Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 05:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It is beyond a shadow of doubt for whom He was sent; each and every one of us.
Amen to that my friend! Jesus was sent for all creation:

Rom 8:20 for to vanity was the creation made subject--not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it --in hope,
Rom 8:21 that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;
Rom 8:22 for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.
Rom 8:23 And not only so , but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting--the redemption of our body;
Rom 8:24 for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for it ?

The operative phrase here is IN HOPE.

A little more heartburn for sciota and HotInAZ, ya think?...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
"He that believes on me, as the Scriptures have spoken, out of His belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Which reduces the water brash or heartburn.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:42 AM

46 posts, read 61,152 times
Please take a look at this and be read for a lot of link clicking and reading. I hope this will begin to help you collect your thoughts.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rubyybur/The%20Eons%20or%20Ages.htm

Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Lightbulb Chart of god's plan for the ages of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwtodd View Post
Please take a look at this and be read for a lot of link clicking and reading. I hope this will begin to help you collect your thoughts.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rubyybur/The%20Eons%20or%20Ages.htm
CHART OF GOD'S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME

That is a really nifty little chart Bob.

Love it!!!

I hope others will take the time to check it out and think about it.

Also, why not everybody check out why it is no problem for our God Who is love in essence (not just loving) to successfully influence man's will for his own good?!
aboutfreewillnote

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-14-2010 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-14-2010, 08:52 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
In other words, dear Eusebius, I sciota really don't have a good answer for you so I have to resort to put-downsl
No brother.....that isn't the case...it is just you an I have been over this and that is the case at hand.....the questions you asked all deal with symbolic and allegoric language. You can't take them literally, and woodenly. You have to search the scritpures for that answer....they are there...I have shown you...would you like me to show you again?

I am not fond of the wash, rinse, repeat cycle. UR is famous for it.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
That's just it sciota, I do accept (embrace and believe) the full justice of the Lord that was put upon Christ in my stead. Jesus died for me, the sinner. The just for the unjust. Justice has been fully served by Christ's death for me, as well as all sinners.
We agree. It was put in your stead, but is salvation and eternal life an inheritance for you personally, while you are in disbelief and if you remain that way?

Quote:
Actually, it's the ETer's that do not actually believe that God imputed the sinners sin to His son, and therein accomplished justice upon Christ, on the sinners behalf.
Through faith, righteousness is imputed.

Quote:
You equate being saved with being regenerated. That's not the case my friend. We ARE SAVED, RECONCILED TO GOD, AND JUSTIFIED BY CHRIST alone, and this happens prior to our being regenerated. Regeneration happens in time and is the beginning of our sanctification PROCESS that culminates in our final glory. Regeneration brings faith to us that embraces the truth of our justification by Christ alone.
You are incorrect. All these characteristcs lead to salvation, and hold salvation steadfast. Regeneration is not separate from salvation, it is part of salvation. Being reconciled to God is to have faith in Christ, another pre-requisite for salvation. We are justified by faith alone in Christ, not for merely existing in disbelief. Saving faith brings regeneration. There are several problems with the belief that regeneration precedes faith. It does not theologically comprehend the nature of justification. It does not theologically comprehend the correlation between regeneration and sanctification. It is not sufficiently cross-centered or Christocentric. It downplays the seriousness and nature of man’s deadness in sin. It does not seriously consider the necessity and implications of union with Jesus Christ with regards to all spiritual blessings. The Bible is clear that we are justified by faith in Jesus Christ. Not even Calvinists will argue with that. One only needs to read Rom 3:21-5:21 and Gal 3 to plainly establish that God justifies on the basis of faith. This forgiveness and righteousness rests solely on the merits of Christ’s blood, and is enjoyed only by those who come to be in union with Him, through Christ's blood.

In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith

To claim that regeneration precedes faith, is to claim that God can give life apart from the blood of His Son, which is contradictory the scripture itself and of His very nature. It is to claim that God gives life prior to the removal of sin. Since it is sin that causes spiritual death, our sin must first be removed through Christ’s blood before God can give us life. As long as sin remains, death remains. If God can bestow life, regenerate, apart from the the application of Christ’s blood, then the atonement becomes less than the necessary means by which a holy God reconciles sinners to Himself ...see Rom 5:10 and Col 1:21-23. For this reason, the doctrine is not sufficiently Christocentric, and does not theologically comprehend the nature and necessity of justification, in which it ignores the necessity of union with Christ for salvation, and downplays the seriousness of sins deadly effects.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Hebrews 9:28: "so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
Not all.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Not all.
That is correct,,,not all. But I am sure they will discount this verse along with the countless others to throw forth their doctrines.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:41 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Lightbulb The many

Quote:
It is beyond a shadow of doubt for whom He was sent; each and every one of us.

Romans 3:23: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
Romans 3:24: "and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Romans 3:25: "God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--"

Romans 5:6: "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly."
Romans 5:7: "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die."
Romans 5:8: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:9: "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!"
Romans 5:10: "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"
Romans 5:11: "Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."

Romans 5:18: "Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men."
Romans 5:19: "For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

Romans 6:10: "The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, He lives to God."

1 Corinthians 6:20: "you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

1 Corinthians 7:23: "You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men."

Galatians 1:3: "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,"
Galatians 1:4: "who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,"

Galatians 2:20: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Galatians 3:13: "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.""

Galatians 4:4: "But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,"
Galatians 4:5: "to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons."

Colossians 1:19: "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,"
Colossians 1:20: "and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."
Colossians 1:21: "Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior."
Colossians 1:22: "But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--"

1 Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"
1 Timothy 2:6: "who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time."

Titus 2:13: "while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,"
Titus 2:14: "who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

Hebrews 2:17: "For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people."

Hebrews 9:11: "When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation."
Hebrews 9:12: "He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption."
Hebrews 9:13: "The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean."

Hebrews 9:14: "How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

Hebrews 9:15: "For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant."

Hebrews 9:24: "For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence."
Hebrews 9:25: "Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own."
Hebrews 9:26: "Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself."
Hebrews 9:27: "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,"
Hebrews 9:28: "so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

Hebrews 10:9: "Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second."
Hebrews 10:10: "And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
Hebrews 10:11: "Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins."
Hebrews 10:12: "But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God."

1 Peter 1:18: "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,"
1 Peter 1:19: "but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect."

1 Peter 2:24: "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

1 John 1:7: "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

1 John 2:1: "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:2: "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

1 John 4:10: "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
Romans 5:19: "For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

The one disobedient man (Adam), and the One righteous Man (Christ) are put in a class by themselves. They are in contrast with "the many."

We may put it as follows:

The one disobedient man plus "the many" equals all mankind made sinners.
The One obedient Man plus "the many" equals all mankind made righteous.

That "the one" plus "the many" made sinners includes all mankind no one will deny.
Even so, "the One" plus "the many" made righteous is all-inclusive and guarantees the salvation of all mankind.

1 Timothy 2:6 clearly indicates that Jesus is a “correspondent ransom for all (the testimony in its own eras)," but His serving as a Ransom is not made manifest to everyone at the same time, but over time throughout multiple eras.
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwade
hebrews 9:28: "so christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks
not all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotinaz View Post
that is correct,,,not all. but i am sure they will discount this verse along with the countless others to throw forth their doctrines.
"For the anxious longing of all creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the Sons of God."

Specially, that of the SON, but who will believe our report.
Obviously, not the both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity