U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 PM

10,187 posts, read 10,555,957 times

Advertisements

So far I've found scriptures that identify three actions (or inactions) that will give Jesus the right to send a non-Christian or Christian to hell:

1) refusal to accept Jesus as your Way to the Father ("No one comes to the Father except by Me" John 14:6)

2) not feeding, clothing and comforting the poor and infirmed ("He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me'. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." Matthew 25:31-46)

3) not properly investing what God has given you (26"His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. 28" 'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. 29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

So for those of us who have been given much in faith, talent, ability, gifts and money by our Father and fail to properly utilize it, by Jesus' own words He will send the unprofitable servant into the fiery depths of hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,559,868 times
Get your popcorn ready.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:52 PM

823 posts, read 1,082,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Get your popcorn ready.
Is it show time yet again!

I am getting tired of the reruns LOL

Old 01-25-2010, 03:00 PM

30,230 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So far I've found scriptures that identify three actions (or inactions) that will give Jesus the right to send a non-Christian or Christian to hell:

1) refusal to accept Jesus as your Way to the Father ("No one comes to the Father except by Me" John 14:6)

2) not feeding, clothing and comforting the poor and infirmed ("He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me'. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." Matthew 25:31-46)

3) not properly investing what God has given you (26"His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. 28" 'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. 29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

So for those of us who have been given much in faith, talent, ability, gifts and money by our Father and fail to properly utilize it, by Jesus' own words He will send the unprofitable servant into the fiery depths of hell.
If you read any of tonytonytony's post you will find there are way more than 3 ways , them John 10 folk have a huge list of things and i mean huge list that will send you to hell

Last edited by pcamps; 01-25-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 03:11 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,045,424 times
Quote:
Get your popcorn ready.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 PM

7,866 posts, read 6,673,377 times
I am not going to make plan to go to hell with or without popcorn,,,,,,,,,,, there are other ways that could end up if that place :::::::: the mark of the beast on your forhead or you right hand,,,,,,,refusing to receive the Holy Spirit or gifts from him or learning what he is bringing you by Jesus word.......In your walk with Christ having no Fruit of the Spirit which is very hard not to have any fruit,,,,,,,To know Jesus Christ and his Spirit, then turn away and go back to the world and refuse Jesus and turn your back on him,,,,,Refusal to Know Jesus in the way of HIS Truth by Heavens understanding of their rightousness .... Having no faith in Jesus, but only religous understanding the rationalism of the logic of Law of the Word.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,102,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Excuse me, I'm sorry, Excuse me...is anyone sitting here!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:49 PM

987 posts, read 879,049 times
I can't believe how much they charge for popcorn and a soda...grumble,grumble, oh well, I'll just eat the m&m's I have in my purse.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,203,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

I.E. salvation is not a free gift according to people who believe this is all true.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 PM

10,187 posts, read 10,555,957 times
Quote:
Get your popcorn ready.
I take it this has been discussed before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or