Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does believing in UR send you to hell?
Yes. 10 31.25%
No. 12 37.50%
I'm a UR or CI. 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times

Advertisements

I believe if someone continually believes in UR after being shown in the Bible why UR isn't true, then yes, I do believe they will go to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I believe if someone continually believes in UR after being shown in the Bible why UR isn't true, then yes, I do believe they will go to hell.
Just curious, why do you believe that?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just curious, why do you believe that?
I do not believe that they are true Christians. Just like you don't believe we are.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:42 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
I do not believe that they are true Christians. Just like you don't believe we are.
Ok, thanks for sharing what you believe.

But...wait..hey there, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that about you.

I don't normally use the word "christian" anyway.
"Christian" is just a label that has come to mean MANY things.
"Christian" is a label that has been battered and deep-fried in a big pan of hot, bubbling confusion.

I don't like labels. I really, really don't.
Even "ET" and "UR" labels don't sit well with me, to be honest.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Ok, thanks for sharing what you believe.

But...wait..hey there, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that about you.

I don't normally use the word "christian" anyway.
"Christian" is just a label that has come to mean MANY things.
"Christian" is a label that has been battered and deep-fried in a big pan of hot, bubbling confusion.

I don't like labels. I really, really don't.
Even "ET" and "UR" labels don't sit well with me, to be honest.
I don't mean 'you' personally, I mean you as in universalists. Sorry, I should have clarified.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. When I meet people and they say they are Christian, like it's a nationality, I ask them what they believe. My Mormon family calls themselves Christians too.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:02 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
You stated on this board about salvation, that "It's simple." You stated that you just have to believe in Jesus. Apparently, you have come to a new set of beliefs, CW2L.

Why can't you see that if you are going to accuse UR of anything, that it should be that we have TOO MUCH faith in Jesus and the power of the cross, that we give God TOO MUCH credit for His love, mercy, and grace? IF we are wrong, we are only guilty for loving Him too much.

When I stand before the Lord, I'll gladly tell him that I believed that Jesus was the Savior of the World, and that He was not going to lose any of the people who he came to save, that his death, burial and resurrection made all alive, and that God was going to reconcile all to Himself because he loves all His creation, that he created for his own pleasure. If God tells me that I was wrong, I'll humbly ask for his forgiveness for misinterpreting the scriptures, and I have no doubt that He will forgive me.

By the way, I think God torturing people is just as likely as the earth being flat, but I could be wrong..........

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 03-27-2010 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: P.S.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
You stated on this board about salvation, that "It's simple." You stated that you just have to believe in Jesus. Apparently, you have come to a new set of beliefs, CW2L.

Why can't you see that if you are going to accuse UR of anything, that it should be that we have TOO MUCH faith in Jesus and the power of the cross, that we give God TOO MUCH credit for His love, mercy, and grace? IF we are wrong, we are only guilty for loving Him too much.

When I stand before the Lord, I'll gladly tell him that I believed that Jesus was the Savior of the World, and that He was not going to lose any of the people who he came to save, that his death, burial and resurrection made all alive, and that God was going to reconcile all to Himself because he loves all His creation, that he created for his own pleasure. If God tells me that I was wrong, I'll humbly ask for his forgiveness for misinterpreting the scriptures, and I have no doubt that He will forgive me.

By the way, I think God torturing people is just as likely as the earth being flat, but I could be wrong..........
Mormons say they believe in Jesus. Are they saved? NO.

I believe that UR is completely going against the Bible and is not of God. I do not believe a true Christian would believe in something that is heresy. I believe they are deceived by Satan and were never saved. I do not believe they ever knew Him. Many think they are saved, but will not be. Matthew 7:21-23.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:

I believe that UR is completely going against the Bible and is not of God. I do not believe a true Christian would believe in something that is heresy. I believe they are deceived by Satan and were never saved. I do not believe they ever knew Him. Many think they are saved, but will not be. Matthew 7:21-23.
Just in case you're wrong, you might want to go ahead and get something prepared to say when you stand before God and He asks you why, after He revealed his true nature in the Bible (and with all those names ), and told you that He IS love, and His mercies are new every morning, and that He would go out and find the last lost sheep, and that He sent Jesus not to condemn the world, but to save it, and that HE is a consuming fire - why - did you accuse Him all your life of being a God that would torture most of the people who he knit together in their mothers' wombs. The good news is, He will forgive you, just like he showed Paul mercy BECAUSE OF his ignorance and unbelief.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:05 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:

Do you believe that God is unable to take away sins or doesn't desire to take away sins?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 AM

200 posts, read 307,972 times
God is the judge.

And if he decided not to let anyone go to hell I would be happy...even though I don't think it works that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity