate.

The Bible is clear on the subject. The real question is whether we are willing to submit to it or will harden our hearts against the truth.. . .As I've pointed out in other threads, this amounts to idolatry. Yes, God is love. Yes, love is one of the divine attributes, and I'm glad for it. Yet God has revealed so much more about himself in the Bible than merely love. To cling to his love while ignoring his holiness, justice and wrath is to reject the revelation of himself and to fashion a god that suits your own understanding and liking.
I know that you don't respond to dialogue on this board and seem to want only to promote your book (and I'm not judging you on that since you've made it obvious), but I urge you to repent of your rejection of the truth.
excellent post.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
God wishes that all would come to repentance, but if we play around and believe Satan when he turns the Word of God into a lie, we are risking eternal damnation.
You do not know what manner of spirit you are of; For the Son of Man did not come to destroy the lives of men, but to save them.
The lie is that God only loves and saves those who love him in return. An extremely strong delusion, as many have wandered from the truth.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him!

1Timothy 2:4
…who desires (wills, wants) all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

"It’s an active, ongoing result of a previous action by and through the Faithfulness of Christ Jesus."

Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Did God give us a brain for nothing?? Why does the Bible tell us that God is Love? Why do we read in 1 Cor. 13 that Love is greater than faith and hope? Is it perhaps because even those who have faith are nothing without Love?

Love would be useless, if God were to cast men into hell for eternity. It would actually be ridiculous to even suggest that God is Love, if His plan were to torment His creatures eternally. That has nothing to do with Love, and I'm amazed that preachers and Christians today still think that Love can be equated with tormenting someone eternally.

When a person tortures someone for hours, we are appalled. So why should it be a "good" thing that God would torture men for eternity???

If God gave us a brain, let's us it.

Blessings of His grace,
brian

Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Did God give us a brain for nothing?? Why does the Bible tell us that God is Love? Why do we read in 1 Cor. 13 that Love is greater than faith and hope? Is it perhaps because even those who have faith are nothing without Love?
Love would be useless, if God were to cast men into hell for eternity. It would actually be ridiculous to even suggest that God is Love, if His plan were to torment His creatures eternally. That has nothing to do with Love, and I'm amazed that preachers and Christians today still think that Love can be equated with tormenting someone eternally.
When a person tortures someone for hours, we are appalled. So why should it be a "good" thing that God would torture men for eternity???
If God gave us a brain, let's us it.
Blessings of His grace,
brian
Amen, brian!! Unfortunately, under the current mainstream church doctrine . . . thinking and knowledge are definitely banned as "wisdom of man" and retaining blind adherence to the ancient ignorance of our ancestors is revered as a sign of Faith in God,

Old 06-09-2013, 02:49 PM

99 posts, read 107,697 times
In all this i see know difinition of the unforgiveable sin. The unforgiveable sin is making the devil lord and becoming his child,thus receiving his seed born again of his seed. God cant do anything about it because u made a choice out of the freedom of your own will to make him lord and seed is seed.That is why it is the unforgiveable sin,along with eternal damnation.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:52 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Then you are calling the scriptures, God's Word, "absurd" and your beef is with Him. I have given scripture after scripture to support every statement I've made. Where's your evidence of the non-existence of hell or eternal damnation?
Beware - They limit God to their own ideas and preferences. God is unable to be worshiped if He acts outside of their boundaries.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Beware - They limit God to their own ideas and preferences. God is unable to be worshiped if He acts outside of their boundaries.
You mean like God's cannot convince a man to belief. You need to be persuaded that God the Great Persuader is not limited to by the boundaries of the will of man.

This bunch should have known better in the first place being citizens of the commonwealth of Israel. If he can do this for Israel don't you think he could do it for the Gentiles too ?. I AM inquired of by them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. Isaiah 65:1

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. Zechariah 12:10

Last edited by pcamps; 06-09-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Beware - They limit God to their own ideas and preferences.
God is unable to be worshiped if He acts outside of their boundaries.
Sounds much like the teachings of Orthodox Fundamentalism.

1) They limit God to their own ideologies and preferences of condemnation.
2) God is unable to be worshiped, if he acts outside of their comprehension.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sounds much like the teachings of Orthodox Fundamentalism.

1) They limit God to their own ideologies and preferences of condemnation.
2) God is unable to be worshiped, if he acts outside of their comprehension.
Unlike your statement - I have gotten 3 people to admit they would not worship God under certain conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity