Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: A Refined Universalists' Poll
I believe Jesus is God, and I am an Universalist 10 62.50%
I believe Jesus was a man, and I am an Universalist 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times

Advertisements

Enow,

I am not going to vote because the options do not cover what I believe.

I do believe that Jesus was born a man - however he was also the Messiah and is the Son of God ---- but I do not believe that he is God,The Son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Like Alabama said, we are to know God, who is LOVE.
And know Him for ever (eternal life) too. When it's all said and done, all will be saved. We have His promise on it.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:43 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Becase retaining the fear of hell and the belief that our loving God would ever even contemplate doing such a heinous thing in vengeance corrupts your soul and your "state of mind" toward God. It separates you from His love more effectively than unbelief. We are to grow as close as possible to God . . . (in "Love of God and each other") in this life . . . not stagnate at a primitive fear of Him and some heinous eternal torment. THAT is the Good News.
Right because worshipping the TRUE God is worse than worshiping a false god like Buddha, Mohammed, etc. That is Satan's lie.

You are all so tunnel visioned with God's love. Yes, He is love, but He also has a lot of other characteristics that you seem to overlook.

I have no fear of hell. I am not going there. God's will is for no one to be in hell. It's mans choice to either follow the Lord or end up in hell.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:54 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Right because worshipping the TRUE God is worse than worshiping a false god like Buddha, Mohammed, etc. That is Satan's lie.

You are all so tunnel visioned with God's love. Yes, He is love, but He also has a lot of other characteristics that you seem to overlook.
The other characteristics are human negative emotions . . . NOT God's. We have them because they are all the result of our human weaknesses and ego . . . God does NOT have those weaknesses or ego problems. God is LOVE.
Quote:
I have no fear of hell. I am not going there. God's will is for no one to be in hell. It's mans choice to either follow the Lord or end up in hell.
Fortunately there is no hell to fear or worry about . . . but the consequences of not attuning our Spirits" to "love of God and each other" are probably nothing to ignore. Living an evil life DOES have consequences . . . but eternal torment is not one of them.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The other characteristics are human negative emotions . . . NOT God's. We have them because they are all the result of our human weaknesses and ego . . . God does NOT have those weaknesses or ego problems. God is LOVE.Fortunately there is no hell to fear or worry about . . . but the consequences of not attuning our Spirits" to "love of God and each other" are probably nothing to ignore. Living an evil life DOES have consequences . . . but eternal torment is not one of them.
God says he is an angry and jealous God or do you think He is lying?

I will agree to disagree with you. I hope you are right.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
It's mans choice to either follow the Lord or end up in hell.
Of course - man's will is the only sovereign governor in existence.

I forgot.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Of course - man's will is the only sovereign governor in existence.

I forgot.
God's will for us is to be like Him. Yet, He allows us to sin. Since He allows us to sin and that's not what HE wants for us, what makes you think he will take us (unbelievers) from hell even if that's not His will for us?

God allows us to live our lives how we choose. If we sin our way to hell, He cannot be blamed.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
God's will for us is to be like Him. Yet, He allows us to sin. Since He allows us to sin and that's not what HE wants for us, what makes you think he will take us (unbelievers) from hell even if that's not His will for us?

God allows us to live our lives how we choose. If we sin our way to hell, He cannot be blamed.
It's a deep rabbit hole for us to contemplate the fall of man, but we must consider that God prevented Adam from returning to the Tree after he was "discovered" - rather, the Lord positioned "Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the Tree of Life".

If the Fall actually took God by surprise, we must give Him credit for immediately implementing a Plan of restitution. This Plan includes raising up sons in His image, who ironically are trained in battle using the very darkness that descended upon man.

Death is the key to life in every view we have of creation.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

So you basically believe that God has left us to it ?

Old 03-11-2010, 04:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:

There is no aspect of God which is mutually exclusive of his love. Gods is love, his justice and his righteousness are aspects of his love. There is no righteousness without love, there is no justice outside of love. There is no good without love. One day you will understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity