U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 PM

354 posts, read 677,625 times

Advertisements

while there are many debates on whether Jesus exist. i am curious why the existence of Mary and Joseph were never questioned. especially of Mary, without her, Jesus will not be born. were there studies on their existence? i also just read the famous apparitions of Mary. i also just read this post:

101 Reasons We Are In The End Times

and this made me look. since i just read famous apparitions of Mary..

A woman, who is an impostor, would call herself queen and head the global counterfeit church in the last days (Revelation 17; 18:7). Tens of millions follow the apparition of Mary, who is regarded as the Mother of the Church, the Lady of All Nations, the Co-Redemptrix, and the Queen of Heaven and Earth.

See:
-Apparitions of Mary (eternal productions)
to read the book and view the video Messages From Heaven.
-Pope Says: Mary Helps Us to Open Up Our Hearts to God's Will (ewtn)
-Pope Says: Mary Loves Us As She Loves Her Divine Son (ewtn)
-Pope Stresses Need to Pray the Rosary-Urges Confidence in the Virgin Mary (zenit)
-John Paul II Entrusts Future of Europe to Mary (zenit)

so my brain is like.... whoa.... i am a catholic, and at every end of rosary we had this litany of diff titles of Mary which is a mouthful.... with the same response... pray for us.

i was like... they were all Mama Mary right? and all have same essence as for Mary to pray for us... and that is AFTER all the hail marys on the rosary... i mean i wonder if Mama Mary is laughing with all these repetitions.. calling her diff names... i am a catholic and i find the ridiculousness of it.

and even though my brain is fuzzy with all these contradictions i just read... i still believe Mary has a VERY important role in the salvation of mankind - which is she gave birth to Jesus.

why is it also that Mary has many apparitions and EVERYtime... she response with diff titles as her name? and why does she have diff titles? Jesus or Joseph does not have those. i know there are also reported apparitions of Jesus particularly the divine mercy through Sis Faustina ... i don't think Jesus gave Himself diff name or title on that apparition.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. (Isa 2:11)

Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,958,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. (Isa 2:11)
I agree.

And as a Catholic I believe ANY so called apparition, vision, meditation, etc.. of Mary

should validate your bolded letters.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:19 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I agree.

And as a Catholic I believe ANY so called apparition, vision, meditation, etc.. of Mary

should validate your bolded letters.
Not me - the OP's words of exaltation for a servant girl is idolatry, imo - plain and simple.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:40 PM

354 posts, read 677,625 times
huh? i actually am questioning the reported apparitions. and those ridiculous diff names and titles of her. it is a fact that MAry was important even with Jesus - she made her son perform the very first miracle even if He said it is not yet time. He can't say no to her. but i am not idolizing her. just stating facts. and i am asking why her existence is not questioned. just Jesus' which makes no sense. don't u think?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
Yes Mary is noted in the Word of God 19 times in the Gospels and once in the book of Acts of The Holy Spirit book..... Joseph is in the Word of God 15 times.......... Joseph was a father of Jesus, but he gave no seed of flesh to bring Jesus into being..... His purpose was to bring Jesus in to being by a spiritual faith father to Jesus as was Josephs father and his fathers father right back to Adam as in the scripture .. Matthew 1: 1-16 .......Genesis 11:11-26 ....Genesis 5: 3-32 all these people who lived were the Spiritual faith Fathers of Jesus Christ........Mary had no seed of Flesh for the birth of Jesus for the seed of Flesh and seed of the spirit came by Holy Spirit... Marys purpose was to birth Jesus to the earth and to bring him up in the world and give him a purpose for the Lord God............ The apparitions of Mary for the Church is only a symbol of the Mother Mary that birthed Jesus, ... the Apparitions of the visions of Mary are the works of Holy Spirit to bring blessing to the church with faith in the virgin with The Lord spirit came activated faith to bless the church ..... The Virgin bring honor to Jesus and all who have faith will be blessed........ Heaven honors the family and if you honor Mary you honors the Family of God and the Children of the Lord God........

Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM

24 posts, read 29,235 times
I don't think Catholics actually realize the beliefs that true Catholic Dontrine state. Catholics often refer to Mary as the "Mother of God". Catholics routinely pray to Mary. Catholics believe that Mary was divine and without sin. None of these beliefs are found in scripture, yet Catholics actually believe this nonsense...

Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,211 times
The Bible says so and that is enough for me.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The Bible says so and that is enough for me.
Me too

Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,486,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&FServant View Post
I don't think Catholics actually realize the beliefs that true Catholic Dontrine state. Catholics often refer to Mary as the "Mother of God". Catholics routinely pray to Mary. Catholics believe that Mary was divine and without sin. None of these beliefs are found in scripture, yet Catholics actually believe this nonsense...
You should learn what Catholics actually believe. Because we CERTAINLY don't believe Mary is divine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or