U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,177,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I didn't say those verses spoke of an afterlife. Those verses speak of God's nature. You seem to be having trouble focusing on the subjects.
You still haven't grasped 1 Corinthians 15 have you?
Actually in order for your definition of eternal life to be valid as "eternal" you would have to be including the afterlife... I thought that was what you said...

Perhaps I was mistaken and you are saying eternal only pertains to this lifetime....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:07 AM

5,210 posts, read 2,879,395 times
So Eusebius,

You are saying that Earthly Nations will inherit Zoe AIONIOS?

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Actually in order for your definition of eternal life to be valid as "eternal" you would have to be including the afterlife... I thought that was what you said...

Perhaps I was mistaken and you are saying eternal only pertains to this lifetime....
No Kat, I am saying that eternal life is the gift that God blesses us with when we accept His son as our savior. From that point forward, although our physical body dies, we will not suffer death, because we are clothed with an incorruptible body at the point of savlation that goes on eternally.

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM

9,201 posts, read 3,898,500 times
Quote:
So Eusebius,

You are saying that Earthly Nations will inherit Zoe AIONIOS?
No but they will get aionios zoe.

In Matthew 25:31-46, the nation doesn't inherit anything due to someone dying. It gets what it gets due to giving a glass of water to one of Christ's brethren.

So sciotamicks, you are saying that a nation can get eternal life, not for believing Christ died for them but for merely giving a cup of water to a Jewish believer?

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:27 AM

9,201 posts, read 3,898,500 times
Quote:
No Kat, I am saying that eternal life is the gift that God blesses us with when we accept His son as our savior. From that point forward, although our physical body dies, we will not suffer death, because we are clothed with an incorruptible body at the point of savlation that goes on eternally.
sciotamicks, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 doesn't say we have an incorruptible body now but when the last trump occurrs then we will be changed and then put on incorruption and immortality.

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:41 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,177,017 times
Quote:
"although our physical body dies"

So after death....beyond death.. that is what I said. When your physical body dies what will the rest of us who are left call it? DEATH?

So you do indeed refer to after death when you have absolutely no way of knowing what occurs then... right?

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"although our physical body dies"

So after death....beyond death.. that is what I said. When your physical body dies what will the rest of us who are left call it? DEATH?

So you do indeed refer to after death when you have absolutely no way of knowing what occurs then... right?
Paul tells us. We have victory over death in Jesus. Those without, don't have that victory. Because I have my incorruptible body now, I will not feel the sting of death. This was the whole purpose of the resurrection and Parousia, the gift was given to those in Christ from that point forward.

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
sciotamicks, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 doesn't say we have an incorruptible body now but when the last trump occurrs then we will be changed and then put on incorruption and immortality.
The last trump already happened Eusebius...remember, I am a Full Preterist.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:02 PM

1,144 posts, read 822,418 times
Quote:
The last trump already happened Eusebius...remember, I am a Full Preterist.
yet you have no immortal body, have you?

this alone shows the folly and ridiculousness of full preterism, what about the Messianic kingdom e.g.?, in your assumption this kingdom is already present for 2000 years, isn't it? - the Messianic kingdom should be heaven on earth, this world has often more likely been hell on earth and you claim the Messianic kingdom is already present, what about the prophecies of the prophets? - nothing of this seems to be fullfilled in the present world, yet you claim all prophecies have already been fullfilled, none of this makes sense.

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM

2,933 posts, read 1,925,023 times
Quote:
So you are clothed at the same time with BOTH an incorruptible and and corruptible body? -- I do not see that any where in the scriptures.

To me that seems a logical impossibility. Resurrection is raising from the dead........ We are still in our mortal bodies, how can we have an immortal body as well?

How I see it is the aionios life is continuing life and will endure past death, the physical death - there is no actual end point in mind, neither finite or infinite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity