U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:30 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,430,166 times

Advertisements

Has your life changed since you've become a Christian?

Have you changed?

I'll start:

1. I have hope now, even in my darkest moments, knowing that I am of and really don't belong to "this world", and that I am not alone.

2. The Holy Spirit has given me many prods when I am doing something I shouldn't, or falling into old patterns.

3. I am kinder, more patient at times, less prejudiced.

4. No longer afraid/petrified to die.

5. I take the time to pray for other people, something I never did.

6. People, things, TV Shows, lifestyles that I used to be okay with, are more and more becoming offensive to me, and I find myself walking away from things I used to be attracted to.

7. I feel pain when I sin . . . and in some cases, find it hard to repent of things, but still try, even when I fail, feeling that I need to overcome, when before I didn't care.

8. I worry about my loved ones who do not know Jesus.

9. I feel touched, deeply, that "he would leave his place on high, and come for sinful men to die, you call it strange as once did I, until I knew my Savior". These are words from My Saviour My God, and I find myself tearing up in touched by His incredible love for all of us.

And my life changed because I wanted my son to love Jesus, and accept him and live a Christian life . . . not because of what I desired for him, but wanted it to be his desire. I wanted it to be in his heart sincerely.

He refused to pray outloud, didn't want to read the bible, disliked my new Christian music, didn't want to talk about Christianity, Jesus, etc. He felt like I was imposing my beliefs on him.

Well last year there was a Vacation Bible Camp and we just moved, I told him he had no choice but to go at least for one night, and that it would be good socialization. He fought me tooth and nail.

The next night when I brought his sister, he said reluctantly that he would go . . . . . I prayed and prayed for God to speak to him.

Long story short, he has found Jesus, loves him with his whole heart, reads the bible daily, praises and worships him, and I get tears when he prays with me and his sister.

He loves going to church, and feels a calling to be a Youth Pastor.

I have failed at many things being a parent, but, God is Great, and my fervent prayers have been answered. It's all that I could have hoped for for him.

Unfortunately, my husband is not a "Christian", he is agnostic, yet, he keeps talking about the changes in us, me, son and daughter . . . in the meantime, we pray for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM

20,048 posts, read 21,026,858 times
Wow better than I could ever imagine! Just know God is always with me, watching over me, there when trouble comes, to know everything that comes into my life is either allowed by Him or sent by Him. I know He can do what I can't. I am a nicer kinder person because of Him. Since I turned back to God several years ago I met my wonderful husband. I too have family members I pray about, but I have faith that God is going to take care of them and they will be saved.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:55 PM

264 posts, read 562,081 times
Oh My!! So very much has changed over these years of loving and serving my Savior:

He freed me from the pain and rage I kept bottled inside from years of being abused and He gave me the ability to forgive those who had hurt me.

He brought 3 of the 4 people who had abused me to salvation. (I still pray for that last one)

He broke the bonds that addiction had over me and gave me the ability to turn from drugs and alcohol for solace. He provided His loving arms, which are SO much more comforting, for those times when the world is just too much to bear.

He healed me of a herniated disc in my back and cured me of a birth defect! Still pain free as of today...Praise Him!!

He brought someone into my life who loves me for who I am and has brought peace and joy into my life for the first time ever!!!

Thank You, Jesus!!! LOVE YA!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM

2,798 posts, read 6,828,647 times
Wow, some great testimonies for Christ here! I always LOVE reading these happy threads about what Christ has done for people!
I don't really have time right this minute to go into my own details, but I will do so later...thanks for the great thread!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM

1,574 posts, read 3,255,632 times
In a nutshell, He has brought me a sense of peace I've never known before.
Since coming to Christ, there's been nothing that can shake me to the point of despair.

That's big for me. I come from a long line of depressed people!

Growing up in that enviroment was very difficult. I tried filling my void with all sorts of things but they were all band-aids. My love for Jesus filled me up with joy and happiness I'd never felt or even knew existed.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 AM

12,397 posts, read 15,039,888 times
I have been a christian since 1964. I have grown over the many years..In the very early year or so, I let other people tell me how I should behave, what church I should go to, which verses I should remember . It was hard, but I tried to do everything they wanted me to do and behave the way a woman should. When I really sat down for a few years and read, studied, and prayed for guidance in my quest for understanding, things were a little easier. However, I was still a prisoner, being forced into a doctrine I had trouble accepting, but I stayed as I thought a christian wife should..Years later ,when events brought me to my lowest point, I cried to the lord in prayer. Then I told everyone that I would from now on never let anyone come between me and God again. My life has changed in the 43 years since I became a christian It has only been in the last 6 or 7 years that I have become at peace with my beliefs, and what God wants of me..It is soo simple, just a four letter word LOVE if you truly have that, everything else is so simple

Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,430,166 times
Wow!! These responses are so inspiring, I am amazed at how God is/has worked in our lives . . . I can't wait to read more responses.

Besides my son and my very young daughter, no one in my family is a Christian, so it is so great to have people to share with and learn from, what a blessing this forum is!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,889,660 times
I haven't posted on this particular forum before, but am glad I found it.
I have quite a testimony:

I was raised in a Christian household and very involved in the church growing up. As a teen and young adult, strayed a bit, but after marriage and the birth of my son, started attending church regularly again. Went through a divorce, but continued taking my son to church where he was in choir, was a crucifer and acolyte, belonged to youth group, etc. and I taught Sunday School.

Five years ago, my whole life was shattered however, when my son (my only child) was killed while away at college (straight A student with a very bright future). I went through a "dark" period alternating between denial, anger, then extreme, overwhelming sadness and depression. I was mad at God for letting this happen to my precious child.
Then I started praying and reading my Bible, talked to my pastor, attended grief counselling group sessions, and I started seeing the light and coming out of that suffocating darkness.

I now have Christ in my life even stronger than before, he is my Saviour and my Life...He is leading me into greener pastures. Because of my renewed faith...my rebirth, I:

1) pray more often - many times each day - for everything, especially to give thanks for my many blessings, including 19 wonderful years with my son
2) can't do enough to help people, in a quiet unannounced way - not for recognition, but to truly help out when I can.
3) counsel young people who are in trouble through a volunteer program set up by our local solicitor's office
4) have become a trained grief counselor through our police chaplaincy
5) treat each child in my classroom as if they were my own...have much more patience now
6) do not want to be around people who curse/swear and do not want to hear it on the radio or TV (it never used to bother me)
7)will not watch movies or programs with sexual or violent content...it just seems so dirty and disgusting
8) don't sweat the small stuff
9) don't get angry (well not often anyway...)
10) am bothered that some of my loved ones don't know the Lord like I do....I want to see them all in Heaven where we can spend Eternity together
11) Feel at peace within myself and feel truly blessed for each day
12) Have been able to forgive the ones who killed my son (he was shot and killed during an armed robbery), even though they have not been apprehended by the police yet. If Jesus could forgive, then so can I.

I handed my burdens to the Lord and have been lighter and happier ever since. God is good!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:48 PM

7,768 posts, read 9,703,264 times
Salt and light....you folks are salt and light.

By reading these posts it's quite evident that all of you change the atmosphere of where you are.

I'm so blessed to be in a family of believers like this.

God bless you. Your lives are testimonies to the greatness of God.

All of you can boast in the Lord!!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 AM

392 posts, read 41,626 times
First and foremost, my soul is going to heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity