Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you believe you can open your own eyes , or are you of the same persuasion of the pharisee and scribe who thought they not blind ?.

Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.” John 9 verses 22 and 23.

If only christians would recognize this if only God can open our natural eyes , how much more do we need him to open our eyes to see and put our trust in Him. At least the man born blind recognized this.
No and that is is not what I said. I said scripture has tons of verses that shows man's choices plays in part with salvation. Am I just to ignore those verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No and that is is not what I said. I said scripture has tons of verses that shows man's choices plays in part with salvation. Am I just to ignore those verses?
He does that alot. You say one thing, he turns around and say you said or mean something else. You say we have a choice, he says you said or believe you can open your own eyes. If you haven't seen the pattern of this already, I'm sure you will. Warning, keep track of everything that you say, because he will say you said something else, or state you believe something else, when you said nothing of the sort.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
He does that alot. You say one thing, he turns around and say you said or mean something else.
Not worth responding to

Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well you are saying that , i cannot possibly read it any other way if you believe man who sits in darkness can make a choice on spiritual matters when he is blind to spiritual things.

What part of this you Miss Shawn do not understand ?

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Well you are saying that , i cannot possibly read it any other way if you believe man who sits in darkness can make a choice on spiritual matters when he is blind to spiritual things.
Well then you are saying that is what the bible says as well because I am only stating what the bible says.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-11-2010 at 08:43 AM..

Old 02-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Not worth responding to
Wow, you say not worth responding to, but yet you respond to my post. It's not good to contradict yourself. It's ok pcamps, but you do that a lot. The person may say one thing and you respond and say what the person never said. This is due to not understanding what the person is saying, or not comprehending what they are saying. Either way, this seems to be a problem you have, that I address with you on several occasions when you said I said this or believed that, but yet couldn't provide the post of me saying anything of the sort. It's always good to be on your toes.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:

What part of this you Miss Shawn do not understand ?

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
I understand very well, I was responding to him, not your question.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Wow, you say not worth responding to, but yet you respond to my post. It's not good to contradict yourself. It's ok pcamps, but you do that a lot. The person may say one thing and you respond and say what the person never said. This is due to not understanding what the person is saying, or not comprehending what they are saying. Either way, this seems to be a problem you have, that I address with you on several occasions when you said I said this or believed that, but yet couldn't provide the post of me saying anything of the sort. It's always good to be on your toes.
You really do think more highly of yourself than you ought . You say you believe in faith alone but your posts say otherwise and you yourself refuse to answer question while at the same time demanding them of others.Other posters have mentioned how you seem to say one thing and then another , either we are coincidentally wrong or you really are saying one thing then another, go figure

I feel that i have answered all your questions which at best are often confusing .

There is nothing i could receive from someone such as yourself who is so evangelical about eternal torment

Final answer
Finally i can say hand on heart that

Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times
Quote:
According to God's Word, the words can very well mean what I have shown.
I already agreed that aionion can not mean "temporary" or "limited duration" or "age with an end" or any similar phrase when applied to God or things eternal. The issue is whether aionion can be applied to things that are temporary. Do you deny that the aionion is applied to things that are temporary?

Quote:
God's mercy is aionion. Show me in scripture where where it says a persons punishment is until they turn to Christ.
1. It is stated throughout scripture that God's mercy is aionion. Do you believe God's mercy is everlasting or is God's mercy temporary?
2. The law states that the wicked can repent even when all the curse of the law is upon him, and if he seeks God will all his heart then God will have mercy on Him. Deut 30. That law is aionion. Deu 29:29

Old 02-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
You really do think more highly of yourself than you ought . You say you believe in faith alone but your posts say otherwise and you yourself refuse to answer question while at the same time demanding them of others.Other posters have mentioned how you seem to say one thing and then another , either we are coincidentally wrong or you really are saying one thing then another, go figure

I feel that i have answered all your questions which at best are often confusing .

There is nothing i could receive from someone such as yourself who is so evangelical about eternal torment

Final answer
Finally i can say hand on heart that
Here is a perfect example. I don't think highly of myself, everything that I believe, I provide the scriputure. When I provide something, I don't say I, but yet you always say what I believe, or what I say with little to no proof from my post.

I never refused to answer your question, and I provided you my answer over and over again. Another poster even said she answered your question and her answer seems very simple to understand, but yet you kept asking me the question, and I kept providing you my answer over and over again. I even counted and showed you where I answered your question in other post. I even showed you where you repeatly refused to answer my question. You said I was trying to trick you into answering a question, which shows me you saw my answer, but refused to answer it. Yet, now you say other posters said I said one thing and then another which is not true. When you tried to point out what you thought I was saying from the thread talking about UR what you were trying to say, wasn't even what you were trying to make it be, as was shown in later post. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity