Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I agree with you....there are many ways for us to give Glory to God.

But I have to confess....I am not the most laid back driver and I would never get away with a Jesus fish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:11 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
People who continue to deny God's word and it tells us there are those who are with out Christ that are lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, murderers, greed, covetousness, lying, stealing, back biters, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. (2 Tim. 3:2-5; Gal. 5:19-21; Rev.21:8)
That is reality.......
Sounds like TBN to me

Old 01-27-2010, 06:35 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Sounds like TBN to me
Have to agree with you on that one....

Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Hi.

Can we get back on topic please??

Still waiting for an answer.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:15 PM

136 posts, read 203,660 times
There is absolutely no love in eternal torment, if you have a child you will punish that child but with the expectations of him learning from his mistakes.
Why would God punish anyone just for the sake of punishment?
That would not be love, yet I know God is love he has proved it to me over and over, I am the better for it.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 PM

Yes, why else did our Father build into us, HIS children, the ABILITY to have our OWN children. The ability to understand just WHAT A Father is...???? think about it folks. The best love an earthly Father has for his child cannot even COMPARE to the love our heavenly Father has for us.

So many things our Father gave us to assist us in understanding His love for us. It's all around us. Gently whispering.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The absolute most disgusting, evil, horrendous, repugnant, demonic, sick, twisted idea in all of human history. ENDLESS TORTURE.
And people want to attribute this to God.
Who IS love.

I would like to know how this is NOT disgusting?
How is eternal torment NOT sick and twisted?

How? Explain this to me how you think that this is giving God glory?

Rom. 1:16-32
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

One can not try to reason in THEIR own thoughts that because GOD is love, He can not possibly be a GOD of Justices, which HE IS !! HE IS PURE and RIGHTEOUS....! And tells us....“ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.“ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

HE tells us all through HIS written word those who will not listen, reject, and walk in unbelief, continuing in their sin, rather then HIS TRUTH will receive the consequences, justice for their unbelieving, sinful hearts.

Gal. 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Rev. 20:15
And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

HE SPOKE it, it is WRITTEN, this is HIS TRUTH, and HE is a GOD that does NOT CHANGE.

Regardless of what we think or believe.....God does and will not change !! Man reap what he sows !!

GOD DOES NOT SEND PEOPLE TO ETERNAL HELL..... SIN CONDEMNS AND SENDS PEOPLE THERE...
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”(John 3:17-21)

There are those who are haters of God, who love their ways (themselves) more then they love God, so because although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man.
They did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,
Because there was no reason to be ashamed. Glad tidings, good news for all men. Jesus Christ is the SAVIOUR OF ALL MANKIND.
He will be ALL in ALL.

However, the false belief that God, our Father would build into His creation an eternal torture chamber for some or most of the beings He himself created is of course, the most SHAMEFUL thing a human being could POSSIBLY imagine. There is nothing MORE SHAMEFUL than the idea of an eternal torture chamber. Oh wait there IS something more shameful than that... the idea that it was GOD who created it.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Because there was no reason to be ashamed. Glad tidings, good news for all men. Jesus Christ is the SAVIOUR OF ALL MANKIND.
He will be ALL in ALL.

However, the false belief that God, our Father would build into His creation an eternal torture chamber for some or most of the beings He himself created is of course, the most SHAMEFUL thing a human being could POSSIBLY imagine. There is nothing MORE SHAMEFUL than the idea of an eternal torture chamber. Oh wait there IS something more shameful than that... the idea that it was GOD who created it.
Sorry you feel that way sparrow....but the word of God is His Truth, regardless if one thinks it is the most shameful thing there is....it is God that one contends with !! And finds such disdain !!

This is GOD'S written WORD.....and no man can change it !!!

John 3:17-21
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Rev. 20:15
And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Gal. 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Sparrow....Let us Pray together - you get my drift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity