U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,777,173 times
Reputation: 11309

Advertisements

This morning I'm pissed off. And I haven't moved my bum into the shower to get ready for the Sunday service. And It's 12:34 and they had already begun the last Sunday mass for the day. They have Spanish mass at 2:30 and frankly, that language drives me bananas

This is one of the rarest of the rare Sundays in my adult life that I've missed the Sunday mass. And I'm not happy about it. Is this a big offence?

Am planning to go catch on some benediction tonight. How do catholics feel about intentionally skipping the Sabbath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:52 PM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,319,355 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This morning I'm pissed off. And I haven't moved my bum into the shower to get ready for the Sunday service. And It's 12:34 and they had already begun the last Sunday mass for the day. They have Spanish mass at 2:30 and frankly, that language drives me bananas

This is one of the rarest of the rare Sundays in my adult life that I've missed the Sunday mass. And I'm not happy about it. Is this a big offence?

Am planning to go catch on some benediction tonight. How do catholics feel about intentionally skipping the Sabbath?
Even if you attend Mass every day of your life, on your deathbed you won't know if you're accepted by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,777,173 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Even if you attend Mass every day of your life, on your deathbed you won't know if you're accepted by God.
Tell me something I don't know of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 PM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,319,355 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Tell me something I don't know of
You know that?

Oh dear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,777,173 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
You know that?

Oh dear.
Well, it always percolates down to the "you're still a douchebag even if you attend mass every day". I get that. You can find a 1000 people in the other forums here who will unanimously vote aye on that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,319,355 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Well, it always percolates down to the "you're still a douchebag even if you attend mass every day". I get that. You can find a 1000 people in the other forums here who will unanimously vote aye on that
Presumably you also know that people who do this (attend Mass) should not call themselves Christians?

(To say nothing of using language of that sort.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:18 PM
 
3,115 posts, read 2,283,035 times
Reputation: 479
Is Sunday the Sabbath Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:23 PM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,319,355 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is Sunday the Sabbath Day?
If it was, a lot of people would save on central heating, lighting and computer use! Sabbatarianism will save the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,777,173 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Presumably you also know that people who do this (attend Mass) should not call themselves Christians?

(To say nothing of using language of that sort.)
Man, in case you're still wondering, this thread is all about my guilt trip.

I am unable to get over the fact that I intentionally skipped the Sabbath, having striven to stick to it much of my adult life.

Unlike pcamps, I call myself a christian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
 
1,243 posts, read 1,319,355 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Unlike pcamps, I call myself a christian
At least the other guy is consistent. One cannot call oneself a Christian until one knows that one is accepted by Christ- 'in Christ'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top