Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Ironmaw....I don't question that at all...but one must be born again....what does this entail? When one confesses? Or not? Then a man is born again....Christ said...I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, no?

There is a step process....man believes...he is born again.
Man does not, and I have never said, is responsible for his salvation. God gifts man with salvation for his belief...it is right there, in red.
Man believes only because God has made Jesus "choice" in his heart.

COOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice
(scroll down and read under the title "CHOOSING CHRIST")

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-06-2010 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
God has made Jesus "choice" in his heart.
Do you have any scripture, to back this philosophy up?

Old 11-06-2010, 11:10 AM

Lightbulb Choosing what is choice

Quote:
Do you have any scripture, to back this philosophy up?
All of the scriptures are here

COOSING WHAT IS CHOICE

Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Ironmaw....I don't question that at all...but one must be born again....what does this entail? When one confesses? Or not? Then a man is born again....Christ said...I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, no?

There is a step process....man believes...he is born again.
Man does not, and I have never said, is responsible for his salvation. God gifts man with salvation for his belief...it is right there, in red.

Yes... But your getting the cart before the horse.

Haven't you noticed that one who is born again and then believes, like Paul, lives?

None of the scriptures argue against the fact that one must first be born again before one will believe. If you believe you will live, and if your are alive you will believe.

None of them.

Quote all day long, it will amount to the same thing. One must first be born of the spirit, in order to even comprehend the things of the spirit.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yes... But your getting the cart before the horse.

Haven't you noticed that one who is born again and then believes, like Paul, lives?

None of the scriptures argue against the fact that one must first be born again before one will believe. If you believe you will live, and if your are alive you will believe.

None of them.

Quote all day long, it will amount to the same thing. One must first be born of the spirit, in order to even comprehend the things of the spirit.
Ironmaw,

You misunderstand Paul's conversion. He believed because he saw what was revealed to Him of Christ...he understood who He was and what He was talking about.....the process is almost instantaneous...but being born again...is a result of belief. The scriptures tesify this in great detail.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Default What the scriptures reveal

Quote:
Ironmaw,

You misunderstand Paul's conversion. He believed because he saw what was revealed to Him of Christ...he understood who He was and what He was talking about.....the process is almost instantaneous...but being born again...is a result of belief. The scriptures tesify this in great detail.
No, the scriptures reveal just the opposite, "in great detail."

COOSING WHAT IS CHOICE

Come to think of it, it would be better to start right at the beginning of the exposition.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-06-2010 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchance3 View Post
I think I have to agree with this. If Jesus wasn't talking about the man's actions (which could be why he used birth to explain that spiritual principle), then the idea that the man could take action to facilitate his salvation would be an incorrect assumption.

Maybe what Jesus could be saying is if flesh births flesh and spirit does the same with spirit than a person without spirit would have a difficult time trying to produce spirit. Therefore they'd have to be "born again" by some other means other than themselves (via Jesus). JMO

:But you know what, I think that the question (if answered) that could help me undstand what Jesus was saying is whether or not spirit is required to except Jesus?

I apologize if I'm off topic. I don't really understand (full or hyper) preterism mostly because I learned Christianity thru the opposing view so it somewhat makes my head spend to think about the bible along those lines. Therefore I can't, in good conscience, add any ideas to the op.
Hi Jchance, welcome to the forum.

I believe that the spirit in required to accept Jesus, and i believe that an be proven scripturally.

there are many who are not even yet born again of the spirit who profess to believe, but they only provide lip service.

In order to truly believe, one must first be born of the spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:6-16
We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him”
but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment:
“For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-06-2010 at 11:55 AM..

Old 11-06-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
All of the scriptures are here

COOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
A poor example of an exegesis at that.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
When ever the Lord opens the eyes of man there is only going to be one outcome.....he's going to believe.
The scriptures are clear we are blind and in darkness

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

Old 11-06-2010, 11:46 AM

Lightbulb An excellent examply of a true exegesis

Quote:
A poor example of an exegesis at that.
Everyone has an opinion.
Personally, I think it's a most excellent example of a true exegesis!
In fact, it's the only conclusion that gives all the glory to God.

Let everyone else decide for themselves.

COOSING WHAT IS CHOICE

Come to think of it, it would be better to start right at the beginning of the exposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity