Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I wrong if I use medical marijuana?
Yes 6 9.38%
No 58 90.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:22 PM

62 posts, read 121,866 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, it's me again, live and direct. I was born with glaucoma in both eyes that has left me legally blind in my eight eye and visually limited in my left. I know in several states it is legal to use marijuana for medical reasons, and in Colorado and Washington you can use it recreationally.

However the Bible states to stay with a sober mind. But marijuana is organically grown and is only dried, yet the eyedrops I am subscribed have to go through NUMEROUS processes to be made and have given me various side effects. If I use it, I would want to live in a state that legalized medical usage and I would get it by legal means.

My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 09:35 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
Hey guys, it's me again, live and direct. I was born with glaucoma in both eyes that has left me legally blind in my eight eye and visually limited in my left. I know in several states it is legal to use marijuana for medical reasons, and in Colorado and Washington you can use it recreationally.

However the Bible states to stay with a sober mind. But marijuana is organically grown and is only dried, yet the eyedrops I am subscribed have to go through NUMEROUS processes to be made and have given me various side effects. If I use it, I would want to live in a state that legalized medical usage and I would get it by legal means.

My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?

Of course not.
Cannabis is a gift from God.

It is has been villainized and made illegal for various, nefarious reasons.
Thankfully, public opinion is changing due to the light being shed on it's many therapeutic effects.

The only sin is that is has been used as a WEAPON against people, instead of allowing people to benefit from it.
The only sin is that it has been kept out of the hands of those who need it the most.

Again, thankfully, common sense is starting to prevail.

peace,
sparrow

Old 10-25-2015, 09:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Short answer: NO

Old 10-25-2015, 10:28 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
Seek the council of the holy spirit and he will give you the right answer. My answer is yes, it is completely wrong. But again, I'm not God and I don't know what you're going through. Please pray on it.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
Do you believe that medicine is morally wrong?

Many devout bible believing Christians visit physicians, take medicines, and undergo all kinds of therapies all the time.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:44 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
See medical marijuana is in a raw form of which who have to inhale it which would be very bad for your lungs and cognitive ability ... I really find it odd that that do not refine it and put the Tetrahydrocannabinol in a pill form to consume instead of smoking it which could damage your lungs ......... But this is all that the medical community has to offer for this condition on your eyes that only bring some relief than that is it ....................So you should seek God as Jesus said that `He is stronger when you are weak ` which means that he could heal your condition better than people who rely on the medical community more than Jesus , as they say Jesus is the Great Physician ...... Still any sin is the abuse on the lungs from smoking , and attracting the wrong spirit with the psychological side effects who will enhance the effects

Old 10-26-2015, 05:43 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See medical marijuana is in a raw form of which who have to inhale it which would be very bad for your lungs and cognitive ability ... I really find it odd that that do not refine it and put the Tetrahydrocannabinol in a pill form to consume instead of smoking it which could damage your lungs ......... But this is all that the medical community has to offer for this condition on your eyes that only bring some relief than that is it ....................So you should seek God as Jesus said that `He is stronger when you are weak ` which means that he could heal your condition better than people who rely on the medical community more than Jesus , as they say Jesus is the Great Physician ...... Still any sin is the abuse on the lungs from smoking , and attracting the wrong spirit with the psychological side effects who will enhance the effects

No need for Big Pharma to be involved charging millions for a pill.

Cannabis does not have the same effect as nicotine and the damaging chemicals put into cigarettes which are very dangerous for the lungs..

OP I have no doubt Jesus smoked. Medical MJ is a life saver for people.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post

As far as I am aware there are non-intoxicating variants of it. You might want to try those. According to a recent study marijuana use has increased 100% in the past 10 years in US due to the legalization boom, and 30% of users have disorders from its use. Personally I dot believe God wants you to be in an intoxicated state of mind, which is why the Bible advices against drunkenness.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:51 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As far as I am aware there are non-intoxicating variants of it. You might want to try those. According to a recent study marijuana use has increased 100% in the past 10 years in US due to the legalization boom, and 30% of users have disorders from its use. Personally I dot believe God wants you to be in an intoxicated state of mind, which is why the Bible advices against drunkenness.
Being drunk, and smoking pot are two entirely different things. You do not get intoxicated from smoking pot.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:57 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Being drunk, and smoking pot are two entirely different things. You do not get intoxicated from smoking pot.
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...cle/000952.htm

Marijuana intoxication: Marijuana ("pot") intoxication is the euphoria, relaxation, and sometimes undesirable side effects that can occur when people use marijuana

Marijuana can cause undesirable side effects, which increase with higher doses. These side effects include:
  • Decreased short-term memory
  • Dry mouth
  • Impaired perception and motor skills
  • Red eyes
More serious side effects include panic, paranoia, or acute psychosis, which may be more common with new users or in those who already have a psychiatric disease.

The amount and effect of these side effects varies from person to person, as well as with the amount of marijuana used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity