U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,287,720 times
Question Why is the Truth of Universal Restoration SO Important?

Why is the Truth of Universal Restoration SO Important? Because all else misses the mark (ie: is sin).

Without the truth of UR what we have is a God presented to be so uncompassionate and devoid of empathy that He doesn't care if countless billions are in agony forever as long as He gets His few who love Him by free-will.

God - who knows the end from the beginning supposedly launched this plan into action anyway, knowing full well the outcome of eternal torment for the vast majority.

Some on this board go even as far to say that the main purpose of man being created was to resolve an ancient angelic conflict between Helel (Venus) son of Shahar (whom some claim is a great fallen arc angel named Lucifer) and his fellow rebel angels. (you can read the refutation of this nonsense here: The Lucifer Myth)

So again - we have the same calloused sociopathic "god" who could care less what the long term effects are upon sentient beings created in His image as long as is His "angelic conflict problems" get worked out.

This concept is absurd beyond belief and indeed an insult to sanity itself and is a chief cause of the slandering of our loving Father's name around the globe. I would suspect that mainstream Christian dogma (false eternal torment doctrine) is also a leading cause of atheism (A state of mind I myself was in for several years). It's not hard to see that the "good news" they present as "glad tidings to all people" is anything but that.

The resolution is in an understanding of God's plans for the ages (AKA "the mystery of His will"):

Eph. 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth--in Him. 11In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. (NKVJ)

In the times of the restitution of all things every knee will bow and every tongue (joyfully) that Jesus is Lord. Then shall everyman have praise of God.

The new covenant is a sovereign act of God:

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

Then the glory of God shall cover the earth as the waters cover the sea. And All shall know Him from the least to the greatest.

This is the GOSPEL! (AKA: good news. AKA "glad tidings of great joy" AKA "the mystery of His will). God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself not imputing their trespasses unto them.

Just as in Adam all die so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Shout it from the house tops. Every hidden thing will be revealed.

Last edited by firstborn888; 03-12-2010 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM

5,210 posts, read 2,880,912 times
1 Cor 15 again is ripped out of its context. How long will this go on?
Why can't people just let the text interpret itself without imposing this frail, secular philosophy onto it?

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:05 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,287,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
1 Cor 15 again is ripped out of its context. How long will this go on?
Why can't people just let the text interpret itself without imposing this frail, secular philosophy onto it?
I understand how and why some theologians transform the good news into the most horrendous message in the history of the universe.

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I understand how and why some theologians transform the good news into the most horrendous message in the history of the universe.
It has nothing to do with either, but it has everything to do with the audience Paul is speaking directly to. You should note that next time in your studies.

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM

5,925 posts, read 2,989,825 times
Well, if the text is all you need then no one needs your commentary on the matter.

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:16 AM

6,832 posts, read 6,373,726 times
The reason it's important to me is that Christians today have no clue what their purpose or future is to be.

Creation waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

ET - rapture and escapism - no fulfillment of latter fruit (He is impotent, apparently)

UR - Being conformed into His likeness. Overcoming through the trials of the APOKALUPSIS - the unvealing of Jesus Christ we read about in the Revelation of Jesus Christ - which everyone seems to think is either a moneymaker or a book to run from.

The heights of sonship, the kingdom, and all the fullness of God are not attained by merely hearing about them - "To him that overcometh will I give!" They will then be tabernacles of the living God - to show forth His nature and glory to creation.

WE HAVE TO KNOW OUR GOD.

God's purpose is NOT to redeem a bunch of people to sit and wait for a heavenly bus to come along and take them out of this mess. God is preparing SONS to change the world, to seek and save, to redeem and restore all back into God. These Sons will not be found looking up into the sky, expecting Jesus to come and snatch them away to heaven! God has redeemed us and is putting Himself into us so that He may send us to clean up the very mess that He is using to accomplish it in us!

For this day of deliverance the whole creation groans!

Last edited by little elmer; 03-12-2010 at 11:43 AM..

Unread 03-12-2010, 02:27 PM

17,002 posts, read 7,558,830 times
To set free first of all the christian then the unbeliever

and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. Hebrews 2

Unread 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM

5,996 posts, read 3,390,640 times
Indeed, the truth sets us free.

The truth is always important.

Unread 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,179,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The reason it's important to me is that Christians today have no clue what their purpose or future is to be.

Creation waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

ET - rapture and escapism - no fulfillment of latter fruit (He is impotent, apparently)

UR - Being conformed into His likeness. Overcoming through the trials of the APOKALUPSIS - the unvealing of Jesus Christ we read about in the Revelation of Jesus Christ - which everyone seems to think is either a moneymaker or a book to run from.

The heights of sonship, the kingdom, and all the fullness of God are not attained by merely hearing about them - "To him that overcometh will I give!" They will then be tabernacles of the living God - to show forth His nature and glory to creation.

WE HAVE TO KNOW OUR GOD.

God's purpose is NOT to redeem a bunch of people to sit and wait for a heavenly bus to come along and take them out of this mess. God is preparing SONS to change the world, to seek and save, to redeem and restore all back into God. These Sons will not be found looking up into the sky, expecting Jesus to come and snatch them away to heaven! God has redeemed us and is putting Himself into us so that He may send us to clean up the very mess that He is using to accomplish it in us!

For this day of deliverance the whole creation groans!
Great Post! I'm all outta reps for you tho..

Unread 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM

Creation was already restored, in the believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity