Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in universal salvation?
I believe in universal salvation. 28 71.79%
I DO NOT believe in universal salvation. 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 AM

75 posts, read 101,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
oh, by the way I am a believer and also don't like to label myself as a "universalist" however I do believe that God will resurrect all .... but each in their own order
1 Corinthians gives a good picture of the 'end' part. I would agree with 'universal reconciliation' but not 'universal salvation'.... similar to mk2 'God will resurrect all ... but each in their own order'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm55 View Post
as a Christian Universalist. (I Cor. 15:22 -- For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.)

The reasons for my belief include the hundreds of scriptures legoman cited in the "Scriptures that proved to me Universal Salvation is true" thread, and the arguments presented in this book:

http://hopebeyondhell.net/Revised_Edition.pdf
Yep that is a good book. I just picked up 2 copies of it from tentmaker - its only $5+shipping each, its handy for people who like "real" books, not this internet stuff...

Old 02-20-2010, 02:20 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
I don't believe in a universal salvation, but that's how I voted because there wasn't a choice that more accurately explained my belief. (I'm glad you didn't allow a third choice. When you do that, that's how everybody votes!)

Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM

428 posts, read 800,324 times
I am definitely a believer that God, at the End of All Things, saves All. This belief is quite obviously Biblical, as well.

I was not raised this way. I have been a Christian for over 30 years and just came to this belief about 5 years ago, after much searching.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe in a universal salvation, but that's how I voted because there wasn't a choice that more accurately explained my belief. (I'm glad you didn't allow a third choice. When you do that, that's how everybody votes!)
Yeah.. between wording the question and wording the answers I felt I had to force a choice.. lol

I would say you believe in universal salvation if the percentage of hell-bound is lower than the percentage of heaven-bound

I think it is more about the concept of all being saved. Either the thought of all being saved is awful to you or good...

Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

I think it is more about the concept of all being saved. Either the thought of all being saved is awful to you or good...
Yes that would be a good poll question!

How about this:

DO YOU WANT HITLER TO BE SAVED.... YES OR NO!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes that would be a good poll question!

How about this:

DO YOU WANT HITLER TO BE SAVED.... YES OR NO!
The ultimate irony.. Hitler saved.. HEHEHE. Go for it!

You know my answer.. what a fitting punishment for Hitler to serve the living God.
Paul was the 1st Century Hitler for Christians and yet God showed him who was boss..

Old 02-20-2010, 04:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
I do not believe in universal salvation.

Jesus said,

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Do you believe in Romans 4:5?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Jesus said,

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
I know this has been said before but the greek word here for punishment is kolasin meaning correction or penal infliction. Does this mean punishment? Sure it does but does it mean punishment that never ends? No because correction stops when the behavior is corrected. Even down to the root of that word we see it means to curtail. That behavior being corrected is unrighteousness.

I just think you misunderstand what everlasting punishment really is because of the bad job of interpreting they did. However if you look at Jesus' definition of eternal life or life eternal (John 17) you see that it is to live knowing God and Jesus. Thus NOT knowing God and Jesus is the opposite, not burning in hell without hope of parole. Once you know God you are not in need of correction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity