U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
 
187 posts, read 167,346 times
Reputation: 30
Default Regathering in unbelief???

Ok...Someone on this board suggested that modern day Israel being regathered in unbelief was fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. However they were not willing to provide any scriptures in support of that claim.

I've never found a verse in the Bible that says that Israel would be regathered at any point in time in unbelief.

Does anyone know of any verse in the Bible that says such? Or is this simply something that is read back into the scriptures to explain what is happening in modern day Israel?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,210,534 times
Reputation: 723
To be honest Israel could be invaded and run over tomorrow having their citizens scattered all over the world for another 1,000 years and still will be within bible prophecy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
 
187 posts, read 167,346 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
To be honest Israel could be invaded and run over tomorrow having their citizens scattered all over the world for another 1,000 years and still will be within bible prophecy.
All I'm asking for is a book, chapter and verse...It shouldn't be that hard to prove if it is true!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
 
12,232 posts, read 5,827,226 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Ok...Someone on this board suggested that modern day Israel being regathered in unbelief was fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. However they were not willing to provide any scriptures in support of that claim.

I've never found a verse in the Bible that says that Israel would be regathered at any point in time in unbelief.

Does anyone know of any verse in the Bible that says such? Or is this simply something that is read back into the scriptures to explain what is happening in modern day Israel?

Thanks
I am the somebody who gave this poster the website to 6 hours of audio classes on Israel Regathered. The prophecies pertaining to this issue are on the first lesson. I told the poster that I couldn't recall the passages involved and referred him to this link which I am posting here. He didn't want to be bothered. Which is strange considering that he had issued a challenge regarding a simple statement I had made on a different post. People are strange. Here is the link.


Listen to as much or as little as you wish and agree or disagree with it. Whatever. I will lose no sleep over it either way.


Israel Regathered : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,210,534 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
All I'm asking for is a book, chapter and verse...It shouldn't be that hard to prove if it is true!!!
You're kidding right. It is spread all over the bible from Ezra to Daniel. It is a systematic approach to the future of Israel for example when Jesus was on His way to be crucified Jesus gives a prophetic warning.

(Luke 23:26-31)

27And following Him was a large crowd of the people, and of women who were mourning and lamenting Him.
28But Jesus turning to them said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
29"For behold, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.'
30"Then they will begin TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, 'FALL ON US,' AND TO THE HILLS, 'COVER US.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
 
187 posts, read 167,346 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You're kidding right. It is spread all over the bible from Ezra to Daniel. It is a systematic approach to the future of Israel for example when Jesus was on His way to be crucified Jesus gives a prophetic warning.

(Luke 23:26-31)

27And following Him was a large crowd of the people, and of women who were mourning and lamenting Him.
28But Jesus turning to them said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
29"For behold, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.'
30"Then they will begin TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, 'FALL ON US,' AND TO THE HILLS, 'COVER US.'
Soooooo...Still no verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Little Elm, TX
6,931 posts, read 6,733,903 times
Reputation: 4102
These here folks are preachin' it:

Kingdom Baptist Church - 700 Cordes Dr. Venus, TX 76084 (http://www.kingdombaptist.org/index.cfm?id=184 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,213 posts, read 3,028,499 times
Reputation: 400
Israel was already gathered...in 70 AD

First physical, then spritual.

Typology, it is what God teaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
 
187 posts, read 167,346 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
These here folks are preachin' it:

Kingdom Baptist Church - 700 Cordes Dr. Venus, TX 76084 (http://www.kingdombaptist.org/index.cfm?id=184 - broken link)
They may very well be "preachin it," however I'm asking people on this forum...Give me a verse?

And even if you can't give me a verse you should be able to give me an answer for why you believe what you do.

I'm not interested in being directed to 6 hours of audio explaining the view of Israel being gathered in unbelief. I've been there...Done that. I used to believe it.

Just saying something along the line of "I know it's in there...Or it can be found in the prophets" just isn't gonna do.

This idea of Israel being gathered in unbelief is not found in the Bible...It is read back into the text.

If I'm wrong then "Prove it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Little Elm, TX
6,931 posts, read 6,733,903 times
Reputation: 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
They may very well be "preachin it," however I'm asking people on this forum...Give me a verse?

And even if you can't give me a verse you should be able to give me an answer for why you believe what you do.

I'm not interested in being directed to 6 hours of audio explaining the view of Israel being gathered in unbelief. I've been there...Done that. I used to believe it.

Just saying something along the line of "I know it's in there...Or it can be found in the prophets" just isn't gonna do.

This idea of Israel being gathered in unbelief is not found in the Bible...It is read back into the text.

If I'm wrong then "Prove it."
I was just giving you a site where you could read more info on it. I personally don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top