Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful4ever View Post
I myself thought that I committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I was hearing a voice in my head to curse the Holy Spirit about three years ago. At first, I can't understand it, but as days go by, it became louder and louder in my head. I was very depressed one day, and I was alone in my room when I uttered the words " I hope the HOly Spirit did not exist." After that, I was very, very afraid. I kept it to myself, and I knew I am doomed to go to hell. I did'nt seek help from my family or from the church, because I was afraid they can't understand me. I became paranoid of dying. But I continued attending Sunday services with my family , hoping that God will reveal to me that He can still forgive me.

I was in that awful situation for more than 3 years. Last year, I attended a retreat in ou church, and GOd did a miracle. During the first day , I wrote in a small piece of paper and prayed that God would send someone to tell me that God still loves me. When the pastor laid his hands on me, I began to spoke in tongues. In the third day, a fellow churchmate who didn't know about my problem approached me and told me God's message for me- that HE never left me during those times, and that HE loves me very, very much. Thank God I was freed from that bondage!

Can you please help me then? for two fricken years i have been hearing a voice say Holy Spirit is Demonic. Satanic. Racist against Black People. Going to Kill me Ect. it has been driving me crazy.

i have tried to share this with people. some made of me some said i was schizophrenic which i am not. and some said i had ocd. which i dont.

i gave my life to christ 4 years ago and was on fire. but after these voices started all of that changed. every time i go for the Anointing oil they say they will leave me alone and not to put the Anointing Oil on me.

Then they now Blaspheme the Trinity saying the Trinity is Evil. it is very Depressing to have to deal with this. they Mostly Attack me at Night when i am trying to sleep

they even say they will leave me alone if i Renounce my faith

To Be Honest. i do believe i blasphemed the Holy Spirit. i never spoke nothing but im hearing Audible voices. i feel sooo alone and afraid to tell people because i dont know who can help me

i have even been shown visions of myself in hell burning

please reply to this and help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:30 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBear1983 View Post
Can you please help me then? for two fricken years i have been hearing a voice say Holy Spirit is Demonic. Satanic. Racist against Black People. Going to Kill me Ect. it has been driving me crazy.

i have tried to share this with people. some made of me some said i was schizophrenic which i am not. and some said i had ocd. which i dont.

i gave my life to christ 4 years ago and was on fire. but after these voices started all of that changed. every time i go for the Anointing oil they say they will leave me alone and not to put the Anointing Oil on me.

Then they now Blaspheme the Trinity saying the Trinity is Evil. it is very Depressing to have to deal with this. they Mostly Attack me at Night when i am trying to sleep

they even say they will leave me alone if i Renounce my faith

To Be Honest. i do believe i blasphemed the Holy Spirit. i never spoke nothing but im hearing Audible voices. i feel sooo alone and afraid to tell people because i dont know who can help me

i have even been shown visions of myself in hell burning

please reply to this and help me
You gave your life over to Yeshua?...This emptied you, however, what did you fill yourself with?...Did you put on the full armor of HaShem or did you rely on yourself?...What have you done in the past four years that may have opened a door to demonic activity?...We are to walk ny Faith not by sight...When Yeshua was tempted by HaSatan, how did He reply to him?...One should read the New Testament Letters with the Lens of the Old Testament in order to understand...Four years but makes a babe in Yeshua...Have you increased in the Knowledge of HaShem?..I do not mean just the NT, I mean the NT and the OT...What blasphemy of HaRuach HaKodesh is is attributing to HaSatan that which is clearly the work of HaShem...This in reference to what Yeshua did in casting out demons and what the Pharasees claim that He did it in the name of Beelzebub...Why are you asking others for help when you should be asking help from HaShem through the Name of Yeshua?...

Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Thankyou all so much for your understanding and well-thought out responses!

I see it as a sort of test from God, like with Job he sometimes uses the enemy to test us. I think I've come out of the experience stronger in my faith; before this my faith was always waivering, and although I hope it will not continue to waiver, there are still things which trouble me; the character of God, my own deficiencies, and issues with the infallability of scripture. This has helped me come to terms with the first, but I admit there are things like eternal torment and the idea of the 'elect' I haven't come to terms with.

I see what you mean, Bud. Although we can't be sure, blasphemy may relate to people who directly witness the Holy Spirit and still attribute anything done by the Spirit to the Devil. You see, I have a rather paranoid way of thinking sometimes. I think, just because you do something - even think something - really terrible, I think God simiply can't forgive it because it's so terrible. It's the same with sin in general. I sometimes find it hard God will forgive some of my sins, my lukewarmness, my doubts. I KNOW Christ has cleansed it all by his death, but as well all know sometimes what we know and what we feel we believe at the time doesn't match up! So I think, I can slip up enough so that God won't forgive me. I should focus more on trusting and relying on him. To be honest, my faith has never been very strong, and I actually QUITE FREQUENTLY have negative thoughts about God. Sometimes I also am not 100% sure he's hearing my prayers, or even 100% sure he exists (I've never doubted it, though, just fell into questioning at times).

When I read Isaiah, I come away with a sense of God's justice and his wrath towards sinners, but not so much of his overridiing love and mercy. Childishly I think or feel he is being mean, and this increases my negative fear towards him. He becomes like a strict school teacher who will punish any offense. And then verses like 'it is an awful thing to fall into the hands of the living God' and 'his wrath abides in him' chill me to the bone. Yes he is a God of love, but how terrible his wrath must be! I think of the part in Revelation where those being tormented curse God, and it makes me slightly nauseous. I can't imagine Jesus - the Lamb who died for our sins - would watch people burning in the lake of fire for eternity, but if you take Revelation literally - or as some interpret it - you must accept this to be true.

Like many with OCD, I have a tendency to think of the worst possible things and situations. I think 'there's a possibility I could commit the worst sin and fall into the worst fate imaginable' so these thoughts play and play on me. The Accuser accuses me, plants fears and doubts in my mind. I am guilty of not really taking the idea of the Devil seriously, but whoever or whatever he is I think there is definitely an Evil power opposing God.

Anyway, my OCD might trouble me in the future, but I will try to trust in God more to repel it.

Thanks all again, God Bless

John

ed: While I haven't been formally diagnosed with OCD, my psychiatrist (I've only seen him once) suspects I have a mild form of it. I've been suffering with general anxiety sinice I was aged 13.
Sometimes and I know it has been true of me, I study the word of God as would a student jamming/craming information for some test. The problem arises in this methord is that confusion can take over because our spiritual minds are not well developed enough to take in the vast panorama of truth that can seem to contradict and cause vexation of spirit. Get away from reading to much because as the Scriptures say, too much study is a vexation but rather do as it is written. "Be silent and know I am God." In that silence before Him in the secret place of the most High God, because you seek Him, He will bring peace and you will go back out into the world with peace, love and joy.

Jesus said, JN 5:39 "Search the Scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." It is Christ in the person of the Holy Spirit that we often times crowd out for want of too much knowlege all at once. Sit in silence without distraction often even without reading the word and let the Spirit minister peace. Get out often in the freah air and the beauty of creation and God will also minister to you there, without word and give you a sense of well being. Too many words, even Gods words used without a present need can crowd out the Spirit also. Just the name Jesus spoken under your breath will bring you relief of mind and spirit. Let study of the word be prefaced with prayer and silence before the Lord always first and then let your study of the written word be paced, not cramed.

You have a life time to learn Scripture but in the meantime "Let no one deceive you about how simple it is to worship God." and "He can do above all that we can ask or think." No need to understand perfectly before God can help. Blessings to you and keep your study and your thoughts on all that is good.

Last edited by garya123; 01-26-2013 at 07:53 AM..

Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Anyway, for awhile now I have been suffering from anxiety, partly caused by obsessive religion thoughts...
John, I think you should ruminate on just this ^^^ for a while...

Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM

281 posts, read 306,146 times
This is the blasephemy of the Holy Spirit in a nutshell, perhaps over simplified, but it is what it is: unbelief.

For the Jews of the day, is was unbelief: they did not believe that Jesus was the Christ and was sent (came from) the Father, but from Satan. They did not believe that the miracles he performed were of the Holy Spirit, but from Satan, a fallen spirit. Today the unforgivable sin is still unbelief: unbelief in the Son, that he was sent from the Father as the Spirit testifies. If this is the 'blasphemy' that you committed, and I don't believe it is, then you did commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But your concern about it tells me that you do not do this.

Every sin can be forgiven by the Son, but ultimately the only sin that can't be forgiven is unbelief.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Every preacher I've heard touch on the subject of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit taught that once you did it, God would give you over to your sinful desires and the Holy Spirit would no longer convict you. If you are still feeling any kind of spiritual conviction, that is proof you haven't committed the unpardonable sin.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched.elect View Post
This is the blasephemy of the Holy Spirit in a nutshell, perhaps over simplified, but it is what it is: unbelief.

For the Jews of the day, is was unbelief: they did not believe that Jesus was the Christ and was sent (came from) the Father, but from Satan. They did not believe that the miracles he performed were of the Holy Spirit, but from Satan, a fallen spirit. Today the unforgivable sin is still unbelief: unbelief in the Son, that he was sent from the Father as the Spirit testifies. If this is the 'blasphemy' that you committed, and I don't believe it is, then you did commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But your concern about it tells me that you do not do this.

Every sin can be forgiven by the Son, but ultimately the only sin that can't be forgiven is unbelief.
That is wrong...

Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 14,256 times
Id like to say for the Messianics in the room...numbers chapter 15 about willful defiant sin and hebrews 10:28-31
Tie into what blaspheming the Holy spirit is.
Please read those.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM

Notice hebrews 10 says "and insulted the Spirit of grace" but read the context. How it all ties in to numbers 15 which says he who defiantly sins reviles/blasphemes Yehovah.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM

And we know that in the hebrew mindset of the writers of the Bible, belief means trust and obey. And Yeshua(jesus) is the Word/commandments/torah made flesh according to John 1. So yes, hebrews ten and numbers 15 illustrate that willful defiant sin is unbelief(not trusting or obeying) and it is also insulting the Spirit of Grace. This all ties into Hebrews 6 as well when it talks about open shame which hebrews 10 also states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity