Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,279,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
So true, Ilene. What is it but an expression of hatred to attempt to lull others into a false sense of security about the eternal salvation of their very soul. 'Hey dont worry about believing in Christ right now. If you die that's okay. You'll believe after you die and God will welcome you into heaven.' And how many people are dumb enough to believe that Satanic lie? There are many. But those who promote universal salvation twist it and say that those who warn about eternal condemnation are the ones who are hateful.

There seems to be degrees of punishment in hell and I have to think that these universalists, the ones who aren't saved; believe it or not, some of them might actually have been saved before they veered off course from the truth and therefore they are still saved, but the ones who aren't saved are going to be punished all the more severely in the lake of fire because of their trivializing the neccessity of believing in Christ while the opportunity exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 PM

63,453 posts, read 39,704,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You are correct. Most UR's never talk about people needing the Lord.
You know it is possible for honest peole to disagree without misrepresenting a viewpoint that will either prove to be true or not and has NO IMPACT on the truth of Jesus. You misrepresent the UR position and deliberately distort its impact with your false strawman arguments about no consequences for evil lives. We cannot violate ANY of God's laws without incurring consequences. But it is the stupid, absurd and defaming eternal consequence for a finite life that you believe in that disparages God's character and is blasphemous.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You know it is possible for honest peole to disagree without misrepresenting a viewpoint that will either prove to be true or not and has NO IMPACT on the truth of Jesus. You misrepresent the UR position and deliberately distort its impact with your false strawman arguments about no consequences for evil lives. We cannot violate ANY of God's laws without incurring consequences. But it is the stupid, absurd and defaming eternal consequence for a finite life that you believe in that disparages God's character and is blasphemous.
Oh but it does have an impact on the truth of Jesus. UR's believe EVERYONE gets saved and Bible clearly teaches this is NOT true.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 PM

32,916 posts, read 26,143,925 times
Quote:
To the contrary. It is calling God a liar by implying that Jesus didn't mean it when He said;

John 3:36 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

These are the spoken words of Jesus Christ with reference to His second Advent when He will judge the Tribulational survivors and send into the eternal fire those Tribulational unbelievers. For there will be no unbelievers entering into the Millennial kingdom of God. And to deny that He said this, to reject the veracity of His words. That is blasphemous.

To deny the truthfulness of Revelation 20:11-15 which speaks of the Great White Throne judgment of unbelievers. That disparages God's character.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
To the contrary. It is calling God a liar by implying that Jesus didn't mean it when He said;

John 3:36 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

These are the spoken words of Jesus Christ with reference to His second Advent when He will judge the Tribulational survivors and send into the eternal fire those Tribulational unbelievers. For there will be no unbelievers entering into the Millennial kingdom of God. And to deny that He said this, to reject the veracity of His words. That is blasphemous.

To deny the truthfulness of Revelation 20:11-15 which speaks of the Great White Throne judgment of unbelievers. That disparages God's character.
Yes Mike you are correct. Another great post

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM

32,916 posts, read 26,143,925 times
Quote:
Yes Mike you are correct. Another great post
Thanks ILNC. It's nice to be appreciated.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Oh but it does have an impact on the truth of Jesus. UR's believe EVERYONE gets saved and Bible clearly teaches this is NOT true.
I can see that it impacts the BIBLE . . . but not the truth of Jesus. Jesus is and lives within each of us as the Holy Spirit. How does UR change that?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM

8,098 posts, read 6,846,918 times
Quote:
That disparages God's character.
I tell you what disparages (belittles) God's majestic character...

Believing and promoting the horrendous idea that God will forever torture the very beings He brought into existence and says that He loves.
On and on and on and on and on and forever and ever and ever just torment and torture, torment and torture, torment and torture, on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on torment and torture, torment, torture, torment torture, on and on and on and on and on.... with NO END.

A torture chamber that lasts forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever with NO END.

There is nothing else the human mind could possibly come up with that would be MORE heinous. This is the MOST HEINOUS. I challenge you to come up something MORE HEINOUS than this.

and yet...

this is what ET'ers say is part of God's character.

Wake up! and believe your Father.
Jesus Christ IS the saviour of ALL MANKIND.
Believe the good news. Believe the gospel.
He wants you to understand WHO HE IS!
WAKE UP, FRIENDS! Wake up my brothers and sisters...

Get out of this awful darkness...
Your beautiful spirit will come alive.
The love will POUR into your heart like you would never believe!!
So much peace and so much AWE for your Creator will just overwhelm you and bring you to YOUR KNEES out of pure, beautiful, lovely worship for Him. He who loves us all so much. The joy and rejoicing that will ovewhelm your spirit...
The confusion will dissipate.
The blinders will fly off.
And you'll be so full of peace.
And those two commands... you will grow to love them more and more and more each new day.
And you will see how those two lovely, BEAUTIFUL commands... start to become so sacred and ever expanding in your heart.
It's the START of something truly amazing in your life.

peace..

Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:

More changing and misrepresenting scripture, Mike . . . John 3:36 (New American Standard Bible)

36"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

The passage you were trying to quote and misrepresent has to do with "works" . . . not salvation. Salvation is a gift from Christ.
Quote:
To pretend that ANYONE REALLY knows what the heck Revelation is saying is unadulterated hubris, IMO. But to presume that God would EVER impose eternal torment and torture on anybody for ANY reason is the worst possible disparagement of His loving character.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 PM

45,309 posts, read 26,815,759 times
Quote:
The blind literal reading and rote acceptance of the "letter" of scripture instead of correctly discerning the "spirit" embedded within is mindless ignorance deserving nothing but scorn. Anyone who asserts that writings from 2000-4000+ years ago are NOT primitive has no conception of our primitive ancestry. Jesus is the LIVING Word of God . . . not words "written in ink" and USEFUL for our instruction. You must believe He is dead and not available to us to so blindly rely on the written word. Do you believe Jesus is with us or not? THAT, my brother, is where the "rubber hits the road" with our faith in Christ. I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN He is with us. I encounter His unconditional love and acceptance in deep meditation . . . so for me it is not a matter of faith in written words . . . it is faith in the living Jesus . . THE Word of God.
It is wrong to pit the Bible against the Holy Spirit and Christ.

The Bible is the Word of God regardless of how long ago it was written.

I know Jesus is the Word of God. Believers rely on both the living and the written word of God. If you only rely on Christ inside - then there is no standard. Anyone could say such and such is the Word of God. What would be true? There would be no reference.

However, the Bible is the reference. We have a standard where the thoughts can be determined to be of God or another spirit.

To answer your question - Jesus is inside all who have been baptized into the Holy Spirit. In other words, all who have the Spirit are one with Christ - and Christ dwells in them - and that includes myself. He died for me and my sins on the cross and rose to new life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity