Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times

Advertisements

Consider what Jesus has to say about salvation:

Jesus answered, " Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
(John 3:5)
" Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(Luke 18:17)
" There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out."
(Luke 13:28)
" And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."
(Mark 9:47)
And He said to them, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
(Mark 14:15-16)
" But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21-8)
" Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."
(Revelation 22:14-15)

It is obvious that Our Lord & Savior, the Author of Salvation, does not support this universal free-ticket to Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post

Jesus answered, " Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
(John 3:5) " Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(Luke 18:17) " There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out."
(Luke 13:28) " And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."
(Mark 9:47) And He said to them, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
(Mark 14:15-16) " But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21-8) " Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

It is obvious that Our Lord & Savior, the Author of Salvation, does not support this universal free-ticket to Heaven.
Amen....lifesigns64 !!

"It is obvious that Our Lord & Savior, the Author of Salvation, does not support this universal free-ticket to Heaven"

And God has used you ....lifesigns64 as an instrument to provide throught God's Spirit the truth of his word.
A faithful servant who is sharing and speak His "TRUTH" written to deliver those who will hear what the Spirit of God is saying.....personally and to the world.
If you hear His voice "ANYONE" right now do not harden your heart in the rebellion of unbelief.
Turn and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.....today, for NOW is the day of SALVATION !!

Blessings....

Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:

" Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
" There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out."
" And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."
And He said to them, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
" But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21-8)
" Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

I agree. It all seems pretty plain to me too. Jesus said it: that's good enough for me...

Bud

Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 AM

702 posts, read 961,190 times
Quote:

(Revelation 21-8)

Thank you for quoting that last passage in Revelation. Not the contrast between those who "have the right to the tree of life" and those who are "outside."

UR presents another gospel if it teaches that those who die in their sins will have their sins purified in the lake of fire. There is no other means given to men for purification of their sins than the blood of Christ.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:04 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I agree. It all seems pretty plain to me too. Jesus said it: that's good enough for me...

Bud
Amen...Bud, I agree, "If Jesus said it, that's good enough for me"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
Thank you for quoting that last passage in Revelation. Not the contrast between those who "have the right to the tree of life" and those who are "outside."

UR presents another gospel if it teaches that those who die in their sins will have their sins purified in the lake of fire. There is no other means given to men for purification of their sins than the blood of Christ.
Amen...Jremy

Blessing to you both.... Bud, Jremy and you too lifesign !!!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
UR doesn't teach that anyones sins are purified by the LOF. The purpose of judgment is to turn a person to Christ.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM

702 posts, read 961,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
UR doesn't teach otherwise.
Then what is the purpose of the lake of fire?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Right. 100% saved means that 100% have to turn to Christ and follow Him. No free ticket. No automatic entry.

Psalm 22:27-29

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and
All the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship:
All they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and
None can keep alive his own soul.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Then what is the purpose of the lake of fire?
To demonstrate the fruits of sin. To bring to nought the pride of man by which he worships the creation rather than the Creator. To turn a person away from sin and to Christ for savlation from sin.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:

(John 3:5) " Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(Luke 18:17) " There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out."
(Luke 13:28) " And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."
(Mark 9:47) And He said to them, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
(Mark 14:15-16) " But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
(Revelation 21-8) " Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

AMEN LIFESIGNS!!!...This is THE EXACT portion of Scripture that the LORD has had me in now for weeks!!!...amazing!!! God IS speaking!

God Bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity