Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,869,826 times

Advertisements

I have often heard on these boards that God saving all is a lie straight from the devil.

If 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10 is a lie straight from the devil then why are we told by God in 1 Timothy 4:11 to teach these things?

Also, I'd like to know why Satan would want mankind to know that he will be completely defeated?

Why would Satan want a message preached that completely honors God and His Son, Jesus Christ?

Why would Satan want a message preached that Christ will be completely victorious in that He will save all whom He died for?

It seems to me Satan would want people to preach that God will lose the majority of mankind and Satan will win the majority of mankind.

It seems to me Satan would want people to think that Christ's death accomplished nothing. That it all depends upon you to save yourself.

If I were Satan (and I can assure you I am not) but if I were Satan I would set up as many seminaries as I could around the world, fill them with spiritually blind who really want to please God but don't really know how. I would set them up so that they would be funded in such a way that if anyone taught on the truth of a fully victorious God and a fully victoriousl Saviour, Jesus Christ, that they would immediately lose tenure and lose their jobs.

I would fill Christian book stores with books from these seminaries from people trying to get their doctorates. Any books teaching the complete victory of God and Christ would automatically be banned.

I would fill pulpits with ministers from these seminaries to keep the world blinded to the truth.

Now then, getting back to the main point, why would Satan want us to believe in an all victorious God and an all victorious Saviour?

Last edited by Eusebius; 02-23-2010 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM

32,880 posts, read 26,096,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I have often heard on these boards that God saving all is a lie straight from the devil.

If 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10 is a lie straight from the devil then why are we told by God in 1 Timothy 4:11 to teach these things?

Also, I'd like to know why Satan would want mankind to know that he will be completely defeated?

Why would Satan want a message preached that completely honors God and His Son, Jesus Christ?

Why would Satan want a message preached that Christ will be completely victorious in that He will save all whom He died for?

It seems to me Satan would want people to preach that God will lose the majority of mankind and Satan will win the majority of mankind.

It seems to me Satan would want people to think that Christ's death accomplished nothing. That it all depends upon you to save yourself.

If I were Satan (and I can assure you I am not) but if I were Satan I would set up as many seminaries as I could around the world, fill them with spiritually blind who really want to please God but don't really know how. I would set them up so that they would be funded in such a way that if anyone taught on the truth of a fully victorious God and a fully victoriousl Saviour, Jesus Christ, that they would immediately lose tenure and lose their jobs.

I would fill Christian book stores with books from these seminaries from people trying to get their doctorates. Any books teaching the complete victory of God and Christ would automatically be banned.

I would fill pulpits with ministers from these seminaries to keep the world blinded to the truth.

Now then, getting back to the main point, why would Satan want us to believe in an all victorious God and an all victorious Saviour?
This is a complete twisting of the truth. 1 Tim. 2:4-6 'who desires all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth, 5) For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6) who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.'

No one has claimed that the above passage is a lie. To infer that such a thing has been said comes from the mind of one who seeks to promote what IS a lie--the lie being that all will be saved. The Scriptures say otherwise.

God does desire that all men be saved. But He does not force all men to be saved. He doesn't force anyone to be saved. Christ came into the world and accomplished the work of salvation in order so that WHOSOEVER will turn to Him for salvation will be saved. And those who won't put their trust in Christ for salvation will remain under condemnation.

The 'main point' that this poster implies to be that 'Satan wants us to believe in an all victorious God and an all victorious Saviour', is also a twisting of what Satan wants us to believe. The Scriptures repeatedly warn that those who die without receiving the gift of salvation, who die without accepting the offer of salvation will not see life. They will spend eternity in conscious torment in the lake of fire.

Satan wants to lure man into a false sense of security about his eternal future. It is Satan who promotes the idea that all will be saved in an attempt to keep who he might from making the necessary decision to believe in Christ for salvation. The issue involved in salvation must first be understood, which is the purpose of the Gospel message. Having understood the issue, that man is a sinner and is eternally lost and in need of a Savior, and that Jesus Christ is that Savior who by means of His work on the Cross, who died for the sins of the world, made eternal salvation available to whoever will turn to Him for it; having understood this, each individual is held responsible by God to believe in Christ in order to receive the offer of salvation that God extends to all.

John 3:16 states that ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.' In this passage the issue is clearly stated. Jesus Christ died for the world so that WHOSOEVER believes in Him SHOULD NOT PERISH. There is no ambiguity the passage. There is nothing to be misunderstood. Christ died for all so that anyone who turns to Him will be saved from perishing. Perishing does not mean a cessation of existence. It means an eternity in separation from God in very unpleasant conditions.

Notice how the poster further twists the truth by stating that the false teaching of universal salvation completely honors God. Quite to the contrary, this Satanic doctrine impunes the very nature of God. The holiness of God can have nothing to do with sin. In grace God provided the means of satisfiying the demands of His perfect and absolute righteousness by commissioning the second member of the Godhead, Jesus Christ to take upon Himself the likeness of man and come into the world and go to the Cross as our substitute. The righteousness of God then requires that man make the decision to depend on Christ's finished work of salvation. God requires that each individual make a conscious decision to trust in Christ for salvation. Those who won't place their trust in Christ, who won't believe in Him for salvation must on the basis of God's perfect holiness remain under eternal condemnation.

Ask yourselves why these universalists are making such an effort to promote their false teaching. The word of God presents the necessity and the urgency of believing in Christ so that you might be saved. It declares that those who refuse the offer of salvation will spend eternity in the lake of fire. But those who say that all men will ultimately be saved are doing so because of Satans desire to blind man to that truth of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord for all who do not believe in Christ.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (the command to believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

The issue is clear. Make the right decision. Don't be deceived by these emissaries of Satan. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, they are promoting a most heinous lie from the devil whose goal is to prevent as many as possible from being saved by denying the need to turn to Christ for salvation.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:34 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,869,826 times
Actually, Mike, Satan wants to lure man into a false sense of INSECURITY by believing God will eternally torture them if they don't measure up.

Of course you believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 is a lie as well as 1 Timothy 4:10,11.
If you thought it was the truth you would do what you are told to do in 1 Tim.4:11. Here, I'll quote it for you:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 KJV This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

It says to teach that God is every man's Saviour, not just believers.

It says to teach that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind.

It does not make a lick of sense to say: "God just desires all mankind to be saved" in 1 Tim.2:4. Why? Because Christ ransomed all mankind. Since all have been ransomed all must be saved. That is why God will save all.

Teach it Mike.

It's time, Mike. It is time to drop your antagonism to God and His word and His Son and start being obedient. Teach these things, Mike. It is time now, Mike.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:10 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,919,141 times
Quote:
Actually, Mike, Satan wants to lure man into a false sense of INSECURITY by believing God will eternally torture them if they don't measure up.

If you thought it was the truth you would do what you are told to do in 1 Tim.4:11. Here, I'll quote it for you:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 KJV This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

It says to teach that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind.

It does not make a lick of sense to say: "God just desires all mankind to be saved" in 1 Tim.2:4. Why? Because Christ ransomed all mankind. Since all have been ransomed all must be saved. That is why God will save all.

Teach it Mike.

It's time, Mike. It is time to drop your antagonism to God and His word and His Son and start being obedient. Teach these things, Mike. It is time now, Mike.
. We all need to teach these truth's and command others to do likewise. I'm starting to appreciate how Martin Luther must have felt when he was proclaiming the Good News to the religious pagans of his day! Carry-on my friend, proclaim the truth of the Gospel!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 PM

32,880 posts, read 26,096,491 times
Quote:

Teach it Mike.

You think you are mocking me, but it is God that you mock. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. Galatians 6:7. Those who shamelessly contradict what Christ has said concerning the need to believe in Him or be eternally lost and who attempt to deceive who they may into not believing in Him, will answer to God for that.

Matthew 10:28 'And do not fear those who kill the body; but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 PM

21 posts, read 26,163 times
It really saddens me that people twist the Word around to the point that they make their own beliefs and create their own religion. I can't imagine what Jesus felt when the Scribes and Pharisees consistently did this to Him.

Mike is correct - you are mocking God himself and I just hope and pray you come to realize the truth of the Word. God came down as man so that He could atone for all sins, what a great God we serve.

I am sorry, but not all are saved. Jesus Christ would not have preached about being Born-Again, or preach on Hell if that was the case.

I think Mike pointed out a great piece of Scripture: John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (the command to believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

It doesn't get any more clear than that.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM

76,825 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The issue is clear. Make the right decision. Don't be deceived by these emissaries of Satan. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, they are promoting a most heinous lie from the devil whose goal is to prevent as many as possible from being saved by denying the need to turn to Christ for salvation.
Amen!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,462,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharptech View Post
It really saddens me that people twist the Word around to the point that they make their own beliefs and create their own religion. I can't imagine what Jesus felt when the Scribes and Pharisees consistently did this to Him.

Mike is correct - you are mocking God himself and I just hope and pray you come to realize the truth of the Word. God came down as man so that He could atone for all sins, what a great God we serve.

I am sorry, but not all are saved. Jesus Christ would not have preached about being Born-Again, or preach on Hell if that was the case.

I think Mike pointed out a great piece of Scripture: John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (the command to believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

It doesn't get any more clear than that.
Two Questions:
1. How do you define "eternal life" and "wrath of God?"

2. Did Jesus did for ALL sins or a few?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Teach it Mike.

Why? If everyone was already auto-saved and going to heaven then why was it important for Timothy to preach it? It would make sense to preach only if the hearers salvation depended on it. And of course the purpose of preaching was/is to spread the gospel so that as many as possible would have the opportunity to come to Christ.

Later in the same chapter 1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
This is a great verse. Jesus was debating with the Pharisees, and they claimed they are saved because "they were sons of Abraham". They thought they were auto-saved simply because of their blood line. Jesus told them that if they were sons of Abraham, they would bear resemblance to Abraham (they would behave like Abraham), and he continued by saying that in their actions they resemble their real father, the Satan, not Abraham. As always, - you will know them by their fruits.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-23-2010 at 09:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity