Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The potential for justification does not become the reality of justification until the moment of faith in Christ.

It can not be made any clearer...
The scriptures teach that salvation is of Jehovah. Jehovah alone. Other than Jehovah, there is nothing to declare, save or proclaim. Christ did not die for a potential salvation. He died to save. That is why Jesus is called Saviour:

Luk 2:10 And the messenger said to them, `Fear not, for lo, I bring you good news of great joy, that shall be to all the people--
Luk 2:11 because there was born to you to-day a Saviour--who is Christ the Lord--in the city of David,

This saviour is Jehovah:

Jon 2:9 And I--with a voice of thanksgiving--I sacrifice to Thee, That which I have vowed I complete, Salvation is of Jehovah.

And nothing saves but Jehovah.

Isa 43:11 I--I am Jehovah, And besides Me there is no saviour.
Isa 43:12 I--I declared, and saved, and proclaimed, And there is no stranger with you, And ye are My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And I am God.

Faith is not what declares, proclaims or justifies us before God. Only God can declare, only God can justify and only God can proclaim it so. Jehovah alone saves. This Jehovah is Jesus, who died on the cross for the sinner, for the ungodly and for the impious. It is this Jesus who does save and said: It is finished.

Was your faith sent to the cross to die for you? No! Was your faith resurrected for you? No! Was it your faith that was proclaimed to have died and was resurrected on the third day according to the scriptures? No! Was it your faith that declared you justified before God? No!

Now then. Is it your testimony here today and before the angels of God, that Jehovah God did not declare, did not save and did not proclaim in the Gospel that His Christ did die for the sinner and was raised for that sinners justification? Is this your testimony here today, and made public to the world?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 01-25-2010 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The scriptures teach that salvation is of Jehovah. Jehovah alone. Other than Jehovah, there is nothing to declare, save or proclaim. Christ did not die for a potential salvation. He died to save. That is why Jesus is called Saviour:

Luk 2:10 And the messenger said to them, `Fear not, for lo, I bring you good news of great joy, that shall be to all the people--
Luk 2:11 because there was born to you to-day a Saviour--who is Christ the Lord--in the city of David,

This saviour is Jehovah:

Jon 2:9 And I--with a voice of thanksgiving--I sacrifice to Thee, That which I have vowed I complete, Salvation is of Jehovah.

Isa 43:12 I--I declared, and saved, and proclaimed, And there is no stranger with you, And ye are My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And I am God.

Faith is not what declares, proclaims or justifies us before God. Only God can declare, only God can justify and only God can proclaim it so. Jehovah alone saves. This Jehovah is Jesus, who died on the cross for the sinner, for the ungodly and for the impious. It is this Jesus who does save and said: It is finished.

Was your faith sent to the cross to die for you? No! Was your faith resurrected for you? No! Was it your faith that was proclaimed to have died and was resurrected on the third day according to the scriptures? No! Was it your faith that declared you justified before God? No!

Now then. Is it your testimony here today and before the angels of God, that Jehovah God did not declare, did not save and did not proclaim in the Gospel that His Christ did die for the sinner and was raised for that sinners justification? Is this your testimony here today, and made public to the world?
Giving and receiving... You are mis-understanding... Mike is NOT saying that Salvation was invented by man...Of course Salvation comes from Christ and He alone gets the Glory. It was God's idea to send a Savior to save the World. But not everyone received or recieves the Savior... You have to accept the gift to be saved and truly every man has that capacity within him to accept salvation by faith... He has the capacity just like a house has the electrical installed. But the lights do not work unless we turn on the switch... Same goes for recieving the gift of Salvation...we need to turn on the switch of faith in order to receive salvation...Is anyone home in the house tonight...or better yet are the lights on???

Thankyou

Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Giving and receiving... You are mis-understanding... Mike is NOT saying that Salvation was invented by man...Of course Salvation comes from Christ and He alone gets the Glory. It was God's idea to send a Savior to save the World. But not everyone received or recieves the Savior... You have to accept the gift to be saved and truly every man has that capacity within him to accept salvation by faith... He has the capacity just like a house has the electrical installed. But the lights do not work unless we turn on the switch... Same goes for recieving the gift of Salvation...we need to turn on the switch of faith in order to receive salvation...Is anyone home in the house tonight...or better yet are the lights on???

Thankyou
Is it your testimony too that in Christ's death and resurrection you were not justified by God?

LOL...Do you have a house with any lights in it? And secondly, if you do have a house with lights, don't you have to to be able to see where the switch is to turn the lights on?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 01-25-2010 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: Added content

Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Quote:
Is it your testimony too that in Christ's death and resurrection you were not justified by God?

LOL...Do you have a house with any lights in it?
Yes I have the capacity for justification because Christ made that possible for ALL of mankind. Just like the electrician wired the house for light.

But I am a sinner that needs to repent and receive Christ by faith or by chose to be saved..

Just like the owners of the house need to plug in lights and turn on the switch to activate all that the electrician provided...

Yes I do have the lights on, as a matter of fact all of them because I have chosen to turn them on.

The same goes for my justification...I believed by faith that Christ died for my sins... therefore I am justified and in right standing before God. Christ is the propitiation for my sins as He is for the whole world. But much of the world remains in darkness...

He who has ears to hear let him hear the Spirit of the Lord... Glory to God!!!

thankyou very much.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Yes I have the capacity for justification because Christ made that possible for ALL of mankind. Just like the electrician wired the house for light.

But I am a sinner that needs to repent and receive Christ by faith or by chose to be saved..

Just like the owners of the house need to plug in lights and turn on the switch to activate all that the electrician provided...

Yes I do have the lights on, as a matter of fact all of them because I have chosen to turn them on.

The same goes for my justification...I believed by faith that Christ died for my sins... therefore I am justified and in right standing before God. Christ is the propitiation for my sins as He is for the whole world. But much of the world remains in darkness...

He who has ears to hear let him hear the Spirit of the Lord... Glory to God!!!

thankyou very much.
If you believe it is your faith that God sees and therefore (on that basis) pronounces you justified, you really don't believe the Gospel message being proclaimed to the sinner. That's what I've been stating here for quite some time...

Faith is a gift from God that brings with it the reckoning of righteousness to our account. However, it does not justify us before God. Only Christ can justify us before God. Christ alone. Those that believe that it is Christ alone are reckoned to righteousness. Those who do not, are not reckoned so. This is what the scriptures proclaim.

If you had said "Christ died for my sins, therefore I am justified" and actually believed this, then yes, you are reckoned with God's righteousness by faith.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 01-25-2010 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: Added content

Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:

This saviour is Jehovah:

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.'

John 3:36 'He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe in Me you shall die in your sins.

There is no merit in faith. The merit is in the object of your faith. The object of your faith in salvation is Jesus Christ. Unless a person believes in Christ for salvation, he remains under condemnation. The work of Christ on the Cross is applied only to those who believe in Him. Salvation is conditional on faith in Christ.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Is it your testimony before God, that the death of His Son accomplished (by itself) nothing for the ungodly? Is that your public testimony before us today?

Rom 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,

Is it your testimony to God and before Christ who did die on the cross for the sinner, that God's declaration is a lie?
See posts #99 and 106.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:

This saviour is Jehovah:

See posts #99 and 106.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
If you believe it is your faith that God sees and therefore (on that basis) pronounces you justified, you really don't believe the Gospel message being proclaimed to the sinner. That's what I've been stating here for quite some time...

Faith is a gift from God that brings with it the reckoning of righteousness to our account. However, it does not justify us before God. Only Christ can justify us before God. Christ alone. Those that believe that it is Christ alone are reckoned to righteousness. Those who do not, are not reckoned so. This is what the scriptures proclaim.

If you had said "Christ died for my sins, therefore I am justified" and actually believed this, then yes, you are reckoned with God's righteousness by faith.
Faith is not from God. The Gospel is from God. The faith is the responsibility of the hearer of the Gospel. It is salvation that comes from God contingent upon faith directed toward Christ who has the merit in salvation.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Salvation is conditional on faith in Christ.
Salvation is conditional on Christ alone. Not our faith. Nowhere is our faith mentioned in the eternal order of God's decree. What is required is the following:

Rom 8:30 and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

God predestined whom he calls:

Eph 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace,

To call whom he predestined, the sinner:

Luk 5:32 "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

To justify the sinner, whom he called:

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

And finally, to glorify the sinner, whom he justified:

Rom 8:30 and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity