Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
A interesting point, but in my wife's unit they are having problems even now with people not wanting to share rooms in the barracks because of homosexuality. It is not just a Christian issue. There are non Christians who are being affected by it too.

Christians are getting the blame, but the others who arent Christian and oppose it get no mention. Why not Islam? Why not Athiests? Why not the everyday soldier who doesnt want to live with someone who is gay? As my wife and I can both attest it is not just Christians.
Thankyou for pointing that fact out.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Freedom of religion is gone. We now only have freedom from religion. The constitution gurarantees freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Those people who are against religion have turned the words and made the freedom of religion something it was never meant to be. They are the hateful people, not Christians.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM

In actuality the freedom of religion was specificaly Christian and Jewish, all other were considered pagan and actually against the law of the Land.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
A interesting point, but in my wife's unit they are having problems even now with people not wanting to share rooms in the barracks because of homosexuality. It is not just a Christian issue. There are non Christians who are being affected by it too.

Christians are getting the blame, but the others who arent Christian and oppose it get no mention. Why not Islam? Why not Athiests? Why not the everyday soldier who doesnt want to live with someone who is gay? As my wife and I can both attest it is not just Christians.

Personally I don't care whether it's Christian, Islam, Judaism, or any other kind of religion. In this country an individual is guaranteed the right to live his lifestyle as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others and no religion can take precedence over that and no sacred book can take precedence over the Constitution Of The United States. Like I said, I may not agree with the lifestyle of the homosexuals, but I will defend their right to live that lifestyle that is guaranteed under our Constitution, that is the law of the land and anybody who goes against that should be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Personally I don't care whether it's Christian, Islam, Judaism, or any other kind of religion. In this country an individual is guaranteed the right to live his lifestyle as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others and no religion can take precedence over that and no sacred book can take precedence over the Constitution Of The United States. Like I said, I may not agree with the lifestyle of the homosexuals, but I will defend their right to live that lifestyle that is guaranteed under our Constitution, that is the law of the land and anybody who goes against that should be prepared to suffer the consequences.
Well what about when homosexuality was against the law of the land? Why were they spared?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 AM

310 posts, read 589,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
The Holy Bible speaks clearly against Homosexuality.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

But Obama's Hate Speech Bill prohibited it and persecuted Christians for fellowship the Bible Teaching.

Christian speech targeted as 'hate'

Is it ok or not, what should Christians do: to follow Obama or the Holy Bible?

Any tought?
Worldnet Daily, really? I mean come on, REALLY??? That's like the national enquirer for christians; it's a rag!

You people with your desperate need to force your religious beliefs on everyone around you scare me. How is that any different than any other oppressive religion? The USA was not founded as a christian country; that much is very clear from the words of our founders. Why can't you people just live and let live? Raise your kids however it's important to you, and give everyone else the same courtesy. If we want to learn about your beliefs we'll ask. Otherwise keep your nose and religion to yourself.

You people are freakin' scary.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well what about when homosexuality was against the law of the land? Why were they spared?
Interracial marriage and being any other color other than white was against the law of the land back then too. Why are they spared now?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Yes, and the 1st step should be eliminating freedom of religion for non-Christians. That's the 1st commandment, after all.
I really can't tell. Are you being sarcastic here, or do you really think that only Christians are entitled to the protection of the Bill of Rights?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
*confetties*

Wonder when they are going to play the association card...

Old 02-09-2010, 11:54 AM

696 posts, read 915,380 times
Quote:
Of course you dont care, but then what about the people who dont want to live with it? Or dont they matter. I made the point where it infringes on the rights of people who dont want to be around it. Yet, all you care about is the fact that it infringes on their rights.

The problem is a bit deeper than you seem to understand. You think its Christians only, the problem is much wider than that.

So do you agree or not, the homosexuals are infringing on the rights of those who do not want to accept them?

Do you accept there are people in the military who do not want to even room with them male and female because it makes them uncomfortable?

You see I was in a military unit. I have seen homosexuals come home drunk to a barracks and try to have sex with thier roommates. How does that person feel? I have seen people crushed and unable to serve because a homosexual showed them affection.

Quoting the constitution is nice and all, but perhaps you might serve in the military and understand the implications. As I have been in declared war zones as my wife is right now, the situation creates many problems. It is not as easy as you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity