U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM

4,052 posts, read 2,122,000 times
Question For those who believe in hell...

Can you give your description of what it is?

Please no preaching or big long posts or "counter
UR agruments, or how or why someone would end up there etc. etc."... just your thoughts on what exactly is this place called hell that you believe in. What is this "eternal torment" consisting of?

And also PLEASE NO debating or counter arguments, etc.

Just a thread for those who DO believe in hell to give their thoughts on what exactly it is.

There is no hidden agenda here... just want a thread to refer back to so I can try to understand some of the folks here a little better when discussing with them.

Again... please you guys, no debating. Please just keep this simple and let people express their views and let it be. If you want to debate their views please start another thread if you will.

Thanks guys...
sparrow
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 04:47 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,493,477 times
Hell is a temporary place where the devil, demon, fallen angles, and lost people from the Lord God go after they pass away...... Other names are called the abyss or bottomless pit were a multitude of dark spirits are in chains there...... When an believer prays an excorsist prayer and binds up dark spirits and caste them down, the angel of the blood of Jesus Christ binds the dark spirits hands and legs and transport these spirit to the gates of the abyss and caste them down to this pit.....When people sin or curse or build sin in the earth demons or devils are released to the earth. eg. In the 1960s sin was built up and many changes away from the Lord God came it was a time of open sex, drugs, , protesting and rebelling, burn the bra, etc... This gate of the abyss is a Mammoth Giant Rock roofed building ,; like the building in the old cartoon the Flintstone homes of Fred Flintstone ;; from a visions the Lord God gave me last year;;;;;;; This pit will be locked up after the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the devil can not get out for a very long time. ;; Revelation 20 :1-2 It is not known were the the spirits of Animals are, but the Lord God has said that he has a plan for these, they Lord plan is always the good plan who gives good gifts...... The Lord God is a Rightous God and he does not have any purpose for lost people who have passed, so these people had better get in the program or parish

Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 AM

10,164 posts, read 4,682,027 times
Hell is being married to a nagging, unthankful, abusive wife.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM

507 posts, read 417,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Can you give your description of what it is?
Please read here!

The Truth About Hell

Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Please read here!

The Truth About Hell
Is this what you personally believe?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 PM

507 posts, read 417,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Is this what you personally believe?
Yep, it is my personally believe, we have no other choice, except we stop to commit sin and begin to follow the Bible teaching.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Yep, it is my personally believe, we have no other choice, except we stop to commit sin and begin to follow the Bible teaching.
Ok, thank you for participating.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:13 PM

136 posts, read 108,920 times
I believe the earth is hell, not so bad from a loving God.
We experience this life to perfect us.
Have you ever wondered why some live 80 or more years and others die at a young age?
I believe those that live long lives is taking longer to become perfected.
If this being the case we will will die and get out of hell, not many want to leave.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM

1,143 posts, read 897,841 times
when I was afraid everlasting damnation might exist, I thought it might so that the ghosts of men will find no peace but wander around restless everlastingly, or that man will be imprisoned in their own mind to all eternity, as if they were buried alone alive and immortal - able to think but not able to move any part of the body.

later when I almost become Muslim and almost accepted the idea that there might be a fiery everlasting hell, dschahannam, a name also derived from the valley of Hinnom, Gehenna. I believed the mind of the damned would be destroyed for they would soon get insane and the original personality perish so that god would merely torment dead souls to eternity, the damned though being conscious would be without real personality and de facto annihilated yet in torment, I know a disgusting view.

Now where I believe in the bible, I consider hell to be merely the grave, sheol the realm of the dead souls where sinner and saint go alike and rest until the ressurection.

I do indeed believe in a great and fearful day of vengeance, at least for violent criminals, I think such judgment consists of shame and remorse, they will realize the evil they have done and this will cause great mental torment so that they repent and may be reconciled with God and the men they harmed.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 PM

696 posts, read 495,065 times
Hell is where I dont want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity