Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Question regarding modern Isreal
All actions by Israel is correct and support it unconditionally 0 0%
I support most of Israel actions, but know it makes mistakes 5 41.67%
I moderately support Isreal 4 33.33%
dont care about Israel or not interested 0 0%
I dont support Isreal and zionism is wrong 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM

257 posts, read 443,942 times

Advertisements

First we should love all people in all nations. We should not even ask the question, does Israel or any other nation have the right to exist.

All sorts of false doctrines have come about in these last days. Some have erred in their understanding of Romans where Paul warns the Church not to get a bitter attitude toward the unbelieving Jews. Paul points out certain truths which must be understood. He was preaching a doctrine of Israels continued ability to be saved. He was not saying there would be a period of gentile dominance, followed by a grand and glorious future for the wordly country of Israel. But that has been read into the understanding of some, thus they say when the Church is "raptured" away, then it will be Israels time again. That doctrine is foolish.

But when Israel was reconstructed as a country in 1948, it was by the hand of GOD. But let's don't read into this what is not there. Those people like all people must come to CHRIST for Salvation. Paul was not saying that everyone in Israel would be saved. But he was saying that everyone in Israel could be saved, just as he preached that all gentiles could be saved. GOD had concluded all in sin, so that he could have mercy upon all. But the scriptures reveal that not all will be saved from among the Jews or gentiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 PM

187 posts, read 314,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The scriptures declare that Israel will exist forever.
So true...The Israel of God is eternal. Galatians 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

Oh...And the Israel of God...Is not those that are in Israel today...That is unless they are "In Christ."

Now...Maybe you can address what I said in my post.

There are NO post Babylonian captivity promises of restoration in the Bible. All of the promises of restoration in the Old Testament are referring to the restoration that took place in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah.

And there are NO promises of a post-Ezra/Nehemiah restoration in unbelief. Again...This is an idea imported into the text by modern day prophecy pundits to save face and explain what is happening in Israel today.

Please...Try and prove me wrong.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:33 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
So true...The Israel of God is eternal. Galatians 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

Oh...And the Israel of God...Is not those that are in Israel today...That is unless they are "In Christ."

Now...Maybe you can address what I said in my post.

There are NO post Babylonian captivity promises of restoration in the Bible. All of the promises of restoration in the Old Testament are referring to the restoration that took place in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah.

And there are NO promises of a post-Ezra/Nehemiah restoration in unbelief. Again...This is an idea imported into the text by modern day prophecy pundits to save face and explain what is happening in Israel today.

Please...Try and prove me wrong.
First, any Jew during the church age who believes in Christ is not considered by God to be a Jew. He is a part of the church which is a new creation (Gal. 3:28). Now during the age of Israel which includes the Tribulation which is yet to come, a Jew who believes in Christ is true Israel.

Now regarding your 'challenge', since I don't remember the passages that prophesize the current partial regathering of Israel in unbelief, I will direct you to where you can get the information. Here it is.

Israel Regathered : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

The series is called Israel Regathered. There are six audio lessions and are about six hours in total. The information you want is on the first and possibily the second tape. This is one of the pastors that I study doctrine under. Consider yourself proven wrong.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 PM

187 posts, read 314,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
First, any Jew during the church age who believes in Christ is not considered by God to be a Jew. He is a part of the church which is a new creation (Gal. 3:28). Now during the age of Israel which includes the Tribulation which is yet to come, a Jew who believes in Christ is true Israel.

Now regarding your 'challenge', since I don't remember the passages that prophesize the current partial regathering of Israel in unbelief, I will direct you to where you can get the information. Here it is.

Israel Regathered : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

The series is called Israel Regathered. There are six audio lessions and are about six hours in total. The information you want is on the first and possibily the second tape. This is one of the pastors that I study doctrine under. Consider yourself proven wrong.
The reason you don't remember is because there aren't any. And like I have now mentioned twice...This idea of being regathered in unbelief is something that is imported into the text to save face. I repeat...It is nowhere to be found in the scriptures.

Rather than point me in the direction of 6 long hours of audio...Take the time and look...Try and find a verse. You are the one that believes it...You are the one that needs to give a scriptural answer for why you believe what you do.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
The reason you don't remember is because there aren't any. And like I have now mentioned twice...This idea of being regathered in unbelief is something that is imported into the text to save face. I repeat...It is nowhere to be found in the scriptures.

Rather than point me in the direction of 6 long hours of audio...Take the time and look...Try and find a verse. You are the one that believes it...You are the one that needs to give a scriptural answer for why you believe what you do.
The information you say doesn't exist is on the first audio. If you want to be a hardhead and not even bother to listen to something that proves you wrong then don't. I don't care what you believe. If you're looking for a bebate, look elsewhere. If you want to actually learn something then listen to the audio. End of discussion.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:59 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Do you support Isreal? Is the support due to the your beliefs in Christianity?
Yes I support Israel because of my belief in what the Bible teaches us.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Do you support Isreal? Is the support due to the your beliefs in Christianity?
The Covenant is to Spiritual Israel - not the physical people that call themselves Israelites of Jewish faith. The JEWS of the New Covenant are those of the circumcision of the heart - not the flesh.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM

257 posts, read 443,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The Covenant is to Spiritual Israel - not the physical people that call themselves Israelites of Jewish faith. The JEWS of the New Covenant are those of the circumcision of the heart - not the flesh.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Amen!!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post

No.....it's with Israel. God never made a covenant with the Gentiles. The New Covenant is not made with the Church

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-24-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 07:14 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No.....it's with Israel
Sure it is - just not physical Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity