Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in a literal resurrection of the dead?
Yes, i believe in a literal resurrection of the dead ... 3 50.00%
No. i do not believe in the literal resurrection of the dead ... 2 33.33%
I dont know and or i dont care ... 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,711,936 times

Advertisements

I am making this poll to see how many people, like some others i will not name here, believe that there is no literal resurrection of the dead. By that i mean do or do you not believe that peoples dead bodies will come back to life and rise out of the grave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,398,911 times
The error of the Jews and early church has been kept alive by those today who look for a fleshly resurrection upon earth. The earthly resurrection of the believer is related to the error of the bodily, visible return of Christ and the bodily rapture of the saints. By very definition, the spiritual realm is eternal and immaterial. Flesh and blood bodies are bounded by time and space and therefore cannot inherit incorruption. Let us hold fast to our hope for we will reap in due time

John 3:5-7: Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM

You mean flesh literal right?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You mean flesh literal right?
Sciotamicks, if you read my OP and not just the poll question that will be clear to you. Of course, I imagine that were i to ask anyone if they believed in the literal resurrection alone without any other explanation, they would know what i meant by it.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,315,555 times
while it is hard for me to imagine I am convinced that the bible teaches that there is a literal bodily ressurection, I believe soul and mind perishes together with the body and that the dead will be resurrected with new bodies at the appointed time, this bodies will have flash and bones, yet no blood.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:08 PM

11,698 posts, read 3,553,904 times
I agree with sciotamicks

What is flesh is flesh - the flesh returns to the dust.

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The error of the Jews and early church has been kept alive by those today who look for a fleshly resurrection upon earth. The earthly resurrection of the believer is related to the error of the bodily, visible return of Christ and the bodily rapture of the saints. By very definition, the spiritual realm is eternal and immaterial. Flesh and blood bodies are bounded by time and space and therefore cannot inherit incorruption. Let us hold fast to our hope for we will reap in due time

John 3:5-7: Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
So why do you suppose God chose to refer to it as "the resurrection of the dead" when he inspired the writers of the scriptures instead of something which actually means what you say the resurrection is like "passing into spiritual life after death" ... ? If what you say is true, Didn't God realize that we would be confused by the fact that Christ literally rose again from the dead so that his corpse was no longer to be found in the tomb, and when Paul said our resurrection would be like Christs resurrection?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Being baptized by water and born again in the spirit do not mean that we will not be raised from the dead out of the graves. When Jesus rose from the dead, did his risen body enter into the kingdom of God?
Jesus was baptized by water the spirit descended on him like a dove, yet he resurrected bodily from the grave just like we will.

If what you are saying is true, then how did Jesus enter the kingdom of God with a fleshly body ...

Luke 24:39

Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So why do you suppose God chose to refer to it as "the resurrection of the dead" when he inspired the writers of the scriptures instead of something which actually means what you say the resurrection is like "passing into spiritual life after death" ... ? If what you say is true, Didn't God realize that we would be confused by the fact that Christ literally rose again from the dead so that his corpse was no longer to be found in the tomb, and when Paul said our resurrection would be like Christs resurrection?
Good grief...did you even read the scripture I posted? Pretty plain.

Here is another:

1 Cor 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

That should cover it, but no, twisting the scripture to your fancy is apparent.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Being baptized by water and born again in the spirit do not mean that we will not be raised from the dead out of the graves. When Jesus rose from the dead, did his risen body enter into the kingdom of God?
Jesus was baptized by water the spirit descended on him like a dove, yet he resurrected bodily from the grave just like we will.

If what you are saying is true, then how did Jesus enter the kingdom of God with a fleshly body ...

Luke 24:39
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.
Yes, but His glorified, spiritual body wasn't complete yet

A quick analysis of the glorified ascent and second coming:

Once Aaron entered into the holy of holies on the day of atonement, the first thing he did was burn the incense on the altar to create a cloud of smoke to cover the mercy seat. It was in this cloud that the Lord would manifest His presence which would also protect Aaron so that he would not die as a result. Just like the Lord passed by Moses in a cloud to conceal His glory so that Moses would not die.

This cloud of glory traveled with the people in the Exodus wanderings as well. So coming in a cloud is a protective measure when such manifestations are made in the earth. Jesus coming in the same power of the Holy Spirt in which He was taken up is the same power of the white horse on which He returns in this cloud of glory by which He manifests Himself to His saints.

And they as well as He are thus vindicated and glorified by the fulfillment of the prophecy as it comes to pass according to the word of the Lord, showing all nations who the true children of God are while the children of disobedience are destroyed by it. That revelation shines like a flash of lightning across the face of the whole earth still to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity