Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 05:14 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ain't that swell. Tell them, just so that they know that they are saved no matter what. Again, it sounds purposeless to me.

The Bible has a different reason, It says you should preach the word, because without it, people are condemned. This is a key difference, and a core belief which you omit from your religion.

Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned
Yes there is judgment that is why the gospel needs to be preached.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Fin you need to read what I wrote again, I never said anything about unbeleivers or christians being saved already, I said everyone is RECONCILED already. Full salvation only come when we have endured unto the end.
According to UR every sinner will be saved after death.

Once again - purposeless preaching.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Finn

The core is that the wages of sin is death not eternal torture
Ah, ok so you think it means that if you believe in Christ, then you will not die?

Surely you can't be serious.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:22 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
They cannot hear you because you are talking to hardened hearts.

What happened to them?

The hardening of the heart is a conscious decision to disbelief the word of God. The URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers, but then got to a point where they could not bear the truth anymore, and they turned away. They call it 'awakening', but it is nothing less than turning away from the truth.

They should not have done so.

And then it is just goes downhill from there. Once you turn away, you live in sin, and refuse to repent. And why should they repent? After all, they believe that they will be saved regardless. Their hearts become even harder, and they become stubborn and refuse to listen

And once they have become convinced about the correctness of their decision to turn away, they become proud, and begin to claim that anyone who still believes in the Bible is lost, and a believer of a 'twisted and hateful' message. You see this here every day.

And then they begin their mission to draw as many as possible away from the light. They become false prophets, and this is the part God will be the least happy about.
I agree with all of this. My heart aches for them.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:

Once agaib - purposeless preaching.
You assume this life (and the preaching) offers no purpose. We all have to learn how to love. That is what this life is for. The preaching is part of it. Faith comes by hearing, but how will one have faith if he hasn't heard? God uses the foolishness of preaching to bring people to Him.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Ain't that swell. Tell them, just so that they know that they are saved no matter what. Again, it sounds purposeless to me.

The Bible has a different reason, It says you should preach the word, because without it, people are condemned. This is a key difference, and a core belief which you omit from your religion.

Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned

God did not condemn man he condemned sin in the flesh

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man.

He condemned the very thing that was condemning sinful man

Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:

Once agaib - purposeless preaching.
Not AFTER death Fin, OUT OF DEATH

Read Rev.22 you will see AFTER ALL JUDGEMENT has been passed, those WITHOUT the gate are allowed to enter the gate if they keep His commandment and are allowed to drink of the water of life freely.

Fin those WITHOUT the gates are in DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yes there is judgment that is why the gospel needs to be preached.
Then you people are doing a poor job at preaching, because all I get from your is that every sinner will be saved.

So, now you're saying people have to pay for their sins? What kind of punishement are we talking about, and which verse talks about it?

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

The only difference is in the lack of imagination about what the consequences for an evil life might possibly be. The idea of an eternal consequence for a finite life is absurdly lopsided . . . add in the torment or torture aspect and it becomes completely ludicrous. An unending consequence has no purpose . . . it cannot correct anything nor does it equate to anything but vengeance for vengeance sake eternally. What a sick perverted consequence that is.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:28 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I agree with all of this. My heart aches for them.
CW2L, how did your name get written in the book of LIFE?

what state were you in when this happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity