Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,001 times

Advertisements

Sensitive subjsect. Now I don't mean the spefically say that Christian are hateful, far from it. It is the hate that is spewed by the fringe, the Christians that wont share there faith because they don't want to stir up trouble. Jesus said "You will be hated for my name". So sharing the truth of the Bible makes you a target for those who trully hate while accussing you of hatred.

I know, I made a little comment that is clearly Biblical yet is proclaimed as hatred.

Now I am not hear to point fingers, even though I have been accused of such things. But we need too stick to Biblical truth even if it is declared hateful. Know this, those who scream hatred are usaully those who hate.

This has been the key point to pretty much all my threads in the past few days, seperating the wheat from the chafe and everyone can clearly see who is Christian and who is not by the reactions in the posts.

You shall know them by there fruit, and many have shown there true fruit of hatred.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sensitive subjsect. Now I don't mean the spefically say that Christian are hateful, far from it. It is the hate that is spewed by the fringe, the Christians that wont share there faith because they don't want to stir up trouble. Jesus said "You will be hated for my name". So sharing the truth of the Bible makes you a target for those who trully hate while accussing you of hatred.
Strawman Robin . . . the spewing of vile primitive hatred in the NAME of Jesus is what causes the adverse reaction . . . NOT because of any claim to follow Jesus.
Quote:
I know, I made a little comment that is clearly Biblical yet is proclaimed as hatred.
It may be biblical under the veil of primitive ignorance that STILL shrouds the reading of the written word . . . despite Jesus' providing a clear and unambiguous alternative understanding. It is a BIBLEean . . . but NOT CHRISTian interpretation.
Quote:
Now I am not hear to point fingers, even though I have been accused of such things. But we need too stick to Biblical truth even if it is declared hateful. Know this, those who scream hatred are usaully those who hate.
There is NOTHING CHRISTian that could ever be considered hateful, Robin . . . that is the devil's deceit. (Hate usually begins within as self-hatred, Robin.)
Quote:
This has been the key point to pretty much all my threads in the past few days, seperating the wheat from the chafe and everyone can clearly see who is Christian and who is not by the reactions in the posts.

You shall know them by there fruit, and many have shown there true fruit of hatred.
This is true . . as long as the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit within guiding our understanding of what has been "written in our hearts" is the standard against which the "fruit" is evaluated.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Strawman Robin . . . the spewing of vile primitive hatred in the NAME of Jesus is what causes the adverse reaction . . . NOT because of any claim to follow Jesus. It may be biblical under the veil of primitive ignorance that STILL shrouds the reading of the written word . . . despite Jesus' providing a clear and unambiguous alternative understanding. It is a BIBLEean . . . but NOT CHRISTian interpretation. There is NOTHING CHRISTian that could ever be considered hateful, Robin . . . that is the devil's deceit. (Hate usually begins within as self-hatred, Robin.)This is true . . as long as the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit within guiding our understanding of what has been "written in our hearts" is the standard against which the "fruit" is evaluated.
Apparently you have been deceaved and you cant see it. I am sorry I cant help those who dont want help.

Do you accept the entire Bible as truth? Or do you hate the Bible? Simple test, can you pass?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Apparently you have been deceaved and you cant see it. I am sorry I cant help those who dont want help.

Do you accept the entire Bible as truth? Or do you hate the Bible? Simple test, can you pass?
Yes. The bible is INSPIRED truth . . . NOT DICTATED LITERAL truth . . . A distinction the CARNAL mind does not get. ONLY SPIRITUALdiscernment of the spirit of the words . . . NOT the letter . . . provides the guidance, understanding and hope that scripture is only USEFUL for (NOT BLIND ACCEPTANCE OF ITS LITERAL RENDERINGS).

Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes. The bible is INSPIRED truth . . . NOT DICTATED LITERAL truth . . . A distinction the CARNAL mind does not get. ONLY SPIRITUALdiscernment of the spirit of the words . . . NOT the letter . . . provides the guidance, understanding and hope that scripture is only USEFUL for (NOT BLIND ACCEPTANCE OF ITS LITERAL RENDERINGS).
There you go again, he shoots he misses. You are still trying to put the carnal spin on what you do not understand and then you want to claim someone has blind acceptance and you clearly miss the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Clarity can be mind numbing for those who cannot accept the truth.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM

167 posts, read 354,117 times
If we preach Christ it will be a stumblingblock to many. Christ came not to bring peace but a sword and division. To stand on the truth of Christ and the Bible is to be hated by the world. The world loves it's own, but we are not of the world.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:45 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times
Quote:
Robin, why is that you always believe that everyone else is:

1. 'missing the point'

2. 'deceived'

3. 'lost'

but you?

Don't you find it in the least arrogant on your part?

Old 02-20-2010, 03:49 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
There you go again, he shoots he misses. You are still trying to put the carnal spin on what you do not understand and then you want to claim someone has blind acceptance and you clearly miss the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Clarity can be mind numbing for those who cannot accept the truth.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Point to the carnality in my interpretation, Robin. Remove the veil of ignorance and literal CARNAL interpretation (the way a mere human off the street without SPIRITUAL discernment would interpret) of the written word and look back in the mirror.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Robin, why is that you always believe that everyone else is:

1. 'missing the point'

2. 'deceived'

3. 'lost'

but you?

Don't you find it in the least arrogant on your part?
Not really I base my view on the Bible and considering the responces they validate the perspective. Sorry if you take it as arrogant but it is clearly Biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity