U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:42 AM

186 posts, read 169,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena123 View Post
What is the difference between the spirit and the soul?
'Abdu'l-Bahá on the Journey of the Soul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:08 PM

A photographic narrative

Skip to master site navigation
Bahá’u’lláh’s Revelation continues to unfold

While at Bahjí, Bahá’u’lláh elucidated His teachings and sent tablets to various parts of the world. They included references to His most pivotal social teaching — the oneness of humankind. All His other social teachings are means of achieving and sustaining the practical unity of humanity so that people may fulfill the purpose of their creation, to peacefully carry forward an ever-advancing civilization.
Bahá’u’lláh renewed the great spiritual teachings found in earlier religions, foremost among which is the need to recognize the Messenger of God in the era in which He appears, and follow His teachings.
Photo 6 of 10: Stairs that lead to the upper floor of the Mansion of Bahjí.

http://www.bahaullah.org/

For your perusal: http://reference.bahai.org/en/

Om Namah Shivaya; "I bow to the Lord who abides within"

Namaste`
Drifter

Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 AM

Thanks for sharing donnyb;
This is not unreasonable/unconscionable at all.

A breath of fresh-air.

Blessings
D.

Spirit, in-my-opinion, enters a person on the 'wings' of inspiration and intuition.
We intuitively know (consciously) the next right thing to do and that intuition provides us
with a view-point at least, a choice at most between Spirit/Conscience and mammon/ego.
What we do after rationalization between the two, is on us (our responsibility).
And the difference's can be measured in terms, Heaven, or Hell.
Man cannot serve two masters.

http://www.raptitude.com/2009/04/the...b-part-2-of-2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyb View Post
there is another view of the spirit, soul and body. when man was created, God made the body out of the dust of the earth and then breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. man became a living soul points out that man is a soul, not a spirit. the spirit (breath) is really that; our breath. it is the element of man that allows man to communicate with God because God is spirit. when man sinned against God the spirit died, that is he lost his ability to communicate with God as he once was able to do. with the spirit out of commision, the desires of the body became prominant and man followed after the lusts of the flesh. Christ has made it possible for man to come back into relationship with God. when a person believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as saviour, God gives them a new spirit that now has the ability to communicate with God. the work of the Holy Spirit is to bring man (the soul) to the place where he can hear the spirit within and walk by that revelation. the salvation of the soul is that work of God through the Lord Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit to bring man to the fulness of Christ in the spirit.
of course this is where I am at in seeing the spirit, soul and body

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 03-02-2010 at 06:39 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 AM

I call it the doctrine of no doctrine, or the nameless. Like being still until you move, and knowing that I AM god.

"You heard that I suffered, but I suffered not.
An unsuffering one was I, yet suffered.
One pierced was I, yet I was not abused.
Once hanged was I, and yet not hanged.
Blood flowed from me, yet did not flow."

This is a myth that encodes the pernnial mystical teachings that a human being is made up of two parts: an earthly part, which suffers and dies (the eidolon), and an eternal spiritual witness (the Daemon), which is untouched by suffering and experiences thise world as a passing illusion.

How is it that Jesus can suffer and not suffer? Because, as he explains, "I distinguish the man from myself." He identifies with his transcendent Higher Self, the Daemon, not his suffering lower self, the eidolon.

"Had you known how to suffer, you would have been not to suffer.
See through suffering, and you will have non-suffering.

Five hundred years earlier Euripes portrayed King Pentheus as binding Dyonisus, while actually he was not.

"There I made a mockery of him. He thought he was binding me; But he neither held nor touched me, save in his deluded mind."

Jesus says to Peter in the Apocalypse of Peter as he sees Jesus "glad and laughing" on the cross while the nails are being driven into his hands and feet when He explains:

He whom you see on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But this one into whose hands and feet they drive nails is the fleshy part, which is the substitue being put to shame, the one who came into being in his likeness. But look at him and me."

An echo of this doctrine also survives in the Muslim Qur'an which, when dealing with the supposed death of Jesus, declares:

"But they did not kill him, neither did they crucify him, but a similitude was made for them."

Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Who and what is the Daemon?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 AM

Things, aren't always what they seem.
A Satanic union of Eidolon and Daemon

Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 PM

There is No Good and Evil, Just Smart and Dumb (Part 1 of 2) | Raptitude.com
..........................................: D........................................ .........

Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 PM

"'The Goal of Gnostic initiation was, likewise, to bring the lower self into union with the higher self, for it is when they are made one that enlightenment occurs.' [Irenaeus (130-202CE) and Valentinus (100-180CE) are quoted in agreement. Valentinus writes:] 'When the human self and the divine 'I' are interconnected they can achieve perfection and eternity'" - The Jesus Mysteries by Freke & Gandy, p125-126.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Essential Teaching

http://www.barrylong.org/

The body is the gateway to the truth.
http://www.youtube.com/barrylongvide...ABD24AE9F0D5D2

Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM

YouTube - ECKHART TOLLE: AWAKENING IN THE NOW | It's the NOW again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7JL54nbi4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyGO1TFV_E&NR=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity