Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Sarcasm hurts, because the words cut deeply and personaly as it is intended to.. Many use sarcasm to shield the hatred or the disgust towards the one it is directed at.

I think that once a person apologizes, he should just move on and not keep trying to convince himself or others that he is really sorry by bringing the subject up again and again...People either accept it or not and let it go..

I tell my kids and grands, "It is what you do and how you behave after the apology that counts"

I wasnt the one who brought it up, I was merely respond to constant accusations of others, bigthirsty, Bel, and a few other that just wont let go. This is why I made it so public. The original offence was in Dec 09, this is Mar 10, you would think after repeated apologies someone would let it go yet they continue to bring it up in conversation even after apology. I have not made the comment again and only searched it out and presented an explination to try and put it behind us all and even apologized again yet my apology is not good enough because it is not the their satisfaction.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
No. Christ was not being sarcastic when he said those things. He spoke in parable, metaphor, and within a certain time period and culture. "If your hand offends you cut it off" was not a "sarcastic comment."

An example of a sarcastic comment would be "The lady (or man) doth protest too much."

It's also called "over-compensation in service of the ego" in this particular situation.

So you cannot take His words as sarcastic even given with what He taught repeatedly? I mean I take the comments as sarcastic because I know what He trully want from those listening. Oh well, cant win them all.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I wasnt the one who brought it up, I was merely respond to constant accusations of others, bigthirsty, Bel, and a few other that just wont let go. This is why I made it so public. The original offence was in Dec 09, this is Mar 10, you would think after repeated apologies someone would let it go yet they continue to bring it up in conversation even after apology. I have not made the comment again and only searched it out and presented an explination to try and put it behind us all and even apologized again yet my apology is not good enough because it is not the their satisfaction.
Yeah.. I won't let it go. <---------- SARCASM!!!!!!!!

Lets go back and see how many threads you've started concerning your December post.. and how many threads I've started concerning your Decmeber post. I'll just use threads actually started WITHIN THE PAST MONTH.

Threads started by bigthirsty (HINT THE NUMBER IS ZERO):

Threads started by Robind69:

Christian Hate?

Word Play

Apology

And there are other threads that "dance" around the issue you have that YOU started but aren't as "to the point". Like this one.

Christian Hate?

winner winner chicken dinner..

Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
This thread is now CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity