U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 06:29 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,511,395 times

Advertisements

The difference between faith in Christ and the commitment to Christ is that commit can mean "entrust" as in when a believer declares his or her faith in Him by testifying that "He will do it", but a commitment to Christ is a boast in the flesh as it is a religious believer's declaration of "I will do it" so that he or she will do it by keeping that commitment to do so.

1 Corinthians 10: 1Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you: 2But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Philippians 3: 1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

We are not to boast of any religious striving as if we can overcome the carnal flesh by the religious flesh. We are to be witnesses of the Son in what He has done, is doing, and will finish in according to our faith.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? .....

This is where our confidence rest in.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

But some would spy out our liberty and put forth a religious guantlet as if Jesus does put confidence in our flesh by answering the call to make a commitment to Christ or a commitment to follow Him. We are in a reconciled relationship with God to follow the Son by faith: not by any religious yoke of man. We should not attach a religious rudiment in the world in our walk with Him if others are to see our faith in Him.

John 2: 23Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Matthew 26: 40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? 41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 19: 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

The point here is how we bear witness of our faith in Him as opposing any boast in the flesh so that those that hear will not look to themselves to follow Christ but to Jesus Christ to help them to follow Him by faith alone.

John 5: 31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

1 Corinthians 1: 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

John 6: 28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

So ask yourself which you would rather hear when hearing the Good News for the first time: the faith and hope that is in Jesus Christ to live the christian life as well as to rest in Him for eternal life or... a believer boasting about keeping his or her commitment to Christ or to follow Him?

I testify that if anyone seeks to be justified by keeping that commitment to Christ or the commitment to follow Christ, you have fallen from grace. We are in a relationship based on trust in Him and His Covenant to us as we live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by faith.

Galatians 2: 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3: 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 5: 1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.... 4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

By His grace, I pray that you see this reproof: one that speaks of himself or herself in seeking his or her own glory is bearing false witness which defiles the believer. Repent by asking Jesus to forgive you of your trespass and to help you to be a faithful witness of Him.

Matthew 15: 18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man:

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.
So let us bear witness of the Son and boast of God's Covenant to us so that sinners will be converted to Him as our hopes are on Him for eternal life as well as for living this christian life by faith in Jesus Christ for He is Our Good Shepherd as well as Our Saviour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Status: "To see a world in a grain of sand..." (set 20 hours ago)

11,849 posts, read 10,302,620 times
I liked this post esp the part in blue.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:54 AM

1,883 posts, read 538,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That is a good thing.

As for the rest of it, I wonder if the poster was trying to say something.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:56 AM
Status: "To see a world in a grain of sand..." (set 20 hours ago)

11,849 posts, read 10,302,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
That is a good thing.
As for the rest of it, I wonder if the poster was trying to say something.
I'm sure he wasn't...

Old 10-05-2017, 09:39 AM

14,931 posts, read 6,707,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You have a point, but your poster is way off base in his semantics.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:43 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,562,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
The difference between faith in Christ and the commitment to Christ is that commit can mean "entrust" as in when a believer declares his or her faith in Him by testifying that "He will do it", but a commitment to Christ is a boast in the flesh as it is a religious believer's declaration of "I will do it" so that he or she will do it by keeping that commitment to do so.

1 Corinthians 10: 1Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you: 2But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Philippians 3: 1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

We are not to boast of any religious striving as if we can overcome the carnal flesh by the religious flesh. We are to be witnesses of the Son in what He has done, is doing, and will finish in according to our faith.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? .....

This is where our confidence rest in.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

But some would spy out our liberty and put forth a religious guantlet as if Jesus does put confidence in our flesh by answering the call to make a commitment to Christ or a commitment to follow Him. We are in a reconciled relationship with God to follow the Son by faith: not by any religious yoke of man. We should not attach a religious rudiment in the world in our walk with Him if others are to see our faith in Him.

John 2: 23Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Matthew 26: 40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? 41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 19: 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

The point here is how we bear witness of our faith in Him as opposing any boast in the flesh so that those that hear will not look to themselves to follow Christ but to Jesus Christ to help them to follow Him by faith alone.

John 5: 31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

1 Corinthians 1: 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

John 6: 28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

So ask yourself which you would rather hear when hearing the Good News for the first time: the faith and hope that is in Jesus Christ to live the christian life as well as to rest in Him for eternal life or... a believer boasting about keeping his or her commitment to Christ or to follow Him?

I testify that if anyone seeks to be justified by keeping that commitment to Christ or the commitment to follow Christ, you have fallen from grace. We are in a relationship based on trust in Him and His Covenant to us as we live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by faith.

Galatians 2: 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3: 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 5: 1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.... 4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

By His grace, I pray that you see this reproof: one that speaks of himself or herself in seeking his or her own glory is bearing false witness which defiles the believer. Repent by asking Jesus to forgive you of your trespass and to help you to be a faithful witness of Him.

Matthew 15: 18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man:

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.
So let us bear witness of the Son and boast of God's Covenant to us so that sinners will be converted to Him as our hopes are on Him for eternal life as well as for living this christian life by faith in Jesus Christ for He is Our Good Shepherd as well as Our Saviour.
Amen
An Honorable Bond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or