Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Basically, who cares how old the earth is?
God does.
And the Bible never, ever, states that the earth is flat. "World" is the Hebrew word "tebel", "tebel" means "globe". The "bl" element of it means "to swell". Words like balloon, bulbous, and ball, etc, stem from the same root etymon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jonah came into existance after God's seven days of creation.
Biblically, Jonah came into his being in his pre-ordained season, but Jonah was created as seed in the loins of Adam, the first father, and was carried as seed by all the fathers down to his own, when he "came into his being" -to fruit- as multiplied seed of the Adam creation. Jonah was written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, as seed to come forth in his day, and bounded by his pre-appointed times. Biblically, the sons are in the loins of the fathers, as seed, and each seed has been called into being by the Creator to come forth in its time, which He set for it in his book, where all their members are written and even the hairs of their head are numbered.
That is what the Word of God teaches us.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes if you can't take Genesis literally then what can you and where do we draw the line on what is literal and what isn't. Did Jesus literally rise from the dead?
its so cute watching this person type their little posts
almost each post without fail is in some form of logical fallacy

Fallacy: Slippery Slope

LOL

Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Yes if you can't take Genesis literally then what can you and where do we draw the line on what is literal and what isn't. Did Jesus literally rise from the dead?
How many kids did Adam and Eve have?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
its so cute watching this person type their little posts
almost each post without fail is in some form of logical fallacy

Fallacy: Slippery Slope

LOL
You keep putting logical fallacy when you yourself don't even know the bible to arrive at the conclusion that it IS a logical fallacy

You can't answer these questions which leads me to believe you don't know scripture.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
How many kids did Adam and Eve have?
If Adam and Eve lived about 900 years then it is not impossible that they had over 500 children.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
It's the old earthers who don't fully understand the implications of their sincere yet misguided belief. You have no idea that Genesis ties into every doctrine in the bible. If Genesis goes so does the bible

If the planet is billions of years old then were animals here before Adam and Eve and if animals were did they die? if the animals died and blood, rotting decay was all over the earth then why would God call His creation good? and how could animals die before Adam and Eve if there was no sin in the world?

What you fail to understand if the creation is not what the bibles says, which is 6 days then it's only a matter of time that all of Genesis can't be taken literal including the flood and if Genesis becomes poetic to obsolete which by the way Genesis (1-11) ties in either directly or indirectly to every doctrine in the bible then the who bible falls apart, there is nothing to stand on God's word. You might as well use it as a paper weight.

OLD EARTHERS CAN'T ANSWER THESE SO THEY BYPASS IT ALL TOGETHER.
I can feel the hate rolling off your post.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I can feel the hate rolling off your post.
There is no hate in my post my friend. I have a zeal for truth and want Christians to fully understand, fully appreciate the implications of taking science over scripture. I love science but I am a Christian first and foremost. I mean old earthers don't believe God created the world in 6 days but they believe Jesus rose from the dead which goes directly against science? I don't get it. You can't believe that but you can believe this?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
I have a zeal for truth
~buzzer sound~

Quote:
I love science
~buzzer sound~

Old 01-26-2010, 10:04 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
also.. where does it say in the bible that 24 hours = a day?

Fundy I assume you know..

I mean I see John 11:9 but that clearly isn't the answer as it is specific to one location on earth at one particular time. Alaska has more than 12 hours of daylight depending on the time of year.

Is there a definitive in the bible as to how many hours make up one day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity