Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM

14,647 posts, read 16,997,548 times

Advertisements

Hell cannot be an eternal state if Jesus is to fill all things and if all are to be reunited in the Lord Jesus Christ. God bless and peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM

18,189 posts, read 16,752,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It has nothing at all to do with mistranslations. Theologians who are quite well versed in the original languages understand that the Bible states quite clearly that the unbeliever will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

And no, the Bible has not been corrupted making the original message lost. God has preserved His word dispite the errors and variations in the manuscript copies. None of which alters any point of doctrine in the Scriptures even though individual verses may be affected. No doctrine is built on any single verse.

The simple fact is that you refuse to accept what the Scriptures plainly state.
Well, then why can I find over 100 well-credentialed, degree-laden, esteemed-by-their-colleagues theologians who say eternal torment is an invention. But I realize this always boils down to a case of he-said, she-said so I won't belabor the point. I personally believe that since all three views are on display quite prominently in the Bible, God will use a combination of all three: a second chance (UR) for some after death for those who, in God's eyes, deserve a second chance; annihilation for those who God refuses to grant clemency, but is merciful enough to wipe out because their transgressions are not deserving of eternal torment; and eternal torment or the outer darkness for the most wicked who God knows would never repent know matter how many times they were offered mercy, the latter assuming that ET does turn out to be valid.

I will say that God sent Jesus to save mankind; that was His specific mission. If God has to ultimately send over 90% of humanity who He claims to love so much to eternal torment, then Jesus has failed miserably in His mission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity