Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:21 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Do you believe it's going to be the instant you die? If the answer is "yes," I'm wondering how you reconcile this answer with the timing of the Last Judgment, which is not going to take place until Christ begins His millennial reign. Is God going to welcome you to Heaven and then, a few hundred years after you've been there, going to tell you it's your turn to be judged? What would be the point of that? Why wouldn't you own "Last Judgment" be the instant you die?
I read in the bible that all my sins, past, present, and future, were laid on the soul of Jesus the Christ at the Atonement, which He finished once, for all, at the time of Passover. Because I died with Him, then, as an Adam flesh soul, who was dead in spirit and in that dead Adam flesh, and because I rose with Him, as an alive in Spirit regenerated son of God in His New Man Living Spirit, then I am going to be with Him where He is, when I die, and He is in heaven.
I will never be judged for my sins because He has already taken them away, once, for all, and I cannot crucify Him twice, which is death forever to even try.

I will be at an awards ceremony for the born again in Christ sons, however, which seems to take place at the banquet the Church is called to, at the time of the resurrection and or rapture/translation of it, and I will receive rewards there, or lose rewards there, depending on my motives. Not even a cup of cold water given in His name will go unrewarded, He says.

I will go to Mount Zion, the city of God, which City the saints from all the ages ascended to at the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the ascension of Him, when He led captivity captive and emptied the place in Sheol which was set aside for the righteous to wait in comfort in. Now they all go to Mount Zion of the heavenlies, that city which is personified from Genesis to Revelation as the Woman; "Jerusalem, the Mother of us all" who are born of the Living Spirit, and we all go to be with YHWH the Word Himself, come in flesh as the Firstborn Son/Seed, of that "Woman", to build up Zion with the sons the Creator sought when He made Adam one spirit, and male and female to multiply the seed to be the sons to build up Zion.

That is the story of redemption back, which the Scriptures teach us about, in the name of the New Man, so that we can fulfill the purpose of our being created in the image of God, to be human being sons for the Glory to indwell us, as His temple not made with hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
-Except for the fact that but for the fact that Latte'Chic said June was going along to heaven too, June never would have known it!

Good lady, that Latte!
Did you get saved (accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior) and I didn't know about it??? How is that possible??

Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
AS is true with most of the irrelevant things you think we must believe . . . the end is the same. We have eternal life from the moment Jesus died and was reborn as Spirit, period. We have nothing to do with it.
The Word of God says otherwise.

John 3:36 'He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (believe) the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God remains on him.'

The Word of God speaks against you and condemns you.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
-Except for the fact that but for the fact that Latte'Chic said June was going along to heaven too, June never would have known it!

Good lady, that Latte!
I couldn't find where she said that on this thread.

The condition for salvation is 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.' Acts 16:31.

John 14:6 'Jesus said to him, ''I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'

2 Corinthians 4:3 'And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishng, 4) in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.'

Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:

Good lady, that Latte!
Yep, going to be doing her hair in heaven.... !!
I got my bag packed with my golden shears that are all sharpen and ready to go.....the purest color to use.....whooa,
We be doing some glorified hair stylin' in heaven.....

Old 02-24-2010, 04:47 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Well you seem to have really started something here, Latte. All joking aside, are you aware of the implications of saying you're going to be doing an atheist's hair in heaven?? I'm very puzzled by why you would say this to an atheist. It's not funny in the least. I know you're proud of your coiffing but come on!! How can you mislead someone into thinking this?

I would love nothing more than to see June in heaven but like Mike posted above, June needs to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. I won't lie and say she'll be there simply because I like her.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Do you believe it's going to be the instant you die? If the answer is "yes," I'm wondering how you reconcile this answer with the timing of the Last Judgment, which is not going to take place until Christ begins His millennial reign. Is God going to welcome you to Heaven and then, a few hundred years after you've been there, going to tell you it's your turn to be judged? What would be the point of that? Why wouldn't you own "Last Judgment" be the instant you die?
I'll be the minority here.....but what's new

The answer: heaven is mine now, and I will be there instantly upon death..... per Jesus.

Jesus here uses the present tense..."has eternal life". He doesn't say "will have".
John 5:24
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

Jesus also puts condemnation of the unbeliever also in the present tense,

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

The last judgement is the finale. When Christ returns again, it will one time only, there is no millennial reign. Christ will come to judge and do away with all evil, those who do evil, death, sin and everything will disappear. Earth will be destroyed, the sun will become dark, the stars in the galaxies will fall from there position. All who has ever lived and are currently living will be gathered (aka raptured) and be judged.

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-24-2010 at 05:46 PM..

Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yep, going to be doing her hair in heaven.... !!
I got my bag packed with my golden shears that are all sharpen and ready to go.....the purest color to use.....whooa,
We be doing some glorified hair stylin' in heaven.....
You'll have to leave your bag and scissors behind when you depart this world.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Just curious: might I ask what translation you use? If there is an English Bible better translated than the KJV, I'd be interested in a copy...

Thank you
Bud
I use the New American Standard and The New Living Translation.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Church age believers are judged at the judgment seat of Christ which takes place immediately after the rapture of the Church. The purpose of the judgment seat of Christ is to evaluate the works of the believer in order to reward the works that Christ determines to be 'gold, silver and precious stones', and to burn up the works that He finds to be 'wood, hay and stubble.'
The judgment seat of Christ is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, 2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10-12. The final inspection of the bride, which has just undergone the judgment seat of Christ is found in Revelation 19:8, just before the church--the bride of Christ returns to the earth with Christ at His Second Advent at the end of the Tribulation.

In Matthew 25:31-46, the judgment of Tribulational survivors is described. The sheep are the Tribulational believers who will go into the Millennium, and the goats are the Tribulational unbelievers who are cast into eternal fire as per verse 41. The basis of the unbelievers condemnation is their works. Since they didn't believe in Christ, and because their sins were previously judged at the Cross, they are condemned on the basis of their works. No unbelievers will go into the Millennial kingdom. Later, as the Millennium progresses, there will be people born, many of whom will not believe in Christ even though He is physically present on the earth. These unbelievers will be deceived by Satan at the end of the Millennium when he is released from his prison to initiate one last revote against God. Revelation 20:7-10. But at the beginning of the Millennium there will be no unbelievers on the earth.

At the end of the Millennium, the Great White throne judgment of unbelievers takes place. At this time, all unbelievers throughout all of human history who are in 'Torments' in Hades will be resurrected from out of Hades, and in their resurrected bodies they will stand before Jesus Christ who will judge them on the basis of their works and will cast them into the eternal lake of fire. Revelation 20:11-15. There will be no believers being judged at the Great White Throne judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity