Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,538,007 times

Advertisements

(Continued from another thread)

Quote:
I have NO clue why Christians think it's appropriate to ever gripe about the decision to remove officially sponsored prayer from state run schools. There is no law requiring you to send you child to a state school. My children never set foot inside of a government school but if they did I certainly would NOT want the state school employees leading my children in any kind of prayers.
I was dumbfounded when I read this person's rant (their words) over on another thread. They don't know why? Have you looked at the news these days or taken a look on youtube and search for just girls fighting? The fact is since religion has been taken out of schools the patients are now running the asylum. I am not saying, prayer is the reason but it was a catalyst for religion. The misconception is that religion has been taken out of school, that is untrue. Christianity has been the main target using separation of church and state incorrectly as a fascade. Religion is still in our schools it is called evolution. A belief that man came from a monkey's uncle and that we sprang up from a primeordial ooze and given rise to such doctrines as post modernism where there is no absolutes and know one can know the truth. Everyday our children are affected, indoctrinated and hurt by this false religion taught by schools who's moral authority is their own. The results are in and we see the affects everyday.

The sad part is the world doesn't see it, they actually think this is the norm and that their tactics are actually helping things when in actuality society is getting worse-Pigs don't know that they live in a sty. To borrow a term from Whitney Houston "the children are our future" and to manipulate society to follow one's ideology you have to start with the children for example "the gay agenda" in our schools, sex education etc..... For a Christian to say that God being kept out of school doesn't affect he or she nor society is being grossly naive. There was a survey that was done not to long ago where they asked school children would you cheat if you could get away with it to further your own agenda, about 80% said, yes. The greed in Wallstreet is a reflection of this type of survey.

A story of a young man who announced he was going to commit suicide and put it on the internet, no one called the police but they logged in to watch the young man's life slowly leave his body or the story in England where another young man was going to jump to end his life and as the authorities tried to stop him the children were daring him to jump, even getting downright nasty in their remarks at him eventually the boy jumped and instead of horror on the children's faces as the young man landed infront of them they pulled out their cell phones to take pictures. There was no regard for human life and why should there be. I mean evolution teaches that life has no real purpose

Frederich Neitzche saw this when he made the famous statement, "God is dead" Nietzsche claimed the death of God would eventually lead to the loss of any universal perspective on things, and along with it any coherent sense of objective truth. Nietzsche knew that a society without God, without absolute authority would lead to nihilism-the belief that nothing has any importance and that life lacks purpose.

I leave this with a sad story on our society, Dan Collins, a staff writer for UPI in New York. About 5:20 A.M. last Saturday in Times Square area of New York, a young man wandered the streets clad only in a pair of dungarees. He was a vagrant. At that time of the early morning in that area of town the streets are inhabited mostly by drifters and petty criminals. The man in the dungarees appeared to be in his late twenties or early thirties, it was clear that he was one of life's unfortunates. Two transit policemen, Edwin Kasser(?) and Fred Ailers(?) were breaking up a fight on 42nd street when they saw the young vagrant running down the street pursued by 15 youths. The vagrant was now completely naked. More youths joined in the chase. The vagrant was terrified. The pursuers grew to about 40 in number. They were throwing bottles and cans at the man. Kasser and Ailers were later to learn that the original group of youths had taunted the vagrant and then stripped him of his clothes.
Kasser managed to catch the terrified vagrant near a subway entrance on 42nd street. He said that the 40 youths were in a carnival mood, they shouted at the naked vagrant...Fool, idiot. The vagrant broke away from the police officer, ran into the subway station, tried to grab a man's jacket. The police officers theorized he was so humiliated about having been stripped of his pants that he was merely in desperation trying to cover himself.
Then he ran to the subway platform still naked. The youths continued to laugh and jeer. The vagrant leaped on to the tracks to get away. As the laughing mob watched, he touched his hand to the electrified third rail and was electrocuted. The mob on the platform laughed as the man they had pursued killed himself. They thought it was a joke, said Kasser. They didn't kill him, they just pushed him over the brink.

Abandoned by God, Part 1

Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times
Temporarily closed pending moderation.