Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does believing in UR send you to hell?
Yes. 10 31.25%
No. 12 37.50%
I'm a UR or CI. 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

UR is heresy, and heretics have no part in God's kingdom.

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Titus 3:10
10 A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Why not? If God can send billions of humans to hell for not living up to a standard that they are by nature incapable of, ...
God gives His children the power to walk holy paths; this power comes through the faith in Jesus' blood. Whosoever desires God, he/she can come and drink the water of life freely. So, there's no excuse for sinners who wind up in hell.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,819 times
from an ET point of view I could understand that they believe biblical universalists go to hell, but according to this view, some saints of the church might be in hell also, e.g. Gregory of Nyssa

if I were an annihilationist I would believe that those who teach ET will be annihilated as JW e.g. teach it, for they malign the name of God and turn many away from God.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
It is for God to decide who goes to heaven, and who goes to hell. I think there are people who have been saved, but currently believe in UR. It is for God to decide what happens to them. UR in itself will not get anyone to heaven because according to UR one does not have to believe in anything, since everyone goes to heaven, even Hitler.

The problem with the UR crowd is that they attempt to lead people astray by spreading a belief that one is not required to believe in Christ in order to be saved. Those who have never been saved and believe that UR message are doomed for hell and the UR people who convinced them of such teaching will have to answer to God for it.

So, going to heaven depends on your salvation, and it is possible that a UR person will go to heaven because he/she was once saved and later became a UR believer. However, the people who were led astray by the UR message, and never believed in John 3:16 message will go to hell.

The UR preacher himself may (or may not) be going to heaven, but his congregation will not unless they make a personal decision to give their lives to Christ.

Belief in UR alone won't save anyone.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,819 times
Quote:
The problem with the UR crowd is that they attempt to lead people astray by spreading a belief that one is not required to believe in Christ in order to be saved. Those who have never been saved and believe that UR message are doomed for hell and the UR people who convinced them of such teaching will have to answer to God for it.
this would then be not "biblical universalism" but rather Unitarian universalism or a pluralist belief system, I agree that the term universalism is misleading, apokatastasis - its historical name or reconciliation of the whole [universe] (Col. 1:20) would be less ambiguous and more scriptural terms though the effect is the same eventually.

see also here:

Universalism - The False Kind

The Restitution of All Things

Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
Why not? If God can send billions of humans to hell for not living up to a standard that they are by nature incapable of, then yes, URists can also burn.

Hallelujah!

LOL

If God actually DID send billions to hell for all of eternity, frankly, I want no part of Him. Even Hitler showed more compassion than that.

It will take an act of God to wake up the dead ET'ers but that act of God is coming and coming soon.

Hallelujah!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times
Many of believe different interpretations of the bible, and some of us, keep growing and getting more spirit filled . . . and the Word reveals to us a newer, different, or deeper meaning.

Believing in UR does not send you to hell . . . . if the spirit shows us that UR is not true . . but our flesh fights it . . . . or if ET is not true, yet we stick to our guns to be "right" . . . then that is wrong . . .

We need to study for ourselves to show ourselves approved . . .and be guided by the Holy Spirit . .

We are all given a different light . . . . we are all brother's and sisters in Christ (if we believe Christ is a diety/the Messiah/Saviour, not if we think he was a prophet, or a good man) . . . . I am Not a URer or an ETer . . . . but have studied both . . . . .I am a lover of Christ, I await His coming, I seek more of him everyday . .. . if my interpretations or doctrine is wrong . . . but my heart is right . . . . . . that is what matters . .

What I think is wrong is the meanness and self-righteousness in thinking we have all the truth . . . . all the time . . . . and judging other's on issues like the afterlife . . . . Christ should be our All in All, period . . . . and we should strive to be more like him each and every day . . . . the rest we should debate . . . but always keep our hearts open to learn more of the truth, and learn from eachother . . . . but guided by the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Why not? If God can send billions of humans to hell for not living up to a standard that they are by nature incapable of, then yes, URists can also burn.

Hallelujah!
I have one up on most URers.. I know I won't burn... I live in Washington... I'm too water logged. I'll have to dry out a little.

Joke:

A man dies and is denied entry to the gates of heaven so he is sent to the waiting area for hell where he sees the devil with two piles of bodies next to the furnace. One of the demons is chucking men and women into the furnace from the larger pile. The man asks Satan what the other pile is. Satan says, "These are the Washingtonians.. they are too wet to burn."

Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I have one up on most URers.. I know I won't burn... I live in Washington... I'm too water logged. I'll have to dry out a little.

Joke:

A man dies and is denied entry to the gates of heaven so he is sent to the waiting area for hell where he sees the devil with two piles of bodies next to the furnace. One of the demons is chucking men and women into the furnace from the larger pile. The man asks Satan what the other pile is. Satan says, "These are the Washingtonians.. they are too wet to burn."

Hi Kat....I am from Vancouver, BC - They will have a hard time drying me out as well.....

More importantly though, God's Love within me - it can never be burned away

Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Hi Kat....I am from Vancouver, BC - They will have a hard time drying me out as well.....

More importantly though, God's Love within me - it can never be burned away
LOL how is it up there? We were hoping to get some revenue from the games but alas.. I don't think that happened.

Right you are! God's love is burned INTO us and can't rightly be burned OUT...

More accurately the fire of God will burn his love INTO those poor hell bound souls.

And what prophet was it that dumped 12 pots of water on the wood of the altar and God's fire still burned the wet wood? Reminded me of this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity