Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 PM

8,171 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

Questioning things is how you come to truth...
God wants us to seek Him!

Proverbs 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I don't question why God does things. I read the Bible and it's CRYSTAL clear that UR is dead wrong.
The bolded portion is the deception of Satan that has been fostered within the church so that heinous and evil doctrines can be retained under the "God's ways are mysterious" or "Who can know the mind of God?" . . . Well . . . WE can because we have the "mind of Christ" and His Comforter the Holy spirit within to guide us using the truth of God "written in our hearts." BUT . . . it requires that we question why God does things using the "mind of Christ" as our standard.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I am not going to go around and around in circles. I have shown in many posts the truth and the universalists twist them. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with people who are not open to the truth.
I don't know if that means you are not going to be posting anymore, but if you're leaving, I just want to say that I do believe you have a sweet spirit, but I also believe you are looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. You said before that you are not going to stop enjoying life even though a lot of your family members are in danger of going to hell, so I don't think you've ever really, really come face-to-face with what that would mean because if the lake of fire is literal, nothing else matters.

I wish you peace and blessings and I do hope you'll talk to God about your understanding of hell.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Would you let your own children go to eternal torment on making the wrong choice ?

No...of course not. But...we don't have the freedom to choose for others. It is up to them, not us, to choose...no matter how much we may love them. If we could choose for others (over-ride their will, regardless of what they may or may not want), then we'd choose for EVERYBODY to have the salvation of God.
Believe it or not, there are people who DON'T want to go to heaven when they die...

Bud

Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 PM

8,171 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bolded portion is the deception of Satan that has been fostered within the church so that heinous and evil doctrines can be retained under the "God's ways are mysterious" or "Who can know the mind of God?" . . . Well . . . WE can because we have the "mind of Christ" and His Comforter the Holy spirit within to guide us using the truth of God "written in our hearts." BUT . . . it requires that we question why God does things using the "mind of Christ" as our standard.

Yes! Beautifully said.

Quote:
it requires that we question why God does things using the "mind of Christ" as our standard

Old 03-12-2010, 11:03 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
It's just a prayer, and it is not the WILL of God.
"Just" a prayer? How on earth did you come up with that? And even if so (which it's not), it's inspired by the Holy Spirit!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
That's it Lego...you are imposing simple logic and reasoning into scripture. Like I said, this is just a prayer, and it is NOT God's WILL. Paul is praying. None other.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
"Just" a prayer? How on earth did you come up with that? And even if so (which it's not), it's inspired by the Holy Spirit!
Let me be clear on this, you are saying it is not a prayer made by Paul? I thought you were educated in the word of God? Please explain.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i surely dont, that would mean all those people on the freeway today will be with me in the after life.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:19 AM

Thelo - all UR'ers...need to evaluate the scriptures that use this specific word, and come back to us here and state your case that this is Divine Will, AND is not a prayer made by Paul.

Otherwise, you CANNOT use this verse for your premise anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity